Chapter 19

Live Again

"Hyung, you don't have to be that obvious", Sehun remarked and Joonmyun looked away from Miyeon quickly, clearing his throat a few times. "I mean, she is hot but-", Joonmyun cut him off with a glare. Sehun rose his hands in defeat. "I'm just saying."

"Don't say it then", he hissed. 

Sehun sighed deeply. "Why don't you just confess?"

"It's not that simple."

A groan left Sehun's mouth. "What do you mean? Just ask her out."

"And what if she doesn't feel the same?"

You are stupid, Sehun thought, but didn't say it out loud. "And what if she does? Who knows, maybe she really likes you."

"You don't get it, Sehun. I know myself and sooner or later I would do something to hurt her, or something from my past would hurt her. I don't want her to get hurt because me. I could never forgive that to myself."

"You have changed, hyung. And she is a good girl, she would understand you."

Joonmyun glanced at her one more time before turning to Sehun. "I'm afraid I don't deserve her."

"But you want her, don't you?"

"More than anything, Sehun."

"If that's true, than you have to hurry up. A lot of guys want her." Joonmyun nodded. "Luhan, Baekhyun, even Changmin. Not to mention that she has a male best friend, Kyungsoo."

"You can stop now."

Sehun smirked, knowing that his friend was finally losing his patience. "Alright. But I think you should act fast. I mean, she won't stay single for too long, there are-"

"Sehun, would you please get out of my office?" Joonmyun said, irritation obvious in his voice. Sehun smirked and left the office. "You are doing a great job, Sehun, a great job", he whispered to himself.


"Miyeon, I have an emergency!" he shouted, startling her and almost causing her to drop her things.

She ran to him worriedly. "Sehun, what's going on?"

"You need to go to the floor below and bring me a file from Luhan", he said in one breath, giving her a post-it note with the file's information. She nodded quickly and ran off to the stairs.

"Where is Miyeon?" 

This couldn't get any better, Sehun smirked and turned to look at a frowning Joonmyun. He shrugged. "She's at the floor below. Luhan called her", he said calmly.

"Luhan?" Joonmyun scowled. Without waiting any longer, he rushed to the stairs. He ran down the stairs quickly. Soon he was in the hall and at the far end he could see Miyeon and Luhan talking, the guy handing her a file. He clenched his jaw when Luhan's fingers slightly brushed her hand. It was a small touch, but he caught it and he felt as if he was about to explode. As if his anger wasn't big enough, he heard two guys talking about her.

"Is that Miyeon talking to Luhan?" one of them said and the other nodded, craning his head to take a better look at her.

"Damn, she is fine!"

"Yeah. I envy President Kim. He gets to see that eye-candy every day", the guy said, not tearing his eyes awys from her.

Great! Two more people to fire besides Luhan, he thought and strolled past them. They got up abruptly and bowed. He didn't acknowledge them. Approaching Miyeon and Luhan, he tried his best to put a smile on his face or at least not to frown that much, but he failed. Miyeon saw him before he got to them.

"President Kim", Luhan bowed and smiled at him. He only nodded curtly. "I am sorry I stole your secretary for a while, but we had something important to do", he said and the frown on Joonmyun's face was only growing bigger. He subtly glared at the guy and then turned to look at Miyeon.

"I think we should go to my office", he said. Miyeon nodded, suddenly feeling scared. He was exactly the same like that day when he yelled at her. She wondered what could she do wrong.

 

"Joonmyun, is everything alright?" she asked carefully, afraid that she would say something wrong.

"Why did you go to Luhan?"

"I had to take a file for Sehun", she explained calmly. He furiously tapped the floor with his foot, anger and jealousy creeping up again.

"He could have sent his secretary to do it. You only accept orders from me, no one else."

Her heart rate sped up from his words.  "I'm sorry, but he was in an emergency, he needed the papers urgently."

"And I needed you! I mean, I needed you help", he said looking away from her.

"It won't happen again", she said.

Seeing her sad face, his anger subsided and he felt guilty for making her feel bad. "I am sorry, Miyeon, I overreacted. I'm just...nevermind."

"I have something to ask you." He nodded. "Well, my parents really want to see me so I was wondering if you could give me this week a day off, maybe Friday, so I can spend some more time with them. I'll be back at work in Monday", she said, praying inwardly that he would say yes.

"You can go today if you like."

Her eyes bulged out in surprise. "But today is Tuesday."

"So what? Take a whole week off. I know how much you miss your parents."

She smiled widely. "Really? But how are you going to manage without a secretary?"

He shrugged. "I have my ways." Her smile grew even wider and he was instantly melted by it. 

"Thank you so much", she said, wanting nothing else but to hug him. But she didn't want to do it at work. "I'll be travelling tonight then. Thank you once again."

"There's nothing to thank me for." She left his office with a huge smile on his face and he couldn't stop thinking about the days that would follow. Finding someone to do the job instead of her wouldn't be hard, he didn't worry about that. The only thing he worried about was the fact that she would be away from him. I am going to miss you, Miyeon.