Chapter 13

Live Again

As Sehun told her, more like ordered her, Miyeon was in the restaurant called "Two Moons", waiting for her date to arrive. It was four p.m when she saw a group of men entering the restaurant. She recognised them immediately. Sehun, Jongdae, Jongin and of course, Joonmyun. They waved at her. It turned out that their table was located close to hers. Unexpectedly, Joonmyun approached her.

"Miyeon-sshi, would you like to join us for the lunch? I see that you are alone", he said, looking at her hopefully.

She smiled apologetically. "I am sorry, Joonmyun-sshi, but I am waiting for someone. Maybe some other time."

He nodded, feeling a bit disappointed. He came back to his table. Jongin and Sehun bickered over which dish was the best and the rest of the guys laughed at their funny fight.

 

"Hello, my name is Byun Baekhyun. Pleased to meet you." Miyeon smiled. Sehun didn't disappoint her with his choice of her date. Byun Baekhyun was handsome.

"Kang Miyeon. Nice to meet you, too." 

Baekhyun took a seat. "How old are you, Miyeon-sshi?"

"I'm twenty-seven", she replied. He smiled widely. "Same as me! Then you can call me just "Baekhyun" and I can call you "Miyeon". It's more comfortable that way."

Joonmyun couldn't help but to listen to their conversation. He immediatelly scoffed when he heard Baekhyun speaking.

Miyeon smiled at Baekhyun. He seemed to be quite relaxed, considering that they were on a blind date. "Sure, Baekhyun."

"That's right! Then, what should we order, Miyeon?"

She looked at the menu. "I haven't eaten seafood in a while."

Baekhyun nodded. "Then we'll have seafood", he said and waved the waiter over. "The weather is nice, isn't it? And it's Saturday. Perfect for a date."

Miyeon awkwardly nodded.

 

"Hyung, what's wrong? You are more quiet than usual", Sehun said to Joonmyun.

"It's nothing", he replied, his tone giving him away. He was getting angry.

"It looks like Miyeon-sshi is on a date", Jongdae started. "Who is that guy?"

"I don't know", Jongin said, "but he looks nice."

"She hasn't had a boyfriend for some time, maybe something will  happen with this guy", Sehun jumped in.

"It makes no sense", Joonmyun said. The other guys tried hard not to laugh at his reaction, and they somehow managed to ignore him.

As if it was queued, when Joonmyun turned his head to glance at Miyeon, Baekhyun leaned closer to her. "Miyeon, I have to confess something to you. You are the most beautiful girl I've met on a blind date", he said with a  smile. 

"Thank you", she said shyly. He suddenly pouted. "Don't thank me", he said, still  pouty. "Give me your phone number. We should hang out sometimes."

"This jerk, really..." Joonmyun said under his breath. It took Jongdae all of his strenght not to burst into laughter from Joonmyun's reactions. He had to admit that Sehun did a great job. The guy he had found was great. He was really flirty and touchy. 

"So, Sehun, you were saying, there aren't too many single people in the company", Jongdae said. Sehun nodded, chewing on his chicken. "In fact, only hyung", he pointed on Joonmyun, "on the entire floor is single. I won't count you, Sehun, you are currently chasing after that teacher, but I'm sure you'll get her." Sehun smiled and winked at him.

"There's also Miyeon-sshi, she's also single", Jongin spoke.

Jongdae glanced at her and Baekhyun, the two smiling at each other. "Well, I don't think she'll be single for too long. Look at that guy, I bet he had already fallen for her. To be honest, they look good together."

"They do", Jongin agreed, completely clueless of Jongdae's plan and the things that his agreement did to Joonmyun's nerves.

"They don't", Joonmyun whispered to himself, "they don't."

 

After the lunch, Joonmyun went straight home. That was the only place where he could think in peace. Gripping his head with his hands, he tried to understand the cause of the frustration he felt. What was happening to him? It had been awhile since he had felt something so strong. It was the need to be with her, to look at her, listen to her voice, to have her only for himself. 
He looked up to see the photo of her. He stared at it, but he couldn't feel a single thing. He only saw a piece of paper and a woman's face drawn on it. He looked to the other photo and it was the same. There was no longer pain, guilt, desire, love. There was nothing, just emptiness. And then he realised that the woman he wanted to be with, to look at, to listen to her voice, to have for himself wasn't the one from the photo. She wasn't the one. But Miyeon was.

"Miyeon", he whispered. "Kang Miyeon." He repeated her name multiple times. Miyeon, Miyeon, Miyeon. It was all about her. "Miyeon", he said again, and then the anger kicked in. He saw her with another man that day, with that Byun Baekhyun whom he didn't know, but hated him already. She talked to him, smiled at him, laughed at his stupid jokes. His anger grew bigger. He could never stand seeing her with someone else and could never let that happen. Not now when he was aware that he was in love with her.