Finally Finally

It Was All Worth It

"When did your relationship officially start?" asked Sangwook.

"Uhm.. That's..." started Shaun.

"Wait a minute," said King MCK. "We're the ones asking questions here," he said laughing.

"What?! I didn't know so I asked," said Sangwook innocently.

"Can we take Vandal Rock off his chair and make Sangwook hyung ask questions instead?" said Marvel J.

"I volunteer myself to be the knew host," said Seungri raising his arm.

MYK suddenly stood up, saying, "Okay. You take my seat."

Seungri shook hands with him and walked to the chair he left. "All right! Now the game is getting even better," he said pumping his fists.

"I don't think I like the idea of having Seungri as one of the hosts," said Shaun looking at his girlfriend.

"It's never a good idea when he's around," said GDragon covering his face as he laughed with Daesung.

"The next person they put out might be Vandal Rock oppa then they put papa Tablo in the line-up," EunJ told Shaun as they held hands and giggled together.

"Yah! Since Seungri's already there, make Tablo hyung throw some of the questions, too!" shouted Sunbin.

"Okay. I'm getting up," said Vandal Rock as he stood up and shook hands with Tablo, taking the seat he just occupied.

Shaun and EunJ watched as everything happened, not believing they would actually do it. Zico, Seungjae, King MCK, Seungri, Tablo and Simon D were now in front of them. "We're ed," said EunJ. Shaun could only nod his agreement.

"Okay. Since I always wanted to do this. I'll throw the next question," said Tablo taking the cards from Simon D. "Nah. I don't think I like these questions. I'll go with Sangwook's question. When did you two officially start being together?" he asked.

"And the best question after that is, how did it all happen?" continued Simon D.

~

 

"I really do not understand why Mithra oppa still wants a dinner party with all his friends when he's going to be married in a month," said Bom looking at herself through the mirror.

"Maybe it's one of those bachelor parties they go to," said CL.

"With girls huh? I wonder," said Bom looking at her.

EunJ was still inside her room getting ready when CL called for her. They still had a good hour to get ready and go. But CL and Bom needed to go once their manager came. She was going to wait for Shaun to arrive.

Soon, EunJ stepped out of her room, already in her dress that ended at half of her legs and had lace sleeves. "Well, doesn't someone look elegant for tonight," said CL.

"Thanks. I didn't want to dress too much. It's not my party," said EunJ.

"What are your shoes going to be?" asked Bom.

"Right. I have a pair prepared," said EunJ going to the shoe cabinet near the door and pulled a box from the top. She walked back to the living area where her eonnies were and opened the shoebox for them to see. It was a pair of 5-inch white lace pumps.

CL took one of the shoes and lifted to see. "Oh my gosh. These are beautiful," she said. "And just the right height for you and Shaun."

"I know. I don't have a lot of shoes with high heels so I really had to look for this one and get used to it," said EunJ.

"You will look beautiful. Try it on," said Bom pushing the box towards EunJ, making her sit on the sofa. Bom stole glances at CL and they both smiled.

Just in time, the door rang meaning someone was already at the door. CL volunteered to open it while EunJ fixed herself up. It was Shaun outside waiting with EunJ and 2ne1's managers. "Oh my god," was the first thing CL said when she saw him. Before Shaun could even say hello, CL pulled him inside and called the two girls out. "Bom eonnie, look at Shaun!" she said so excitingly.

EunJ had to stand up when she heard Shaun's name. Bom quickly put a hand over and squealed. "THEY'RE WEARING THE SAME COLORS! THIS IS SO CUTE!" she shouted. EunJ and Shaun only smiled at her but eventually blushed when they saw each other.

"Did you and Shaun agreed to wear the same colors?" asked Bom as Shaun walked over to them.

