Chapter 07

Live Again

Joonmyun had never been more nervous before coming to work than that day. He didn't exactly know why he was feeling like that. He tried to ignore the feeling, but it didn't go away. Standing in the elevator, he stared at his reflection in the door. He looked disturbed, tired, exhausted, ugly. Yes, ugly. You are ugly, Joonmyun, that's the right word. Ugly, he thought. The elevator stopped and the door opened. He stepped out, his every step careful. He didn't know why, but he feared something. But nothing had changed. Miyeon greeted him with the same warm smile like before. He smiled back at her, the fear he had was gone.

"Good morning, Mr. Kim", she said and stood up to bow slightly.

"Good morning", he said and smiled. "Miyeon-sshi, come to my office."

She nodded and entered after him. He took off his jacket and settled himself in his chair. "Sit down, please", he told her and she obeyed.

"Miyeon-sshi, I have to tell you something. I talked to the company's board and they all agreed that we should give you a raise."

Miyeon blinked rapidly. She hadn't expected that at all. She wanted to say something, but remained closed.

"Here, take this", he handed her a paper. "Read it. I hope that is not too small of a raise."

"Too small of a raise?!" she spoke in shock. Her salary was doubled. "Mr. Kim, this is...I don't know what to say. Thank you so much. I don't know what could I possibly do to deserve this."

"You are one of the best workers we have here. You deserve it, don't be so humble", he spoke. "You are not going to leave for Canada, right?" he said. "Kris told me that he offered you to go."

She looked up to look at him. His face was calm and stoic and it didn't match the tone of his voice when he said the last words. He said it almost hopefully. 

"I am not", she muttered. "I'm staying here."

Joonmyun smiled. The smile came out alone, unexpectedly. Even he was surprised by his own reaction at her words. He couldn't describe the thing he felt when she told him she was going to stay. It was somehow relieving.

"Thank you once again, Mr.Kim", she said after a long pause. "I will not disappoint you."
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

"Hello! Are you Kang Miyeon?"

Miyeon looked up from her phone and saw an elegantly dressed woman. She wore a long thin coat that reached almost to her high heels. Miyeon cleared .

"Yes, I am. How can I help you?"

The woman chuckled. "People at the reception told me that you are Joonmyun's secretary. Is that true?"

"Yes, I'm Mr.Kim's secretary."

She flashed a smile. "Then call him and tell him that I want to see him. Is he here?"

Miyeon nodded and took the phone to call Joonmyun. "May I know your name, please?"

"Song Gayoung", she said.

"Mr.Kim, Miss Song Gayoung is here and she wants to see you", Miyeon reported to him over the phone. She heard him sigh first and then he responded.

"Mr.Kim says that you may come in", Miyeon said, to what Hyoyeon smiled.

"Thank you, Miyeon-sshi."

 

"What do you want?" Joonmyun said as soon as she stepped into his office. Gayoung took a seat and left her purse aside. She looked to his eyes and saw that he was furious.

"I think I made myself clear with my wishes. I told you many times that I want you", she said calmly and Joonmyun scoffed.

"Gayoung, listen to me. I don't want to have anything with you, I never wanted", he said, trying to stay calm. He didn't expect her to come to his workplace. She did call him often and he managed to ignore her calls, but now she went overboard.

She seemed to be unfased by his words. "I told you before, Joonmyun. I don't need your love, your feelings", she said while getting up and approaching him. "I just want us to have fun, that's all", she said and started unbottoning her coat. She stood in front of him and dropped her coat to the floor. Red lacy underwear was the only thing she wore underneath the coat. His eyes widened and he immediately clenched his jaw.

"Get out!" he hissed, but she didn't even flinch. Instead, she wrapped her arms around his neck.

"But I miss your touch, Joonmyun", she whispered in his ear. He was calm for a few moments, but then he suddenly grabbed the back of her head.

"You did? How much did you miss me?" he whispered huskily and wrapped his other arm around her waist, pulling her closer to him.

A victory smile appeared on Gayoung's face and she kissed his neck, only to be pulled by her hair rather roughly. "You're being rough today", she said teasingly, looking into his eyes.

"And you are being a bad girl." He grabbed her by the hips and pushed her against his desk. She wanted to sit on the desk, but he held her tightly, not allowing her to move."Now what should I do with you?" he said, eyeing her body. She shivered in anticipation. She didn't expect him to give in so easily, but she didn't complain.

"The bra needs to go away", he said in a demanding tone and when she was about to take it off, he grabbed her hands. "I will do it."

He took his time in taking her bra off and she was already getting nervous. The bra was soon on the floor, together with her coat.

"This also needs to go away", he pointed to her and his lips. Gayoung was already getting impatient, but she knew that it was better not to mess with him right now. "Spread your legs a bit", he ordered and she did as she was said. A light chuckle escaped his mouth. He bit his lips and rested his hands on her waist. Slowly he slid them down to her , then continued to slid his hands down to her thighs, together with her . He stopped at her knees, leaving the there. "Don't drop them to the floor", he growled. She nodded, anticipating his next move. He sure knew how to get her excited.

"Gayoung", he said breathly, "I want you to say hello to someone." A frown appeared on her face when he took a few steps back from her. He pointed to a shelf and smiled. It didn't take her too much time to realise what he meant with that. The moment she realised, she turned pale. A camera.

"I'm sure that the guys from the security have nothing against the view right now", he said while smirking. She quickly put on her underwear and her coat, trying hard not to burst into tears.

"I told you, Gayoung. I don't want you near me. We hooked up twice and I was drunk every time. I hope you learned your lesson."

She glared at him and he returned the glare. "Now get out before I call the security." She stormed out of the office, leaving the door opened. Just when he was about to close the door, Miyeon showed up. He let her in and closed the door.

"Mr.Kim, I have..." She paused when she spotted something on his collar. It was a red stain, the same shade of red that was the colour of Gayoung's lipstick. She couldn't ignore the pain she felt in her heart. She was aware of the fact that Joonmyun was a free man, that he had no feelings for her and he had every right to be with any woman he wanted, but why did it hurt her so much?

"Is there something wrong, Miyeon-sshi?" he asked worriedly, because she had been staring somewhere and was completely quiet.

"You have a stain on your collar, Mr. Kim", she uttered. He turned to look in the mirror and immediately clenched his jaw. That ! He made a few quick steps to his desk and took his wallet.

"Miyeon-sshi", he said, handing her his card. "Take this and buy me a new shirt. There is a shop near here, or take a taxi to Myeongdong. Just buy any kind of shirt."

She took the card and nodded. "I'll be back soon, Mr.Kim."