Chapter 15

Live Again

The weather was perfect for the beach. Hyoyeon literally ran out of the hotel, while Miyeon, Kyungsoo and Woobin could barely follow after her. They managed to find a nice spot at the beach, where there weren't so many people around them. 

"Are you going swimming?" Miyeon nudged Kyungsoo, who lay comfortably in his beach chair. 

"No, I'll go later. I'll enjoy my precious time in Hyoyeon's absence", he said and Miyeon smacked him on the shoulder.

"Why are you always so mean when you talk about her? Do you maybe like her?" she said, wiggling her eyebrows. Kyungsoo gave her his famous glare, but she only grinned harder. "I knew you had a thing for her."

"Stop it!" he said, trying hard not to break into a smile. Miyeon winked at him and ran into the water.

 

It was cold at first, but the more time she spent in the water the warmer it got. Soon, she was completely relaxed, swimming through the water slowly. It was a great feeling until she felt a pain in her right leg. It was a pretty strong cramp. She groaned in pain, trying to keep her balance, but it was useles. The water started to enter , ears and eyes. She waved her arms frantically in hope to get the attention of the guards. Seconds turned into ages and she felt like she was losing strenght. Before she lost conciousness, she felt a strong arm around her waist.

 

Kyungsoo laid her on the hot sand and bent down to give -to-mouth resuscitation. Hyoyeon ran to them and the sight of Miyeon frightened her. She wasn't moving, not even a single bit. "Hyoyeon, find Woobin and tell him to get my car from the hotel", he said. Hyoyeon nodded and rushed to find him. He spread her lips once more and blew more air into her lungs. She coughed a bit and he turned her to the side so she could spit out the water. She coughed all the water out. With shaky arms, she held onto Kyungsoo and cried. 

"I thought I was going to die", she said between sobs. Kyungsoo rubbed her back gently, calming her down.

"I'm taking you to the hospital, don't worry", he said and picked her up bridal style and carried her through the crowd. They were soon out of the beach, on the road, where Woobin was waiting for them in Kyungsoo's car.

"Miyeon-sshi?" they heard a voice behind them and Miyeon turned her head to see Joonmyun staring at her with lips firmly pressed, a deep frown on his face.
He was walking with Minseok and Changmin and the first thing he saw when they came to the main road was Miyeon in the arms of Kyungsoo. Anger crept up again and he had the desire to punch Kyungsoo right in the face with all his might.

"Joonmyun-sshi", she whispered and he knew that something was wrong. He ran to her and his anger completely vanished when he saw her upclose. She looked frightened, her eyes red from the tears. All he managed to do was to stare at her in shock.

"She almost drowned", Kyungsoo said, "I'm taking her to the hospital."

His eyes went to Kyungsoo. "I'm going with you. I know where the hospital is", he said. Kyungsoo frowned, wondering why would he want to go with them. But seeing how worried he was, he nodded.

"You can sit in the front and instruct Woobin where to go." Joonmyun jumped in the car, forgetting about Changmin and Minseok who were standing outside. Kyungsoo helped Miyeon to get in the car. He took a huge towel and covered her. She continued holding onto him, still shocked from the previous accident. She was aware of Joonmyun's presence, but she didn't have the strenght to think why he was there.
_______________________________________________________________________

The doctor said that everything was alright with her body. The only thing that she still hadn't recovered was the shock. He advised to Kyungsoo and Joonmyun that she shouldn't be left alone. The doctor left the room.

"I'm sorry that I ruined our vacation", she said weakly to Kyungsoo. He shook his head, smiling at her. "Don't say that. We have just arrived. It's going to be a great vacation, I promise."

Joonmyun just stared at her. The thought that she could have drowned, the thought that he could have lost her before he even had her terrified him. She looked to him and he snapped out of his thoughts.

"Joonmyun-sshi, you are here. You didn't have to, I'm alright", she said, smiling weakly.

He looked to Kyungsoo. "I want to talk to Miyeon-sshi in private", he said, looking pleadingly at him. Kyungsoo nodded and gave Miyeon's hand a light squeeze before leaving the room. Joonmyun approached her bed and sat on the chair next to it. "Miyeon-sshi, I...I was so scared when I saw you. I thought something worse happened."

She couldn't understand the concern in his voice, she couldn't understand why he was present at that moment, but the thing she could never grasp was why all of a sudden he took her hand and held it firmly in his. "Joonmyun-sshi, thank you for your concern", she said, eyeing his hand who was still wrapped around hers. He obviously had no intention to let it go. "You left your friends behind because of me. What are they going to do now?" she said with a smile and he chuckled. 

"They are going to be fine, I'm sure. But I didn't leave them for no reason. I came to help another friend."

Friend? I am a friend?  Miyeon blinked a few times, his words hitting her harder than she expected. He probably noticed her odd reaction and he panicked inwardly. "I mean, we are friends, right?" he asked, his panic now showing. She nodded. "Yes, friends."

He smiled widely at her. The only thing he wanted to do at that moment was to hug her and confess his love, but it wasn't the time and place for that. "Miyeon-sshi, you should visit me at my place when you get better", he said, but after realising that his words might have sounded weird he added, "With your friends, course."

"Sure. We'll come as soon as I get better."