Chapter 04

Live Again

After that day when her boss yelled at her and scolded her, Miyeon couldn't bring herself to be as good to him as she was before. Of course, she was still professional and she did her job well, but nothing more than that. She forgave him, but somewhere deep inside she was still hurt. Joonmyun noticed that she was different than usual. She didn't greet him with a smile as usual, her voice was much quieter and all of their communication aside from work was completely cut off.
He knew that his behaviour was the cause of her change and he wanted to apologize, but somehow the chance to do so always managed to slip away. Meetings with the Canadian company kept them busy for almost two weeks. During that time he didn't even get a proper amount of sleep, but he didn't have a problem with that. It was good that he was busy, because his mind was always focused on work and not on her.

It was lunchtime and Miyeon brought some kimchi stew she made the day before. She was eating peacefully at her desk when she heard a loud thud and a few curses coming out of Joonmyun's office. She got up quickly and ran to the office. Entering the office, she saw a pile of books and a shelf laying on the floor and Joonmyun had his hand on his right shoulder and a painful expression on his face.

"What happened, Mr. Kim, are you alright?" she said, her voice trembling with fear that something might have happened to him.

"I'm fine. This shelf fell on my shoulder, but it's not that bad", he replied, still holding onto his shoulder. Soon after he said that a few big red dots appeared on his white shirt. He was bleeding.

"Mr. Kim, I'll bring the first aid kit, you are bleeding!" Miyeon said and ran to her desk. Soon she was back in the office with the kit in her hands.

"You don't have to, it's nothing serious", he said, even though the pain in his shoulder was pretty strong.

"It's probably a cut, it has to be treated." She approached him and examined the wound. It was on his forearm, close to the shoulder. The shirt had been torn too. 

"Mr. Kim, you will have to take off your shirt", she said, her face blushing with hundred shades of red. "I can't disinfect the wound like this."

Joonmyun quickly took off his tie and threw it on the desk. Then he started unbottoning his shirt with his left hands, but he struggled. Miyeon almost wanted to ask him if he needed help, but she decided that it was better not to do that. It would be very inappropriate if someone entered and found her taking off his shirt. His shirt was off after a while and Miyeon couldn't help but to glance at his body. She didn't expect from him to be that well built. His chest and abs were toned and she found herself staring. Shaking her head abruptly, she opened the first aid kit and took out alcohol and sterile gauze pads to clean the wound.

Joonmyun winced in pain when the alcohol came in contact with the wound. He took a deep breath. He wanted to apologize to her and it was now of never.

"Miyeon-sshi, I would really like to apologize for my behaviour two weeks ago. It was completely unprofessional of me to do that", he said in one breath.

Miyeon blinked a few times, not believing what she had heard.

"Just because I had some personal problems didn't give me the right to act like that towards you. You are a good worker and you don't deserve to be treated that way." The tone of his voice was much softer than usual and her heart thumped faster.

"Mr. Kim, it's alright. I have nothing to forgive you. You were stressed out", she replied calmly, somehow managing not to sound flustered by his apology. She hurried up with cleaning his wound and put a bandaid over it. "It's done. But you should see a doctor and get your shoulder checked up."

He nodded and started putting on his shirt. "Thank you so much, Miyeon-sshi."

"It's nothing. But please go get that checked up. And have you eaten anything today, Mr. Kim?"

He smiled. The old Miyeon was back. "I haven't eaten anything, but I'm not hungry. I still have some papers to check."

Miyeon shook her head. "Mr. Kim, you have to eat something. It's lunchtime, papers can wait. I'll order something or you. What would you like?"

"I'm not hungry", he repeated, but Miyeon didn't give up. 

"Alright, order whatever you want", he said. Miyeon smiled. She remembered that she had brought a lot of kimchi stew from home and she could share it with him.

Joonmyun put on his tie and started to pick up the books who were scattered on the floor when Miyeon came in carrying her lunchbox.

"Here is the kimchi stew. I didn't order it, it's mine. I already ate, so you can have it", she said, putting the lunchbox on his desk.

He shook his head. "I'm not hungry, I told you." Honestly, the last thing he had in mind was food. He hadn't eaten properly in days, always buying some junk food and eating half of whatever he had bought, throwing away the rest. But seeing Miyeon's eyes practically pleading him to eat something, he couldn't say no and he sighed.

"Alright, I'll eat. But only if you eat with me. I know that I interrupted you in your lunch."

Miyeon's cheeks flushed. She couldn't believe that he was telling her to join her for the meal. She nodded and they both took a seat.

After he took the first bite of the dish, Joonmyun raised his eyebrows. He hadn't tasted a more delicious dish in a long time. He had been to a lot of restaurants, but he had never tasted anything similar. He felt that the food was prepared with love and care.

"This is really delicious, really really delicious. Did you make it, Miyeon-sshi?"

"Yes, I made it", she said shyly.

"You are a great cook", he said, eating more and more of it.

Miyeon heaved a sigh. He was making it really difficult for her to get over him. She was thinking less of him during the past two weeks, but now everything was going back to where it used to be. Kim Joonmyun, how am I supposed  to get over you?