Chapter 26

Live Again

"I can't believe you did that!" Miyeon turned to Joonmyun and he sent a glare in Jongdae's direction. She shook her head at him playfully and he smiled, seeing her so happy.

Jongdae was obviously on the roll that evening. He kept telling funny stories about his brothers, just to embarrass them in front of their girlfriends. Jongin was fighting him, of course, because he didn't want Hyori to find out about embarrasing things from his past.

"I can only imagine the mess the three of you made when you were kids", Miyeon commented after Jongdae's story about the number of vases they broke.

"Jongdae hyung and I were the worst. We used to have food fights. Joonmyun hyung wasn't that much of a troublemaker", Jongin said.

Miyeon took Joonmyun's hand and smiled at him. He put his other arm around her waist and brought her closer. Looking around the table, he saw Hyori scolding Jongin for eating her last piece of chicken and him pouting sadly, Jongdae trying to feed Sunmi and her feeling embarrassed because she wasn't used to him being like that. He glanced at Miyeon's hand in his and felt happy, truly happy. There was just a little something missing, but he was ready to correct that soon.

Was all of that true? He questioned himself often. Was it real? Was he finally happy, after years of suffering and running away from life? Miyeon reminded him that it was real, with every morning she woke up with him, with every kiss she gave him.

It is real, he thought and immediately broke into a smile. He brought her hand to his lips and kissed it. "This is real, right?" he asked her, and she chuckled.

"Don't ask silly questions. Of course it is."
______________________________________________________________________________

It was already late in the night when they finished with the dinner. Joonmyun went to the bathroom while Jongdae and Jongin stayed with Miyeon.

"Guys, you can go to your girlfriends, they are going to get bored while waiting for you in the car."

"We have to keep you safe. Strict orders from our hyung", Jongin chuckled. "I'm kidding. We just wanted to tell you something." Jongdae nodded. "Never in our lives have we seen Joonmyun hyung this happy as he was tonight. He smiled like he never used to before."

"Yeah, that's true", Jongdae jumped in. "We just wanted to thank you for making him this happy. He is finally his real self."

At that moment, she was so touched that she wanted to cry. The guys were so good to her and made her feel like a part of their family. "You are going to make me cry."

Jongin gasped. "You can't cry! Joonmyun hyung will kill us if you do."

"Jongin? Jongdae?" 

They both froze hearing the voice calling them. Miyeon looked at them in confusion. Jongdae slowly turned his head to the direction of the voice and so did Jongin."Hyeri", Jongdae muttered. The woman smiled at them and then glanced at Miyeon. As soon as she heard the name Hyeri, she knew who she was. And she could see why Joonmyun was once in love with her. Hyeri was beautiful. 

"How have you two been?" she asked, glancing at Miyeon again, probably wondering who she was.

"Great", Jongin forced himself to answer. "And you?"

"More than great", she answered. "Jongdae, is this your girlfriend?" she asked, pointing at Miyeon, because she was standing closer to Jongdae.

He shook his head, suddenly feeling awkward. "No, she is actually hyung's girlfriend."

"I'm Miyeon, nice to meet you", she forced a smile. "Joonmyun's girlfriend."

Hyeri smiled. "I'm Hyeri. Nice to meet you too. I didn't expect to meet you two here", she turned to the guys.

"We didn't expect to see you too. Three years have passed since we've last seen each other", Jongdae said.

Hyeri nodded. "Well, it's nice seeing you two. I see that you are doing fine. Where is Joonmyun?"

Miyeon tensed when she mentioned his name. She didn't feel jealous, just some kind of fear. Although she knew that Hyeri was married and would probably never go back to Joonmyun, she still couldn't get rid of that feeling. Her own insecurities were now surfacing. 

"He should be here anytime", Miyeon replied.

"It was nice seeing you two, and meeting you, Miyeon-sshi. My husband is waiting for me.Bye", she said and left the restaurant.

Jongdae heaved a sigh. "Are you alright, Miyeon?" he asked worriedly and she nodded.

"I hate her so much", Jongin hissed and Jongdae glared at him. "What? She hurt our hyung, of course I don't like her."

Miyeon smiled at the two. "Now I have to thank you for accepting me and supporting me. I feel like you are my family." They grinned at her.

"Did you take care of my girlfriend?" Joonmyun asked, hugging her from behind. The two nodded in unision and smiled.

"I can't believe that you became so romantic, hyung. Giving backhugs and stuff like that", Jongdae said teasingly.

"Hyung, I think we better leave", Jongin said.

Joonmyun nodded curtly. "Jonginnie is right. You two better run now." Jongdae rolled his eyes and they left.

"Why did you do that to them? They were really nice to me."

"They spent enough time with you", he whispered. "Now let's go."

 

 

After a nice shower they both saunthered to bed. It was hard for Joonmyun to keep his hands to himself, with her looking so fresh and beautiful. He couldn't tell why, but he had a thing for her after she came out of the shower. She just looked pure but seductive at the same time. He tangled one of his hands in her hair, pulling her head closer and connecting their lips.

"I love you so much, Miyeon."

"I love you too", she breathed out. "Joonmyun, I have to tell you something."

Her serious tone somehow scared him. "Sure", he said, her back.

"At the restaurant..tonight...I met Hyeri", she gulped and she felt his breathing stop for a moment.

"I suppose you know who she is", he said quietly.

"Yes, and I can see why you loved her so much. She is beautiful."

"Look up at me." She raised her head slowly to look into his eyes. "Don't ever say anything like that. I love you, only you. There's no one else who could compare with you."

She sighed. "But I...I know that she was your first love and how could I compare with her?"

"Baby, you are you. Kang Miyeon, the one who made me believe in life again. No one could ever compare with you", he pecked her lips. "And don't say things like that, please. It makes me feel bad."

"Sorry, I just...had to tell you."

He suddenly got up and opened his closet. "You asked for this yourself, baby."

Frowning, she looked at his wide back turned to her as he searched for something. When he turned around, she saw a small box in his hand.

He climbed up on the bed and knelt in front of her. Clearing his throat a few times, he opened the box and she saw a beautiful ring. "I wanted to make this more romantic, but I can't wait any longer. I want to spend the rest of my life with you. Miyeon, will you marry me?"

In shock, she could only stare at him. Tears started to well in her eyes while he was growing more and more impatient. "Will you marry me?" he asked again.

"Yes, yes", she nodded frantically and threw himself in his arms, tears of happiness running down her cheeks.

He heaved a huge sigh of relief before cupping her face and kissing her. He pulled away and took the ring out of the box. "Give me your hand."

She held out her hand and he slowly put the ring on her finger. "Thank you, Miyeon. Thank you for loving me and never giving up on me."

"Thank you for loving me and protecting me", she said through tears.

"Let's just be happy from now on, okay?"

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Author's Note

First, I'd like to thank all of you for subscribing, upvoting and commenting on my story. I hope you enjoyed reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it.

I somehow feel sad after finishing it, but there will be other stories in the future.

Thank you once again <3 <3