"Sort of," answered Shaun as he approached EunJ and kissed her right cheek. He was wearing black leather shoes, gray jeans, a white polo and striped necktie. He was carrying a white suit jacket in his left hand. He looked at EunJ and down to her feet. "No wonder I didn't have to stoop so low to kiss you. Those shoes look good on you," he said giving her a smile. "And your dress is perfect."

"Do you think so?" asked EunJ. Shaun only nodded without erasing the smile across his lips. "You look dashing," she said.

"You two look like you're the ones getting married and not Mithra oppa," said Bom with her hands still on her cheeks. "I feel like I'm EunJ's mother feeling proud that she finally met the man of her dreams."

"Yoonho oppa, why don't you ear your jacket? I'll take a photo of you two," said CL taking her phone from her small bag walking over the other side of the room.

"Oh. Sure. Thanks," said Shaun. "But, Chaerin-ah... Could you take one from my phone, too?" he asked taking his phone out of his pocket and giving it to CL, eventually putting his jacket on.

EunJ felt shy as Shaun stood right next to her. With heels on, she was already close to eye-level with him and she wasn't used to it. Being that close to his face made her heart race. He was gorgeous. Shaun held her hand and they both looked at the camera. CL demanded more angles and poses from them and so they did. Shaun put a hand over her shoulders, behind her back. EunJ leaned her head on his shoulder, hand on her waist. They even stood back to back.

After the mini photoshoot, 2ne1's manager called for the two of them and left with EunJ's manager. Shaun looked at EunJ and asked if she wanted to leave already. She could only look at him.

"Can... Can I hug you?" she finally said as they stood near the door.

"Huh?! Of course you can," said Shaun stretching his arms out for her to hug and she did. He felt her warmness and tight embrace. "What is this about?" he asked.

"I'm just really happy. I always told you I liked seeing you in white and look at you. You look amazing. You look so handsome," said EunJ.

"Is that coming from the girl I love or from my fangirl?" asked Shaun as he pushed her away from him, flashing her a smile.

"Both!" said EunJ as she placed a kiss on his left cheek. "Let's go!" she said stepping away from him and walking towards the door, Shaun following right behind her.

Tablo and Tukutz stood together near the entrance, welcoming the guests to the party. There weren't much people there, just some of their close friends and some others they were yet to be introduced to. Tukutz welcomed his fellow DJ's that just recently appeared in the survival show, HEADLINER. Tablo commented that they should have just chosen a venue where there was a turntable since a lot of the people there were DJ's.

Paloalto walked in with half of his crew from Hi Lite wearing their same old jacket and jeans outfit. "I was hoping you'd dress better for tonight," said Tablo.

Shaun and EunJ just walked in, hand in hand. A restaurant staff approached them and led them to the hall the event was going to be at. The group watched as they walked towards them. EunJ immediately smiled and waved her hand as she saw Paloalto and Okasian.

"I didn't know we could dress down like this," said EunJ pointing at Okasian. "I could have just came in jeans and sneakers!"

"Hey! Don't just point at me like that," said Okasian.

"If you did that, you wouldn't be able to match with Shaun-ssi's outfit," said G2 teasing EunJ.

"You two look good together," smiled Paloalto.

"Thank you, hyung," said Shaun bowing.

"Come on. Get inside and find your tables. We'll talk later," said Tablo pushing EunJ inside. Shaun exchanged looks with the group before smiling and walking away, following his date. "Everything should go on as planned," said Tablo crossing his arms.

The two took the seat designated to them which was beside the members of the KOXX and Iron, Seungjae, Marvel J and Supreme Boi. In front of them were seats reserved for AOMG and DEADEND. Jay Park even asked Sooryun, Hyunsong and Sunbin why they had their instruments with them. They answered that they had practice that night and needed to bring them along already. EunJ still couldn't believe her crew members were invited to Mithra's party though. They barely knew him. Other than them, EunJ saw members of y Street, Amoeba Culture, Vismajor, ADV, Buckwilds and people the KOXX's other labelmates. There were even Shaun's friends from the the clubs he frequents at. DJ Schedule 1, RTee, Maximite, Juncoco and Bagagee Viphex 13 even approached their table and greeted Shaun. Even though EunJ was wondering why they were there, she kept her silence since she knew how far out Epik High's acquaintances reach.

