Chapter 09

Live Again

The following days at the company were chaotic. A lot of work was awaiting for everyone, and especially Joonmyun. Sehun had called sick. The main expert in finance had called sick and Joonmyun was left with all the work.

"Sehun, what happened to you?" he asked him.

"Hyung, I'm sick, my whole body is aching", he told him over the phone. "I can't move. I'm sorry that I'm leaving you right now. Jongin can help you. Miyeon has a degree in economy studies, too. She can help you."

Joonmyun sighed. "Alright. Get well soon." He looked at the piles of paper on his desk. That was a lot of work. "Miyeon-sshi, come to my office, please", he said over the phone. In a few moments, she was in.

"I suppose that you know that Sehun has called sick. That means that we won't have our finance executive for some time." She nodded. "He told me that you have a degree in economic studies. Maybe you could help me ."

"Of course", she said, a small smile appearing on her face. 

"Excellent! I think we should start right away. We got a lot of work to do."

 

Sehun was absent from work for a week. During that time, Miyeon was mostly with Joonmyun. They were going through different reports and files, writing new ones. Sometimes they would spent the entire day closed in the office. They would end up having their lunch together, eating what she had brought from home. During those days, it was hard for her to ignore him. First, they were in the same room most of the time. Second, they had to talk because they had to discuss the reports and plans. Third, he was too attractive. She couldn't help but to notice how broad his shoulders were or how good he looked in just a plain white shirt.

Joonmyun also had moments when he had to try hard not to stare at her. It was as if he was discovering a whole new person in her. He had known her for three years but now it seemed to him that she was a different person. She was quiet, pretty calm and observing, very intelligent and educated, but she didn't flaunt with it. He had also found out that she had a couple of really good friends. He met Hyoyeon, her best female friend, who came to visit her for the first time since Miyeon had started working there.

 

One day, while they were both trapped in the paperwork, her phone rang. It was Kyungsoo, who was passing by and wanted to see her. Miyeon asked Joonmyun if he could give her a small break and he agreed, because he needed one too.

Kyungsoo entered the office and he broke into a smile as soon as he saw her. She got up from the seat and hugged him.

"This is my best friend, Kyungsoo", Miyeon turned to Joonmyun, pointed at Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo held out his hand and they shook hands.

"Kim Joonmyun. Nice to meet you, Kyungsoo-sshi."

"Nice to meet you, too. I heard from Miyeon that you have a lot of work these days."

Joonmyun nodded. "Yes, but Miyeon-sshi has helped me a lot. Without her I would be nowhere, to be honest."

"She is very hard working. I've known her for a long time", he turned to her. "Shall we go now, Miyeon?"

"Mr. Kim, I will be back soon", she said and they left the office quickly.

"Thank God, you were great", Miyeon said, heaving a huge sigh of relief. Kyungsoo looked at her in confusion. "Hyoyeon embarrased me. She was literally drooling over him. She almost told him that I like him!"

Kyungsoo laughed. "I don't call her "Crazy Hyoyeon" for nothing. But tell me, how's it going? Are you tired?"

She nodded, a sigh escaping her lips. "Yeah, more than tired. I can't wait for the vacation. Where are we going by the way?"

"Come to the dinner tonight and you will know. Hyoyeon and Woobin have a few suggestions, so we need to consider them."

"Alright, I'll come."

"Oh, look at the time", he glanced at his watch. "I have to go. I'll see you tonight then." He gave her a goodbye hug and left.

Miyeon was back in the office. "Miyeon-sshi, Sehun is coming back tomorrow, he just texted me", Joonmyun said.

"That is great", she said, but she wasn't really happy. It was nice for her to be able to do the job she studied for, but it couldn't last forever. "I'll move my stuff to my desk then."