Chapter 10

Live Again

 The heat in the office was almost unbearable. The AC found a perfect time to break down. It was the beginning of the summer and it was really hot. The guys who were supposed to fix the AC were two days late and everyone in the office were at the edge of their nerves. Male employees were walking around without their ties, with unbottoned shirts. Some even wore only tank tops, but that didn't last too long, because Joonmyun would scold them for being inappropriately dressed.
Miyeon wore her dress a bit shorter than usual because she honestly couldn't stand the heat. Of course, Sehun couldn't miss the chance to because of it.

"Is that a new dress I see?" he said, leaning against the wall. "Are you trying to seduce the entire office?" he half whispered to her.

"Yes, I am", she said jokingly.

"Well, I think you're doing a great job. You should have seen Minho's and Luhan's faces when you walked past them. They were like this!" he stuck his tongue out, pretending that he was whiping his drool.

Miyeon chuckled loudly. "You are exaggerating, Sehun."

"I'm not. You look great", he said. "You are trying to seduce our boss, right?" he added with a smirk.

"Sehun, that girl you've been telling me about...She doesn't seem to like you, right?" Miyeon said.

Sehun pursed his lips. "What's wrong with you? I was just kidding. And it's true. She doesn't seem to like me", he pouted.

"Don't worry, I'm sure you'll manage to charm her", Miyeon grinned at him, but he shook his head.

"I think she likes someone else. To be precise, that Kim Seokjin, her coworker", he hissed. "Everytime I see him, I want to punch him right in the face", he clenched his fists.

That was the first time Miyeon had seen him angry and somehow insecure. Sehun was usually calm, relaxed and confident. He was totally different now, so much that she regretted mentioning the girl to him.

"Hey, calm down.I have something to tell you. I have finally come to my senses and decided to forget about him", she said and Sehun only rolled his eyes. "I'm serious this time. I am aware how bad this love is for me and I can't keep be delusional forever. I'm twenty-seven. Some of my friends are already married and have kids. And I'm stuck with love that's impossible."

Sehun snorted."Impossible? That guy is just being stubborn! Just give him time."

"He had three years. I'm not going to wait for him to notice me anymore." 

"In that dress...I'm sure he'll notice you", Sehun again and she couldn't resist not to smack his shoulder. He winced. "Now, hurry up. We need that report from Luhan for the next meeting."

Miyeon hurried down the stairs to the floor below, where Luhan was waiting her to give her the report. He welcomed her with a smirk.

"It's nice seeing you again, Miyeon-sshi", he said, scanning her from head to toes.

She bowed slightly and nodded. "Where is the report, Luhan-sshi?"

He chuckled. "Just Luhan, please. And I think we'll have to wait for the report. Minho took it to make a few copies and he hasn't come back yet."

Miyeon sighed. "Alright. We'll wait."

"Have a seat, please", he said, pulling out a chair for her. Miyeon bowed and sat. Luhan sat right next to her.

"It's really hot these days", he said, "I can't wait for those guys to fix the AC so we can finally work normally."

"Yes, past days have been a living hell", she said with a smile, but her smile soon vanished when Luhan started unbottoning his shirt. She started panicking, but soon stopped when he ended up with only three buttons unbottoned. That was more than enough for her to get a peek at his chest.He must have noticed that, so he chuckled. 

"So, Luhan, do you miss your homeland?" she said, trying to break the awkwardness.

"I do, but Korea is equally beautiful. And I got used to living here, so it's not that bad."

"I'm here!" they heard Minho. "Miyeon-sshi, you're here. I'm sorry I'm late."

Miyeon got up abruptly. "It's nothing. Is the report done?"

"Of course, here's your copy", he said and handed her the paper. She thanked them and left.

"Man, have you seen her? I think she's the hottest girl in the whole company", Minho said, crossing his legs. "Kang Miyeon. I wish she worked here, in our office. We would get to see her more often."

Luhan nodded. "I want to get closer to her. What do you say that I invite her for a dinner after work?", he winked. Minho smiled and gave him  thumbs up. The sound of someone clearing his throat caused them to turn their heads. It was Joonmyun. Hands in his pockets, he carefully observed the two men, who got up and bowed as soon as they saw him. He only nodded, locking his eyes with Luhan's.

 "I came here to check if everything is alright", he spoke. Minho and Luhan nodded.

"Luhan, did you get used to working here, since you are relatively new here, right?"

"Yes, President Kim. It is great working here. I have to tell you that I fell in love with Korea. Everything is great here", Luhan said with a smile. 

"That is good to hear", he replied. "Continue with your work. I m leaving for my office."

Luhan and Minho bowed and sat down.

"He is weird", Minho said. Luhan shrugged. "He's probably just in a good mood, that's all."
__________________________________________________________________________________________

"Miyeon-sshi, I hope you don't have any plans for tonight."

Miyeon looked up from her desk, only to see Luhan's smiling face. She blinked a few times to make sure that she wasn't dreaming. He chuckled. "I would like to invite you for a dinner."

"A dinner?" Why is Luhan doing this? What is going on? Is this some kind of a hidden camera? Those were the thoughts in her head, who were soon interrupted by Luhan's words.

"Yes, a dinner. I want to get to know you better, Miyeon-sshi."

She nodded, still confused by his words. "I-I don't have anything planned for tonight", she said with a smile. Luhan grinned. Miyeon felt bad for him for a moment, because she only accepted the invitation because she wanted to forget Joonmyun.

"I think you forgot about somehing, Miyeon-sshi", Joonmyun said, appearing in front of her desk. "We have a business dinner tonight with our Norwegian partners."

"Yes, I know about that dinner, but I am not supposed to go. I have never attended any of the business dinners with you", she stated.

Joonmyun nodded. "That is true, but tonight is different. Since Sehun won't be able to go, you will have to take his place."

"Mr. Kim, I would really like to go, but I think that your brother would be a more adequate replacement for  Mr.Oh's absence."

He inhaled sharply. "Jongin is also busy. You are going to that dinner with me." Miyeon could only nod. "Good", he said and stormed into his office.

Miyeon looked apologetically at Luhan. "I am really sorry, Luhan. This was really unexpected."

He nodded, disappointment evident on his face. "It's alright, we'll go next time."