Chapter 08

Live Again

Miyeon didn't even think about going to Myeongdong. As she wasn't originally from Seoul, she had never been there before. Instead, she decided to go to a shop two blocks away. The shop sold only male clothes. She saw a lot of different types of shirts, but she decided to buy a simple, white one. The price of the shirt shocked her, because it cost probably more than everything she wore at that moment. But, she had his card so the money wasn't exactly the problem.
Walking back to the company, she couldn't help but to think about Joonmyun's actions. Why would he want another shirt? He obviously had fun with that woman, because she ran out of the office with a messy hair and smudged lipstick. Maybe he didn't want anyone to know. Whatever was the reason, the pain in Miyeon's chest didn't go away. The more she thought about it, the stronger the pain was. That woman, Gayoung, was gorgeous and he was obviously interested in her. Maybe he didn't love her, but at least he looked at her, touched her, he didn't ignore her like he ignored Miyeon.
"I'll get over him, I have to for my own sake", she said to herself.

Joonmyun was impatiently waiting for Miyeon's arrival. He couldn't wait to take off his shirt and throw it away. The material was irritating his skin, and especially that stain she had left on his collar.

He heard a knock on the door and thanked God inwardly. "Come in!" Miyeon came in quickly, handing him the bag and his card.
He couldn't wait any longer and he started taking off his shirt right away. He threw his tie on the desk and ripped his shirt open, causing Miyeon to look away and blush.

"Miyeon-sshi, what did you want to tell me before you spotted the stain on my shirt?", he said while unpacking the new shirt.

"Yes, I wanted to tell you that I have cancelled your dinner with that actress, as you wished. Mr. Oh agreed to go instead of you", she reported. She heard him chuckle.

"You can look up now, Miyeon-sshi, I'm not half anymore", he said. She smiled shyly and looked up to him.

"And to thank you for the raise you gave me, I cooked you some kimchi stew. You said you liked it, so I-"

"That's great! Bring it to me right away, I'm hungry", he chirped. Miyeon hurried up to her desk and took the bowl with the dish.

 

"This is great", he said, stuffing his mouth with kimchi stew. "Join me, Miyeon-sshi." She politely rejected his offer, because food was the last on the list of her priorities. She was still disturbed by everything that happened with Gayoung. It was hard for her to get that out of her head.

"If Miyeon-sshi doesn't want to join, may I?"

Of course it was Sehun, who else would come into Joonmyun's office and bother him. Sehun took a seat and his lips while looking at the dish. "I'm sure that it tastes wonderful. You made this, Miyeon-sshi?"

She nodded. Sehun took a spare spoon that was next to the bowl and took a bite of the meal. "Yummy! Miyeon-sshi, please join us."

"Maybe she would if you didn't take her seat and her spoon", Joonmyun said.

Sehun smirked. "I'll feed her and she can sit on my lap. Problem solved", he winked at her.

"Sehun!" Miyeon snapped at him, while Joonmyun stared at him in shock.

"What? I'm your friend, there's nothing bad in that", Sehun defended himself. He noticed that Joonmyun had stopped eating. 

"Miyeon-sshi, the offer is still here", Sehun patted his lap and smiled cheekily. Miyeon rolled her eyes.

"I have work to do", she said and left.

Joonmyun stared at him in disbelief. "Sehun, stop with that behaviour", he said.

"What behaviour?" Sehun played innocent.

"You made her feel uncomfortable."

"She felt uncomfortable because you were here. We always joke like this", Sehun said and continued eating.

"Do you like her?" Joonmyun asked and Sehun just snickered. But when he saw how serious Joonmyun's face was, he stopped smiling.

"She is a great girl and I like her, but not in the way you think I do. She's like a sister to me", he said. "Even if I liked her, I don't think she would return my feelings."

Joonmyun frowned. "Why do you think so?"

"I just know."

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

"Kyungsoo, stop bothering me, I'm telling you the truth", Miyeon whined.

Kyungsoo, however, wasn't believeing none of her words. "No, you're not. Yesterday you were hopelessly in love with him, and now you're telling me that you're over him."

Miyeon burried her head in her pillow, trying to hide her red face from him.

"Come on, Miyeon. I've known you for fifteen years, you can't hide anything from me", he persisted.

She huffed and lift her head up. "Alright, you won. I still love him."

Kyungsoo nodded his head knowingly. He had been her best friend for already fifteen years. They met during their middle school and remained close since then. He removed a few strands of hair from her face and saw that her eyes were full of tears. Without thinking, he pulled her into a hug.

"Hey, why are you crying? Sorry, I didn't know that this would affect you like this."

She sobbed loudly on his shoulder. "It...hurts, Kyungsoo, it-it hurts so much", she choked on her own words. "I-I'm so stupid. It's my fault that I'm like this."

"You're not, Miyeon, you're just in love. It's not your fault that you fell for him", he soothed her. "Calm down, please."

She broke the hug and shook her head. "I'm sorry that I'm-I'm crying in front of you and-and bothering you with my problems."

Kyungsoo frowned and shook his head. "You're not bothering me. And I want to help you. Just try, I don't know, try to get over him."

"I-I just don't get it, Kyungsoo! I'm so stupid! It's been like this for three years! I just don't know how to get over him!"

"You should have gone to Canada then," he said. "You would be far away from him."

She shook her head. "I couldn't leave my brother alone. I don't think he would be able to pay the rent and support himself."

"I understand. I wish I could help you somehow", he said, giving her a light hug. 

"No one can help me. I know why this is happening. I'm not attractive enough, that's it", she said, her sobs getting louder.

Her words angered Kyungsoo. Where was her self-confidence? She had never been like that before. "You can't think like that of yourself! You are a beautiful woman. Just because one guy is blind and doesn't like you doesn't mean that you are not attractive."

She hugged him tightly and cried. Kyungsoo was always a great support to her.

"For the first time I think that the crazy Hyoyeon is right", he said with a smile.

"Why?" Miyeon looked at him, confused.

"Maybe you should go on a blind date", he said, not believing his own words. Miyeon's eyes widened. Kyungsoo was always against blind dates. He used to say that blind dates were nothing but a lost of time. "Maybe you'll meet someone new." He ran a hand through his hair. "I don't know any other way to help you. Meeting new people may help, I don't know. I can introduce you to some of my coworkers if you like."

Miyeon wiped her tears and smiled. Kyungsoo was really a good friend. She could see that he was trying really hard to help her.

"It's alright, Kyungsoo. I'll be fine. Joonmyun will be forgotten, I promise you." 

 

 

That night Miyeon couldn't sleep. She realised how much her love for Joonmyun had affected her life. She had lost a lot of her self-confidence. He was completely oblivious of her feelings. She had the feeling that everyone in the office knew about her feelings except him. After a whole night spent in thinking, she was determined to get over him. She didn't have the strenght and will to wait for him to notice her. I'll put an end to all of this.