Chapter 22

Live Again

Jongin was pacing around in his office and losing his mind. Joonmyun was nowhere to be found. The last person who had heard anything of him was Miyeon. He had texted her to go home, take a day off. His schedule was empty, which meant that he had no work. Jongdae also had no idea where he could be.

"Where the hell is he?!" As soon as he said that, his phone rang.

"Mr. Kim, you have an urgent phonecall", his secretary told him. "Someone named Jung Hoseok."

Jongin frowned, but told her to pass him the call. "Hey, Hoseok."

"Jongin, I'm sure you're wondering why I'm calling. It's about Joonmyun hyung."

"What happened?!" Jongin raised his voice.

"He is here, at the bar. He got drunk."

"Why did you let him drink?" Jongin said, running a hand through his hair.

"It wasn't my shift. The new guy didn't know him and just served him as every customer. I stopped giving him so much drinks, but he keeps asking for more. I think you should come."

"I'll be there in a few minutes. Thank you."

 

Never in his life had Jongin seen his brother more miserable. Shirt stained with alcohol, tie hanging loosely around his neck, shoulders hunched. But the worst thing were the tears in his eyes, the pain on his face when he looked at him. He put a hand on his shoulder, but he didn't flinch.

"Hyung, what is going on?" he said quietly.

"Nothing. My life is ruined, that's it. Nothing else." It was strange to Jongin how he didn't stutter and he wasn't slurring. Maybe he wasn't too drunk.

"Come on, hyung, let's go home."

"I'm not going anywhere", he said sternly and Jongin shook his head.

"Hyung, what happened?"

"Miyeon is leaving! She's leaving for good!" he shouted, startling Hoseok at the bar and a few guests. "She quit this morning! She's moving to Daegu!" He grabbed his glass and smashed it against the floor. Pieces of glass were scattered on the floor and Jongin hissed. He grabbed his forearm and dragged him out of his seat.

"Hyung, don't make a scene. Let's go home."

"I don't care! She's leaving, Jongin! Miyeon is leaving! And that guy will take her away! He wants to marry her!" he shouted, his hands shaking, tears running down his cheeks. "What am I going to do, Jongin?! What?! Tell me!"

Heaving a sigh, Jongin hugged him. "Let's go home, hyung. Please." He kept sobbing and mumbling something. "It's going to be alright."

 

 

Jongin made him shower and change his clothes. He put him to bed and decided to call Jongdae. A loud shriek startled him. It was coming from Joonmyun's room. He ran quickly to his room only to find it in complete mess. Pillows and blankets were on the floor, together with the nightstand. His phone was smashed into pieces. 

"Hyung, please calm down. I beg you."

"Miyeon", he whispered. "I want Miyeon." 

Jongin picked up the pillows and the blankets from the floor and made the bed. Joonmyun was just standing in the middle of the room and muttering her name. 

Instead of Jongdae, Jongin decided to call someone else.

 

 

"Miyeon-sshi, do you have time to come here?"

She frowned, wondering why would Jongin want to see her. "What happened?"

She heard him sigh. "Joonmyun hyung...He's not alright. He keeps calling your name, he's a mess. Please come here."

"Where are you?" she asked worriedly.

"At his place. Do you know the address?"

"I'll be there soon." As soon as she hung up, she grabbed her purse and ran out of her apartment.

_______________________________________________________________________________________-

Jongin showed her the way to Joonmyun's bedroom. "Miyeon-sshi, I'm sorry that I called you at this time, but I don't know what to do with him."

Miyeon shook her head. "It's alright. I don't know how I can help him, but I'll try."

"Believe me, you're the only one who can help him."

Confused, she grabbed the door knob and opened the door. The sight of him was heartbreaking. He was sitting on the bed, staring blankly at the floor. Jongin closed the door behind her. Joonmyun didn't even look up, thinking that Jongin was in.

"Joonmyun", she muttered and his head snapped up. He smiled weakly at her.

"You are here, Miyeon. Jongin called you, right?" he said in a weak voice.

She was more than confused. What had happened to him? He looked as if someone the life out of him. Her heart crumbled when he got up and she saw his face up close. He had been crying.

"What happened to you?" 

He shrugged. "I-I don't know. I think I lost my mind, Miyeon."

"Why? What happened? Tell me."

"That won't change a thing."

She shook her head. "Joonmyun, it's going to be easier for you if you tell someone."

"I can't tell that to you. " He looked to the floor again, trying to hide his tears from her.

Miyeon sighed. "Then what am I doing here? Jongin called me because you kept saying my name and now that I'm here, you don't want to talk", she groaned in frustration. She suddenly felt embarrassed for coming there. It felt as if she tried to meddle in something that had nothing to do with her. She straightened herself and cleared . "I hope you will get better. I am leaving now."

He looked up at her and she saw his crying face. She panicked inwardly, wondering if she said something wrong. Their eyes met and she felt her heartbeat speeding up.

"Miyeon, I-I love you."