What bothered EunJ was her spot on the table. It was the longest table in the venue made by connecting two tables together and she just had the honor to sit where the ends meet in the middle. It was awkward especially when the food came.

In front of their table was a small stage with a microphone stand, keyboard, a beat box and speakers set up.

"There's a piano oppa. Maybe you should sing for Mithra papa," EunJ told Shaun. He only smiled at her suggestion.

"Maybe we could sing a song later," said Sooryun who was sitting next to Shaun.

"With our songs, I don't think the crowd would enjoy it," said Saron in between Hyunsong and Sunbin.

"Of course, no one would enjoy it. You're a rock group. Everyone else in this room is hiphop," said King MCK laughing from across the table from Seungjae.

"That's why I always ask myself how we became friends with all of you," said Shaun.

"It's never too late to walk out of this room," smiled Sunbin.

"Eh? No," pouted EunJ.

The party went on with people just catching up with each other, talking, conversations here and there, photos taken, stories shared on stage about Mithra and more. At dinner, Tablo approached Shaun and whispered something to him. EunJ saw it but didn't take too much notice of it and continued eating her vanilla ice cream as dessert, Seungjae occasionally stealing scoops from her.

Choiza stood on the small stage and said that he would handle the event from there. The waiters then came and cleared the table of plates and more. EunJ had them remove everything in front of her and asked for a glass of water instead. Choiza called out people that would like to give a song for Mithra and his wife-to-be. Unfortunately, no one raised their hands or stood up. "Man, we're all rappers here. No one's gonna sing for him," everyone heard Simon D shout from near the door, laughing with members of Jiggy Fellaz inlcuding Vasco, Deepflow, Basick, Untouchable and Maniac. It made EunJ smile to see her mentors come together that night.

"Okay. No one's going to sing for Mithra-goon," said Choiza. "Well, maybe someone wants to sing for someone else? A girlfriend maybe? Your husband's?" he continued raising his eyebrows at Hyejung who sat in front laughing at the suggestion with her husband and daughter. "How about Beenzino-ssi?" The guy waved his hand in the air laughing together with Stefanie beside him. "She doesn't sing!" said Beenzino. "Anyone else?" asked Choiza.

Suddenly, Shaun got up from his seat, excusing himself from the group. EunJ only looked up and smiled. She looked back to the front and waited when Kidoh tapped her hand and said that Shaun was walking towards the stage. She looked. He was! Everyone started cheering and clapping. There was an obvious smile on Shaun's face when he finally approached Choiza and shook his hand. 

"Why don't you look at that? It's DJ Shaun!" said Choiza. "What are you going to do for us today?"

"I wanted to sing. Maybe I could use the piano as well?" he answered.

"Sure. You can use the piano. But who are you going to sing for?" he asked putting the mic near his mouth.

Shaun was unable to answer and instead, drew a wide smile on his face. Everyone else started cheering and clapping. EunJ even heard her name being called. Her friends around her started cooing and teasing her which made her look down and bite her lip.

"Well, I guess we don't need to guess who Shaun is going to sing for," said Choiza as he watched Shaun sit in front of the piano and got ready. "But I still want to hear her name. Who is it?!" he said through the mic before pointing it to the audience. They all shouted "AHN JI EUN".

Shaun started pressing on the keys as he sat down. He looked over to their table and smiled. "Can I ask my brothers to join me?" he said through the microphone. The other members of the KOXX all stood up, the guitarists taking their instruments with them. Everyone watched them as they prepared on the small stage. Saron sat on the beat box and placed a microphone just in front of it on the floor. beside him was Sunbin who stood up and connected a cord to his bass guitar. Hyunsong stood behind Shaun with an electric guitar while Sooryun sat on a chair just close behind Shaun with an acoustic guitar. Everything seemed to be planned. "I'm going to sing one of her favorite songs. I hope you all love it as well," said Shaun. He stole one last look at EunJ before smiling and pressing keys.

