Chapter 23

Live Again

Miyeon opened to say something, but no sound came out. Their eyes were still locked. 

"I don't know when it started", he continued. "I just realised one day that I was in love with you. It was on that day when you were on a blind date with that Baekhyun guy. I was really jealous. I love you, Miyeon, I really do."

She was just standing there, completely frozen and in disbelief, thinking that all of that was just a dream. Because only in her dreams her boss could love her back.

"You are my hope. A hope to live and love again. And if you leave, I will lose that hope." Looking at her shocked face, Joonmyun immediately thought of the worst. She was going to reject him, he was sure.  And he knew that he wouldn't be able to live with her rejection for the rest of his life. "I know that to you I'm just a friend, or maybe just a boss, but to me you are more than that. And if you go, I'll..." he couldn't finish the sentence.

"I have a reason for leaving", she managed to say.

"It's that guy from the bar, right? He gave you the job and he wants to marry you", he said, his own words stinging him. "I won't beg you to stay, Miyeon. If you want a new job and a husband, I have no right to stop you. I will be suffering, but I can't be that selfish and hold you down. Forget about my words and live happily. That's the only thing I'm asking you to do."

She shook her head and gulped. It was finally time for her to say those words. "I won't forget your words. Because I love you too." It was now his turn to stare at her in shock. "Ever since I first saw you, Joonmyun. Since that day you hired me. I love you."

He didn't wait a second before hugging her. It was a bone-crushing hug, filled with so much love. He held her tightly, bringin her closer to himself until there was no space left between the two bodies. "I love you so much, Miyeon", he whispered.

"I love you too", she said and felt her cheeks getting soaked with tears. At that moment she thought she couldn't get any happier.

"You won't leave, right?"

She chuckled. "I won't, don't worry." He cupped her face and wiped her tears away. "I don't want to see the tears on your face ever again." He leaned to kiss her, but a knock on the door interrupted him. He groaned when Jongin came in.

"I'm sorry if I interrupted something. I see that you worked things out", he smiled. "I am leaving, hyung, Miyeon-sshi." As soon as he closed the door, he jumped up from happiness and grabbed his phone. He had to phone Sehun and Jongdae. 

"Jongin really knows how to ruin the moment", he grumbled and Miyeon could only laugh. "Why are you laughing?"

"Because you're funny", she giggled. He frowned and pulled her closer to himself, securing his arms tightly around her waist. 

"Now tell me, where did that man kiss you? I saw you two at the bar today."

She looked into his eyes and saw that he was dead serious and probably angry. "You saw us? I didn't know you were there", she said, wondering how she didn't see him.

"Where did he kiss you?" he repeated firmly this time, and she pointed at her left cheek. He brought his lips to her cheek and kissed it multiple times before going to the other cheek, repeating his actions. He smiled before reaching to her lips, capturing them in a passionate kiss. His lips were softer than she imagined them to be and they moved in ways that made her dizzy.

Joonmyun didn't want to stop. He wanted to continue kissing her until their lips hurt, until they would get tired and breathless. He wanted to kiss every inch of her body, but at the same time he didn't want to rush her, so he pulled away. She gasped for air and he couldn't resist to press another kiss on her lips. "Only for me to kiss", he breathed out. "Only for me. No one else."

___________________________________________________________________________________________

They spent the rest of the night laying in his bed, cuddling and talking. He kept apologizing and calling himself stupid for not noticing her for three years, to what she only hugged his tighter, telling him that it was alright.

"Joonmyun, why are you so jealous?" she asked him when the topic of Yunho was brought up. "I don't see a reason why should you be jealous of anyone. You have no reason to feel insecure." She bit her lip. "Jealousy can be  dangerous for a relationship."

His chest vibrated as he sighed. "I know. My jealousy ruined my previous relationship." 

"I know", she replied and he gave her a questioning look. "Yes. Jongdae told me everything about Hyeri. And your past, too." She sensed that he was panicking and she smiled tenderly. "You have nothing to be afraid of. I still love you."

He looked at her in bewilderment. How could she still love him after knowing about his past? You must be the one, Miyeon.

"There is a reason I am like that", he said. He took a deep breath. The things he was about to tell her were still painful to him even after all those years. "When I was seventeen, I accidentally found out that my mother had been cheating on my father." Miyeon gasped. "Ever since then, I behaved like a jerk towards all the women. I was just disappointed and hurt. Jealousy was the product of it. I was... I am just afraid that someone else might take the person I love away from me."

"Did Jongdae and Jongin find out about it?"

He shook his head. "I chose not to tell them. If I lost all of my respect for her, I didn't want them to do the same. Although what she did was terrible, I guess I loved her too much to turn all of her sons against her."

She stared lovingly at him and took his hand and squeezed it tightly. "I love you. Even though you're overly jealous and hard to handle sometimes", she added with a chuckle. He pouted and she laughed out loud. "I won't give up on you, Joonmyun. Never."