Bonus Chapter:The Past

Live Again

The streets of Seoul were buzzing with people and cars. People were rushing somewhere, probably to work, because it was Monday morning.

Miyeon took a taxi, because Seoul was still foreign to her. Prior to leaving, Kyungsoo gave her some encouraging words. He even gave her the money for the taxi ride, because she didn't have enough.

She came to Seoul two months ago in search for a job. Kyungsoo, her best friend, offered her a place to stay, telling her that she was free to stay as long as she had to. He had come to the capital a year earlier, because he found a job as a chef.

Her search for the job was so far unsuccessful. Most of the companies already had financial advisors or didn't hire people who weren't from Seoul. The only job left was a position of  a secretary in an oil import company. It wasn't what she had studied for, but it wasn't bad either. That would be the last one, she said to herself. The last job interview in Seoul. If she didn't succeed, she would go back to Daegu.

 

The vehicle stopped in front of a grandious building and she gaped. Was that her potential working place? If it was, it sure looked more that luxurious.

Remembering Kyungsoo's words, she stepped into the building with a smile on her face. The elevator ride was long as many people were using it. She reached the last floor and with a trembling heart went out of the elevator.

There were only three offices on the floor. They all seemed to be quite big. One of the doors opened and a young man stepped out. To Miyeon, he looked too young, almost like a boy, but a very handsome one.

"You are here for the job, right?" he said, smiling brightly at her.

She cleared . "Yes, I am here to see Mr. Kim Joonmyun." 

The young man smiled. Was he Mr. Kim? she thought. It seemed unreal to her. He looked way too young to be a CEO.

"You will talk to me first. Follow me to my office."

She trailed after him, albeit confused. Why couldn't she see Mr. Kim right away? Maybe he was busy with something? Or it was some kind of procedure in the company?

"Sit down, please."

She sat down on one of the chairs and looked to him.

"You name is Kang Miyeon, right?" She nodded. He searched through his files before taking one and opened it.

The young man smiled at her. "My name is Oh Sehun. I am the main financial advisor here. Nice to meet you."

She bowed in her seat. "Nice to meet you, too."

He smiled again. "I went through your CV, Miyeon-sshi. You are overqualified for this job. Have you tried looking for something that has to do with your profession?"

"Yes, I have. But none of the companies were willing to accept someone who wasn't from Seoul."

He nodded. "I see. You know, as far as I'm concerned, you could start working today. But it's a shame for you to work as a secretary. I believe that you are capable of something bigger."

"Thank you, Mr. Oh. But if I get a chance to work here, I will work hard."

He seemed to be in thought. "Wait for me here, Miyeon-sshi. I am going to have a little chat with my boss."

She nodded. "No problem, Mr. Oh."

He chuckled. "There's no need to call me Mr. Oh. Call me Sehun. You are older than me, it's weird to hear you calling me like that."

Miyeon looked at him in shock. Then how old was he? "How old are you then, Sehun-sshi?"

"I'm two years younger than you. I'm 22."

She blinked a few times. Was she imagining things? How could he achieve so much at such early age?

"I'm sure you're wondering how I managed to do it. I have to admit that my father helped me a lot. And of course Joonmyun hyung, he hired me after all."

"It is still impressive", she said. 

He smiled at her before getting up. "Wait for me here. I'll be back soon."

She was left alone in his office, waiting for Sehun to arrive and tell her what would her fate be.

Sehun was indeed back in a few minutes. He told her to follow him and she obeyed.

"Hyung will receive you now", he said. "Good luck."

She smiled at him and opened the door to her hopefully new boss' office. What she saw at that moment was going to remain in her head forever.

A man sitting at his desk, his hair dark, eyebrows furrowed and shoulders tensed. He was more than handsome. She couldn't ignore the fluttering of her heart upon seeing him. She gulped and shook off all kinds of thoughts that started forming in her head. She scolded herself mentally for swooning over him like a school girl. He was attractive, but that was just one small thing she knew about him. He could be a devil of a boss.

"Good afternoon, Mr. Kim."

He looked up and gave her a weak smile. "Good afternoon. Please, have  a seat." He shuffled through some papers before speaking. "Sehun was right about you, Miss Kang. You are overqualified." The sharp tone of his voice came as a surprise to her. It was strictly professional. "He told me that he interviewed you already. I'll trust his judgement. You can start working tomorrow."

She sighed in relief and smiled widely. "Thank you, Mr. Kim. I will work hard."

He just nodded curtly. "Come an hour earlier tomorrow. Someone will explain you duties. And also, there is something else you need to know. I often work overtime and sometimes I might ask you to stay too. Is that alright with you?"

"Of course, Mr. Kim."

"You will be paid for that, of course. Also, your paycheck will not be as it is written in the advertisement."

She frowned. What was going on?

"It will be slightly higher."

"Thank you, Mr. Kim", she bowed. That was something she didn't expect. Mr. Kim was not only handsome, but apparently generous.

"Sehun suggested that, because of your outstanding qualifications. He is the one you should thank, Miss Kang."

She smiled again, looking at her new boss. No matter how much she tried to calm her heart and her thoughts, it didn't work.

 

After saying goodbyes with him and leaving the building, she started running. She didn't know where she was heading, it didn't matter. She was too happy to care about that. She made a mental note to properly thank Sehun. Her smile was brighter and wider than usual. She had to call Kyungsoo and tell him the happy news.
Thinking back about that moment in Mr. Kim's office brought a new feeling to her. She was attracted to that man, she was sure, and she knew that she would have to end it because it was bound to be dangerous for her heart. More than dangerous. 

______________________________________________________________________________________

"Why did you do this to me?" Joonmyun's voice was heavy and rough. "Why?! Answer me!" he yelled, but the only response he got was silence.

The photo that he was talking to stood lonely on his nightstand. His face was stained with tears as he took a sip of liquor from the bottle. He glanced at the other side of the bed he was kneeling on, the sheets messed, still warm from some woman's body. He saw that she left her underwear. She couldn't wear it anymore, it was torn in pieces by him.

He looked back to the photo. There were a lot of things he couldn't understand. Every woman wanted him. They loved his handsome face, his body, they loved it how rough he could get with them. They enjoyed his kisses, touches, everything. Then why didn't she want him anymore?

That woman from the photo, she used to love him. But now she didn't seem to love him anymore. She left him.

He gritted his teeth and threw the bottle, and it smashed against the wall, the liquid flowing and staining the wall.

"Why, Hyeri? Why?"