Chapter 03

Live Again

Miyeon could never understand why women wore high heels. She wore them only when she went to parties, and that was rare since she wasn't exactly a party type. But one day she decided to wear them at work and she regretted it with all her being. Her feet were hurting and she felt pretty much unstable. It also didn't help her that Joonmyun wanted a hundred pages file printed and a cup of coffee on his table and all of that to be done in ten minutes. He obviously wasn't in good mood. She was getting ready to print the file when Sehun approached her.

"Miyeon-sshi, it's really nice to see you", he said, adding his signature smirk. "You look different today."

"Yes, I'm tired and my feet are killing me. Stupid heels!" she hissed.

Sehun chuckled. "You look pretty. And I have nothing against high heels. You should wear them often."

Miyeon smiled. She didn't take Sehun seriously, of course. He always complimented her, he even knew about her crush on Joonmyun. She couldn't deny that Sehun was handsome and very nice, but she didn't like him the way she liked her boss. Sehun was just a friend to her, as she was to him. It was their way of joking to compliment and say lovey-dovey stuff to each other.

"And you look breathtakingly gorgeous in that suit, Sehun-sshi. Now I really have to go and print this file. See you", she hurried into the hall as fast as she could on her heels.

Sehun knocked on Joonmyun's door and hearing him respond, he entered.

"Hot damn!" Sehun exclaimed and Joonmyun gave him a weird look. "I'm talking about Miyeon. Have you seen her in those heels? Her legs are like...perfect."

Joonmyun shrugged. "I don't know, I haven't noticed."

Sehun's mouth dropped. "I can't believe! You didn't check her out? You are not my friend anymore."

"Sehun, I don't have time for checking my employees out. And didn't you say that you liked her? Why would you want me to check her out?"

A smirk automatically appeared on Sehun's lips. "Are you maybe jealous of me?"

"Oh my God no, not again! I'm not jealous. Do whatever you want with her, I don't care!"

"Alright, alright, you're not jealous, there's no need to yell", Sehun sighed. "I just came to tell you that we had to re-schedule the meeting with the Canadians. They are arriving in three days, not tomorrow."

"Alright", Joonmyun replied. "Is that all?"

"Yes, that's all. I'm leaving." Sehun opened the door when he heard Miyeon calling his name from the end of the hall.

"Sehun! Sehun, hold the door please!" She was carring a huge stash of papers in one hand and a cup of coffee in the other. He chuckled at her. "Thanks", she muttered and entered Joonmyun's office.

"You are five minutes late", Joonmyun said sharply and her blood froze from his voice. She put the files and coffee on his desk and took a few steps back.

"I'm really-"

"I don't want to hear excuses!" he cut her off. His voice echoed in the room and it scared her. "Either you do your job right or don't do it at all!"

Tears were threatening to fall from her eyes and she gulped. She looked up at him and the sight frightened her. She had never seen him that angry. There were days when he wasn't in good mood, but it was never like this. He was never that scary. She felt as if she was being suffocated.

"You were five minutes late! Sehun had to come and tell me that the Canadians posponed the meeting. Where were you at that time?!"

It took her all willpower not to start crying. "I-I was printing the file. The printer didn't start working right away and I had to wait", she said quietly.

"You may leave", he said, this time in a much calmer tone.

"I'm really sorry", she managed to mutter and she quickly escape the office. First thing she did was to run to the restroom where she could cry in peace. "Stupid boss, stupid work, stupid me!" she cried. Tears couldn't stop falling and her eyes were puffy and red. After a few moments she calmed down and wiped her tears. "I won't cry because of him", she said to herself and left the restroom.

 

 

"What the hell is going on with him?" Sehun asked Jongin about Joonmyun.

Jongin sighed deeply. "You know the whole story. It's that time of the year", he said and gave him a meaningful look.

Sehun understood everything and nodded. "I wish we could help him somehow."

"You know how much we're trying, both Jongdae and I", Jongin said, running a hand through his hair. "I believe that you're trying, too. But he refuses any help. He keeps holding onto a memory and he doesn't want to let go."

"Maybe we should involve more", Sehun said.

"I'm losing hope, Sehun. I'm afraid that he can't be helped."