Chapter 20

Live Again

"Hyung, I think we should call Sehun to check the reports. The numbers are not matching. Hyung, are you listening to me?" Jongin sighed. Getting the job done with his brother was going terribly. He just kept staring blankly, not focusing on anything. "Hyung!" Jongin had to raise his voice and Joonmyun looked to him.

"What did you say?" he asked and Jongin rolled his eyes.

"Hyung, we need to finish this by the end of the day. And to remind you, I'm not staying overtime because of this, I have to meet up with Hyori."

"Sorry, I spaced out a bit", he mumbled, straightening in his seat.

"A bit? You are doing it all the time. I know that you miss her, but we need to complete this. You can stalk her on SNS as soon as we finish the job", Jongin added with a smirk.

"I wasn't going to stalk her!" he defended. Jongin side-eyed him and continued with his work.

 

Jongin was right. Of course he wanted to stalk her. Joonmyun found her Instagram account, with a little help of Sehun. He scrolled through it, finding photos of her with friends and family. After he saved a few of her photos on his phone, another photo showed up. He frowned upon seeing her smiling to the camera, a guy next to her, his arm draped over her shoulders. In the description of the photo was written: It's been so long, Kibum. Let's go back to high school! :)

He almost threw his phone on the floor. He gave her a week off to see her parents, not to meet up with her ex-classmates who were, by the way, male! He wanted to comment on the photo how the guy was ugly, but he realised that might not be the smartest move. 
You are doing it all wrong, Joonmyun. You are making the same mistake. He realised that he was doing the exact same thing he did with Hyeri. He freaked out because of the smallest things, turned jealous and possessive without a reason. And that was what made her leave. The difference with Miyeon was that she wasn't even his. She wasn't his girlfriend or anything like that, but he kept being jealous and possessive. You can't be like this. Because if you do, she won't like you. You have to make yourself worthy of her. 
_________________________________________________________________________

Back in Daegu, Miyeon had a big problem. Her mother invited some people over for dinner and she had to prepare all the food. She didn't even know who were the people who were coming over, and honestly, she didn't want to know. The only thing she wanted was to have a good rest or maybe see a movie with her brother, Minhyuk.

"Miyeon, my dear, go get changed", her mother said.

"But I'm not done with cooking", she groaned. 

"Don't worry, I'll do it. And wear something nice. They are bringing their son to dine with us", she smiled at her, and Miyeon knew very well what that smile meant. Her mother was at it again. She kept begging her to find a boyfriend and get married, but Miyeon couldn't care less about it. Especially after Joonmyun came into the picture.

"Mom, do I have to do this?" 

"Go and change. And besides, what's wrong with meeting te guy. Maybe you'll like him."

Miyeon rolled her eyes and took off her apron. As soon as she entered her room, she threw herself on the bed. Why is this happening?

 

As soon as Miyeon saw Jung Yunho, she knew what were her parents' intentions. He was a very handsome man and, by the suit he wore, he was very rich too. They didn't just want to introduce her to him. They wanted her to marry him.

Her assumptions turned real when she was left alone with him. She mouthed a threat to Minhyuk, but he only stucked his tongue out and trailed after their parents.

Yunho chuckled. "They are not obvious at all. Leaving us alone like this."

"Yes", she said, chuckling dryly.

"Miyeon-sshi, I'll get straight to the point. I have something to propose to you. My old finance director quit and I would like you to take his place."

She coughed, almost dropping her phone in process. That man had just met her and offered her a job? And not just a regular job, he offered her to be the finance director in his company. Just when she thought that she couldn't get more surprised, he spoke again. "Or you can marry me and become the owner of thirty-five percent of the company."

She stared at him in shock, thinking that he was just joking. But his facial expression told her otherwise. "You are serious? But we have just met", she muttered, still not believing the situation she was in.

He shrugged. "I am thirty-two years old. I have no time to waste on playing anymore. I need to start a family. Besides, my parents talk about you all the time. I feel like I already know you."

"I-I don't know what to say."

"Just promise me that you'll think about it", he looked at her hopefully. "I understand if you don't want to marry me, but at least think about the job. I think it would be a great opportunity for you and a much better job than the one you already have."

She nodded slowly and he smiled at her. "And how did your parents find out about me?"

He chuckled. "I think our mothers are pretty good friends. Your mother probably told my mother about you and she passed it to me."

Miyeon's cheeks reddened. "This is so embarrassing."

 

 

After The Jung's left, Miyeon avoided to talk to anyone. She went straight to her room and locked the door behind her. She kept thinking about Yunho's proposal. She discarded the marriage one right away. She couldn't marry a man she didn't love, even if he was Jung Yunho. But the job proposal was tempting. She could realise her dreams if she accepted the job. But that would mean that she would have to go back home, to Daegu, and leave four years of life in Seoul behind. Her job, her friends and him. Leaving all of that behind would be hurtful for her.

She grabbed her phone and quickly dialed a number. She would ask Kyungsoo for his opinion. He would know what to do.