"In these photographs How beautiful your laugh
I remember the first time I laid my eyes on you and fell for you
When I look at your smile The world seems like it’s mine
We’ve had our share of hard times but now I’ll never make you cry

I’ll be there for you No matter what you do
I will promise you that I’ll love you
I’ll be there for you In times of worry
Sometimes the world may feel like it’s falling down
No need to worry I’ll be there for you
"

The two tables started moving away from each other and the people around EunJ started leaving their seats to give way. She wanted to stand up as well but the waiters and others from AOMG and Deadend cleared the center. When they were done, Seungjae approached her and made her stand up, passing the chair to Maximite behind him. He smiled at her before stepping back, leaving EunJ in the middle of the floor staring back at Shaun who was still singing. She had to cover in awe as she watched and listened.

"When I see your sad tears What I must do is unclear
I assure you my shoulder will be always there for you

I’ll be there for you No matter what you do
I will promise you that I’ll love you
I’ll be there for you In times of worry
Sometimes the world may feel like it’s falling down
No need to worry I’ll be there for you

I’ll spend every second of my life
To try and make you happy all the time
Just know that you’re the reason of my life
"

All the other instruments stopped playing and Shaun performed a short piano break. Just him. Suddenly, all the people around EunJ held their phones, tablets, laptops, and other gadgets up facing her. On each of them showed a different photo of EunJ and Shaun, solo or together or with friends. Tablo held his tablet up showing the first ever group photo Epik High, EunJ and the KOXX had in 2012. Haru held her phone up showing her selca with EunJ and Shaun. Jinsil and Sangwook showed photos of themselves with Shaun and EunJ respectively. King MCK showed the selca he had with both of them when they dropped by Cakeshop once. The Solutions' Sol shared his photo of Shaun and EunJ sitting on the floor, the angle coming from above. Seungjae and TypeC showed their selcas eith the two at Brownsoul club from last year. Kang Seungyoon showed his selca with Shaun, while Mino had a selca with EunJ. Zico showed the group photo BlockB had with the two and Pia Band. CL showed the photos she took earlier that afternoon at EunJ's place when Shaun arrived. Bom had one of those photos, too. Minzy showed a photo of the couple's cats. Simon D showed his phone and a photo of him with EunJ behind him, Shaun's arm around her shoulders.

As a favor to Sunbin, Code Kunst held up his tablet with a photo of the two hugging, the time when Shaun left for his military service. Paloalto showed a photo of them sitting together in front of a computer. Marvel J's photo was during one of the early morning walks he had with Kidoh, Shaun and EunJ as they were having coffee. Seungri showed a photo of EunJ staring at Shaun as he was mixing on the turntable. Soundfuze shared a photo of Shaun in the beach. Day Walker showed a photo of EunJ on a swing. Jay Park showed a photo of EunJ blowing a cake. Dumbfoundead, who happened to be at the event, shared his screencap of when he had facetime with Shaun. RTee showed his laptop with a group photo of everyone in Headliner with EunJ and DJ Somal. Okasian held his phone high showing him and Sooyeon holding hands with Shaun and EunJ beside them doing the same. Vandal Rock showed a photo of Shaun on stage at the World DJ Festival that year. GDragon showed a photo of EunJ on stage at the Hiphopplaya festival from last year. Hyunsong made i11evn put out his tablet showing Shaun with a guitar and EunJ playing the piano. Inwoo of Hyukoh showed his phone as well showing the two holdingup their album "22". Vasco held up a candid photo of EunJ laughing as Shaun appeared to brush the hair off her face. Everyone had at least one photo to share and EunJ saw all of them, feeling so moved at how they became part of everyone else's lives.

