Chapter 02

Live Again

"Mr. Kim, I brought you coffee", Miyeon put down the cup of coffee on Joonmyun's table.

"Thank you. My head hurts so much", he winced.

"I have a painkiller in my bag, Mr. Kim. It will make your headache go away."

He shook his head. "Thank you, but there's no need for it. A coffee will be enough", he gave her a small smile. "Is there anything else you need?"

"Yes, your..."

"Hello!" Jongdae's cheerful voice could be heard outside. Soon he entered the office and greeted Miyeon and Joonmyun.

"Please continue, Miyeon-sshi, don't mind my brother barging in."

She smiled. "The books you ordered arrived this morning. Also, your friend Minseok called and said that he would arrive from China today."

"Oh my God, I completely forgot about Minseok arriving!", Joonmyun gasped. "I said I would meet him at "Two Moons", but I haven't reserved the table."

"I reserved the table for you", Miyeon said and he heaved a huge sigh.

"What would you do without Miyeon-sshi?" Jongdae said. She smiled shyly and excused herself.

"Look how she takes care of you. Isn't she a nice girl?"

"She is a great worker, she is doing her job well", Joonmyun said calmly, sipping his coffee.

Jongdae raised his eyebrow. "I guess Sehun is right", he whispered, but Joonmyun heard him.

"Sehun? About what?"

"You are blind, hyung. You have such a nice girl in front of you every day, and she is really good to you, but you don't pay attention to her."

"What's wrong with all of you? First Sehun and now you! Miyeon is my employee and nothing else. She is a good girl, but I'm just not interested in her", he said and got up from his chair. "And please stop. I don't want to hear you saying that here again. She might hear us and I don't want her to feel awkward."

Jongdae raised his hands in defeat. "Alright, I won't."

"Good", he said calmly.

 

In front of the office door stood Miyeon. Her smile faded when she heard her boss' words. She knew that her boss could never like her, but it hurt her to hear that from him. She always cursed herself for developing a crush on him, she wanted to forget about him, but seeing him every day didn't help. It didn't help that he was nice and smart and handsome too. The only way to forget about him would be to quit, but she needed the job. She put a fake smile on her face and knocked on the door.
____________________________________________________________________________________________

 

"Is something wrong, Miyeon? You are a bit off today", her friend Hyoyeon asked, taking a bite of her cake.

Miyeon shook her head, but Hyoyeon could see in her eyes that she was hiding something and she gave her a questioning look.

"You know that I have a crush on my boss." Hyoyeon hummed in response. "Yesterday I heard him talking to his brother and he said that he could never like me."

"He really said that?! Well, you should give up on him!", Hyoyeon stabbed angrily on her cake. "He really is blind. Such a nice girl like you, every man would want you. He really makes me angry!"

Miyeon smiled a bit at her friend. "There's no need for you to be angry, I should be angry, not at him, but at myself, for liking him for three years and missing out so many things."

"That's right!" Hyoyeon chirped. "Forget about him and enjoy your life." They both smiled. "You will find someone better, someone who will love you." Miyeon nodded and smiled, but deep inside she wasn't convinced in her own words. Forgetting Kim Joonmyun wasn't going to be easy.