Chapter 01

Live Again

"What do you say that we start all over again with the report?"

Sehun groaned loudly and threw a stash of papers on the desk at Joonmyun's proposal. 

"Please have mercy, hyung. It's Friday night. I wanted to go out but instead I'm sitting in this office and writing a report."

Joonmyun chuckled. "Sehun, the annual financial report has to be completed. You are in charge of finance, therefore you have to be here. Look how Miyeon-sshi is not complaining."

Sehun looked through the glass door and saw Miyeon, Joonmyun's secretary, sitting at her table and typing. "I don't know how she manages to work diligently until late hours."

"Yes, she works diligently and for a smaller wage than yours", Joonmyun said. "And now let's get to work."

An hour later Sehun was barely trying to stay awake while Joonmyun was still focusing on his work. A light knock on the door  made them look up from the papers.

"Mr. Kim, Mr. Oh, I've finished typing the documents. I'll leave now, if you allow", Miyeon said.

"Thank you, Miyeon-sshi. You may leave now."

Sehun got up from his chair. "Miyeon-sshi, it's quite late. Do you maybe need a ride home?" he offered with a smirk.

Miyeon shook her head slightly. "Thank you, Mr. Oh, but my brother will pick me up."

"Alright then", he said, a bit disappointed. "See you on Monday."

"Good night", she said.

"Good night", Sehun replied. Miyeon left the office and Sehun huffed loudly, which drew Joonmyun's attention.

"How come you never notice her?"

Joonmyun frowned slightly. "Who are you talking about?"

"I'm talking about Miyeon. She's really pretty. You seem to be indifferent to her. If she was my secretary, things would have been different. How old is she?"

"I think she's twenty-seven", Joonmyun replied and continued with his work.

Sehun nodded. "That's great. Just two years older than me. You have nothing against me hitting on your secretary, right?"

"She's all yours", he said absently.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Joonmyun the lights in his apartment. He threw his suitcase on the armchair and plopped on the couch. Another exhausting day was behind him. He and Sehun managed to complete the financial report. A deep sigh left his mouth as he looked around his place. He was alone. He thought that the feeling of loneliness would fade as the time passed, but it didn't. It seemed to him that it was only getting worse. Coming back from work every day to an empty apartment, where everything was the same, where nothing ever changed, it killed him inside. His daily routine of convincing himself that he was OK wasn't helpful, having his friends and brothers around wasn't helpful. He just couldn't get over the fact that he was now alone.

"You shouldn't leave your door unlocked." A voice made him jump up, just to see his brother Jongdae smirking at him. "It could have been worse if someone else tried to come in."

Joonmyun heaved a sigh. "I'm exhausted, Jongdae. We had to complete the financial report."

Jongdae took a seat next to him. "You are overworking yourself, hyung. Let Jongin and Sehun help you."

"They help me a lot. Sehun stayed with me all the time. We let Jongin go, he had a date with Hyori." Joonmyun raised an eyebrow at Jongdae. "Why aren't you with your girlfriend?"

Jongdae grinned at the mention of his girlfriend. "She's at her parents' house. Besides, we don't have to be together all the time, I can pay a visit to my older brother. I bet you get bored."

"You have no idea how much", Joonmyun sighed.

"We should go out together sometimes. I think it would do you good to go out, make friends...you know, meet new people."

"I'm thirty-one, Jongdae, I'm not really into going out and...you know. Are you staying over?"

Jongdae frowned. "You are not eighty-one, you are thirty-one! What's wrong with going out and having fun?"

"How many times are we going to have this conversation?" Joonmyun ran a hand through his hair. He hated when Jongdae tried to talk him into going out. He knew that if he started, he wouldn't be able to stop himself.

"We are going to have it until I knock some sense into you!" Jongdae said.

"You don't understand, Jongdae! If I start, I won't be able to stop! I would only waste my time on alcohol and women, but you know that wouldn't be enough to replace..." he silenced.

"To replace her, right?" Jongdae said quietly. Joonmyun looked away from him, clenching his fists. "How long are you going to suffer? It's been almost three years, let it go. You are my brother, it hurts me to see you like this."

"Stop, please."

"Hyung, why don't you just try? Look, Jongin and Hyori are together, even Sunmi and I got together after so many years. I feel bad for you, it hurts me to see you overworking yourself every day."

Joonmyun's bottom lip trembled as he tried hard not to break down. "I can't, Jongdae, I can't forget. I try hard every day, but it's impossible."

"You have to live again, hyung. What you are doing right now is not living."