"In these photographs How beautiful your laugh
I remember the first time I laid my eyes on you and fell for you

I’ll be there for you No matter what you do
I will promise you that I’ll love you
I’ll be there for you In times of worry
Sometimes the world may feel like it’s falling down
No need to worry I’ll be there for you"

This time, Shaun stood up and left the piano. He took the mic and walked towards EunJ who was already trying her best not to cry.

"I’ll spend every second of my life
To try and make you happy all the time
Just know that I’ll be there for you
"

Everyone became silent. The KOXX stopped playing and rested, putting their instruments aside and waited for everyone else.

"Are you crying?" asked Shaun laughing as he reached for her cheek, trying to not make himself cry as well. EunJ shook her head but had to wipe the sides of her eyes from the tears that have been trying to form in them. "Please don't cry. I wanted to make you happy tonight. So please, smile," he said. And EunJ did looking straight at him.

Shaun smiled and breathed deep. He looked around and searched his friends' eyes. All of them smiled at him, nodding if they can. He looked back at EunJ and held the microphone uo to his mouth. "I don't know if you remember, Ji Eun-ah. But today... Three years ago, this was the same day I first told you that I love you. But that same day, I had to leave and we lived apart," he said.

"How could I ever forget that," said EunJ faking a smile as the memory swimmed in her head.

"Ji Eun-ah..." called Shaun. "After three years, I wanted to do something different, something for both of us, something special."

At this cue, Junyeol came from the stage to where the two were carrying a microphone stand. From the other side, DJ Pumkin took Shaun's mic and placed it on the loop, adjusting the stand to his height.

"First, I want to thank all our friends here tonight. This is actually Mithra hyung's party but when I told him I couldn't make it because I was planning something, he agreed to help me out. Epik High hyungs were in on everything. It turns out that he called everyone and they were all glad to help me. Thank you," he said bowing slightly to the crowd. "Secondly, I want to thank my hyungs, the KOXX, for always being there, for always helping me out, for always giving me advice, for also being a good friend not just to me, but for you as well."

At that statement, everyone clapped their hands for the KOXX. EunJ did, too looking at the stage. She caught a glimpse of Hyunsong wiping his eyes with his handkerchief. Saron wiped his eyes with the back of his hand.

"Lastly, I want to thank you," said Shaun getting EunJ's attention again. "Thank you for being that girl I love so much. This may sound awkward but people who know us... They think we're already together, that you're already my girlfriend. But somehow, we aren't. We could be but we just haven't labeled our relationship yet. I guess it's because of the times we've been away from each other or us being too busy to actually do the things couples do. But one thing is for sure though. I love you. I really do. From the bottom of my heart, I cherish you with all of my heart."

"Oppa..." EunJ said.

Shaun then pulled something out of his pocket. It was a thin 15-inch long box. He clenched his fist around its length. "I want to take this step by step. Before I give you a ring, I wanted to give you this," he said slowly kneeling on one foot in front of EunJ. "Ahn Ji Eun, could you be the one to spend numerous hours a day with me? Could you be the new inspiration to the future songs I would work on? Could you be the princess I could spoil each and every day of my life? Could you be the person I could cry to whenever I'm down? Could you be the person I'll see cheering me on every time I go on stage? Could you be the girl I dream to take into marriage in the future? It's amazing how both of us have become part of the lives of all these people in this room and we aren't even together yet. From all of these people though, there is only one person I want to be sharing my life with. And that's you. Ji Eun-ah..." he said opening the box up in front of her. "Could you be my girlfriend?"

EunJ covered as she saw what was inside the box. It had 2 necklaces in it, each one made from silver, with two pendants on each. "S" and "E", their initials.

 

= _ = _ = _ = _ = _ = _ = _ = _ =

Sorry for the late update! This chapter has been finished a month ago but I was unable to post it. This story will soon end though. So please stick through!

Thank you for all the subscribers, likes and comments!