Chapter 24

Live Again

It took about two weeks for the guys to stop teasing the new couple. Sehun never missed the opportunity to make Joonmyun jealous by saying something cheesy to Miyeon of hugging her in front of him. 

Miyeon cancelled the job in Yunho's company, but promised to help him for a month, until he found someone else. Of course, Joonmyun was more than displeased when she told him that one day at the office.

"He doesn't need your help", he grumbled. 

"I let him down, it's fair that I help him now. Besides, I won't go to Daegu. I'll send him my work over e-mail."

His expression softened a bit when she said that. "But still", he said, hugging her waist, "I don't like that guy. At all."

She sighed. "Are there any guys around me that you like?"

He paused a bit to think before answering. "Kyungsoo. He is a nice guy."

"You are saying that because he has a girlfriend", she eyed him and he smirked.

"I want to kiss you." He gripped her hips firmly, and before she knew, she was sitting on his desk. He smirked at her flustered state and sealed her lips with his. When he felt that she was becoming breathless, he pulled away and attached his lips to her jawline, not leaving a single bit unkissed.

"Joonmyun, I think we should get to work", she muttered, aware that they were in the office and had a lot of work to do.

"I absolutely agree with you, baby", he murmured, his lips leaving soft kisses on her neck and hands caressing her thighs.

"Not that kind of work." She pushed him away slightly and he smirked. "We have real work to do. Papers, Joonmyun, papers", she said.
He hugged her again and pressed another kiss on her lips, and this time he nibbled on her lower lip. "This is real work too", he whispered. She grinned, wrapping her arms around his neck.

The door of his office opened and Jongdae broke in, all smiley and happy. Joonmyun welcomed him with a glare, while Miyeon was hiding her blushing face behind him. "I am really sorry for interrupting you two", he said, smirking at his brother. "I'll leave you alone. And don't forget to use protection", he added jokingly and left.

"My brothers really know how to ruin everything."

The door opened once again and Jongdae's head peeked from the outside. "Forget about protection, I want to become an uncle soon."

"Jongdae, get the hell out!" he hissed at him and he left, a cheeky grin on his face.

Miyeon was still blushing and he couldn't resist the urge to kiss her cheeks. "How many children would you like to have?" he asked all of a sudden.

"One or two", she replied and he stared at her in shock.

"Only one or two?! I want at least three. I must change you opinion."

She sighed. "Don't you think that it's too early to talk about kids? We have just started dating."

He frowned, hugging her closer to him. "Miyeon, I have a confession to make. Actually, it's not a confession, it's something that has been on my mind for quite some time."

"I'm listening", she murmured in his ear, closing her eyes and feeling the warmth of his embrace and his steady heartbeat.

"Ever since I fell in love with you, I started thinking about my future and I could only picture it with you. That's why I don't want to spend a single moment of my life without you." Her eyes shot opened. Was he going to propose? If he was, then he was absolutely crazy, she thought. Even though she wanted to be with him, she didn't want to  rush things. "If you think that I'm proposing to you, you are wrong", he chuckled. "Proposal will have to wait for now. But I want to ask you something else. Do you...want to live with me?"

She craned her neck to look up at him. He was nervous, she could see that in his eyes. "I mean, if you want to. It is going to be easier for us. We won't get lonely." He eyed her to see her reaction and as each moment passed, he was becoming more and more discouraged.

But as soon as she smiled, he heaved a sigh of relief. "I would love to", she said and pecked his lips.

"Great! You can decorate the apartment as you wish, we can buy new furniture if you like", he babbled excitedly.

She shook her head. "There's no need for that. And now I think that we should really get to work. Papers are waiting for us."

He pouted. "But I don't want to."

"You are a CEO and you better start acting like one", she scolded him playfully. "What happened to you? You weren't lazy like this before."

"I can't work because you're here, you distract me."

She smirked at his words. "Should I leave then?"

"No!" he said, and it almost came out as a shout. "Stay here. We'll get to work", he said grumpily. "But you have to promise me that you'll think about the number of kids you want to have. We can't have just one or two."

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Six months later

It was one of those banquets that Joonmyun despised, but had to attend. He hated being surrounded by people he barely knew, but those kinds of parties were good for business and he accepted that. This time, however he had Miyeon by his side, but he wasn't feeling any better. She was gorgeous and he was aware of it and everyone else in the room was aware of it, which he considered to be a problem. Appreciative glances and stares she received during the evening irked him immensely. Why couldn't people just mind their own business and not stare at his girlfriend?

"Joonmyun, are you alright? You seem a bit tense", she whispered to him and he only shook his head in response. But of course, she knew better.

"I don't care that they are staring and you shouldn't, too. Relax." She took his hand and interlocked their fingers. She knew the reason of his bad mood. His protectiveness was something she got used to, but she wanted to prove him and convince him that he had no reason to worry. "I know that this will probably sound cheesy, but I only see you, Joonmyun. I don't care about other men."

"I know", he groaned. "But that's just me. I'm so stupid and insecure and...how do you even cope with me?"

"Don't talk like that about yourself", she scolded him with a frown on her face. In the corner of her eye she saw one of his business partners approaching them and she quickly muttered Joonmyun to smile.

The man smiled at the couple. "It is always nice seeing you, Joonmyun-sshi. And you too, Miyeon-sshi." He glanced quickly at her figure, but not fast enough to escape Joonmyun's eagle eye. Man's smile faded a bit when he noticed their interlocked fingers. "Are you two in a relationship?" he asked carefully.

"Yes, Miyeon is my girlfriend", Joonmyun stated proudly and brought her closer to himself.

"My congratulations", he said.

They continued chatting about business and Miyeon couldn't be more proud of her boyfriend. She could see that he was slowly getting relaxed, his protectiveness and bad mood toning down. 

Loving him and being with him wasn't easy. Fighting his insecurities and her own wasn't an easy task, but she was determined not to give up. She had waited for her chance for so long and she wasn't going to let it slide just like that. She noticed how both of them started to change in a good way. It was as if they were becoming better people as each day passed by and that was the only thing that mattered.