Chapter 8

Lost

JiyongPOV

Age: 15

Chapter 8 - I will find You.

It has been days since mom;s death and my maknae disappearances. Mom did say to find our maknae. However, we still having a tough time because of mom left us alone. Now that old man is taking care of us. I have no trouble with him, is just…is not the same. I lost that warmth that mother and maknae gave to us. They were the reason why I am still alive. I do not want my brothers to be split apart because of depression that is chaining us to the ground of hell. I must find maknae.

The police are not doing a great job of finding little Seunghyun. Day after day, I kept visiting the police station, but their reply is always the same, “We are trying our best.” That is bull! They know something! They won’t tell us! en s! (I am not sorry for my language)

The next day, I went to the station again to bug them. Like always they kick me out. I did my own search but no matter how much clues or information I get, I find nothing. Is already day break, I am so tired. I want to quickly find our maknae for we can be together again, just like how mom wants us too.

I do worry about my brothers. Seunghyun tries to stay strong for us. Youngbae is in his own little world. I am more worry about Daesung, who has not come out of his room nor eat. Well, I haven’t eaten either but that is because I am working hard to find little Seunghyun. I hate to see them so down. I am not doing so well but crying won’t change anything.

I still can’t believe I lost two important family member again. I thought after the shipwreck accident, I will not lose another family member. That shipwreck made a huge impact on me. But, step mom changed Youngbae, Daesung, little Seunghyun, and Me. We all suffer from different tragic past. Mom was my hero. Mom was the one who gave all of us warm, a home, and a big happy family. Even little Seunghyun share that warmth.  Seunghyun always brightens our day. He is always there for one another. He shared his caring heart. Mom and little Seunghyun expresses their love to us. They both appreciate having us.

I felt a tear coming down my cheek. Damn it, after the funeral, I stop crying. I am not going to give up on my panda.

“Jiyong?” I turn to see who called my name. It was dark but the street light shine on my friend Kim Woo Bin. “Ah, it is you” He walk towards me.

I really do not want to see him but this is old man’s grandson. He lives with his parents, though. “Ah, Woo Bin” He is one year younger than me but I hate his height!

“I heard the news from my granddad, how are you feeling? If you want, you can come over to my place.” I nodded at his offer. I do not want to go back home yet. Too depressing there.

 

Mrs. Kim greeted me and gave me condolences. Woo bin’s dad is still working. “My room is upstairs” Woo-bin guide me to his room. It is a bit bigger than my room, though. I sat in his bed near a window. I can see the full moon.

“So how you feel? I have not seen you went to high school” he said and sat a chair near his desktop.

“I don’t think you should ask how I feel. It is pretty obvious right?” I said annoyingly. I hugged my knees and not made eye contact with him.

“Sorry for asking, if only I knew what to do” I know he is sincere. I should not be rude to him.

“Is fine, sorry for being rude…I am trying so hard to find my maknae” I hide my face in between my knees. It stood silent for a while until Woo-bin broke the silent.

“Hyung, what was your maknae name?” he asks.

“Lee Seunghyun. Why?”

He turns to his desktop. All I can hear is typing and clicking. I wonder what he is doing. “Come here hyung, check this out,” he said.

I got up from his bed, and slowly walk up to him. He pointed at a 5-year-old picture that said missing. The 5-year-old look similar to Seunghyun. “When did Lee Seunghyun came to your household?”

I try to remember. It was the day that I found him in the alley. “He was 9 I think”

Woo-bin smiled widely, “This little boy is Lee Seunghyun expect this is him when he is 5, look! It even got his name on it.” I look closely at the screen of the computer and it is my maknae. Was he kidnap before? Did his family found him in that audition? What is going on? He said he suffer a lot in the foster care that he was in. He also mentions he does not remember who his real family is. He thought his family left there. 

“, do you think his family stole him away from us?”

“Not sure hyung but, Look here” He click on a different tab.  It was a biography of my maknae's father. “Mr. Lee is one of the richest men in Japan. He was born here in South Korea, Seoul but he was raised there in Japan. He probably never thought looking at the countryside of Seoul for his son”

Does that mean my maknae is with them now! He's also rich! My heart aches from listening to this info that Woo Bin is giving me because what if he will have a better life to live with his biological family. What if that is the best for him instead finding out our step mom death. In order for me to see that, I must go to Japan. But how?

I put my hands in my pocket still looking at Lee family biography. I felt something cut my hand. “Ouch,” I took out whatever it was on my hand. “YG Company?” Ask Woo Bin.

YG!!! Maybe if I become a famous rapper, I would travel to Japan. I smiled and begin to cry. I lean on his shoulder and said to him “Thank you Woo-bin. Thank you so much for giving me a little info. This is giving me hope” I cried on his shoulder. I felt him patting my back. “I will always be their hyung” he comforts me.

 

 

Time really went by fast. Seunghyun called me to come home because it was late. I waved my goodbyes to the Kim family. I even thank Woo-bin so much.

While I was walking toward the old man house. I saw someone running from the distance. I try to see who it was but is dark. I have to wait until that person comes toward me.

The person is close but he bumps into me. My eyes widen to see that it was Youngbae that was crying. He made eye contact. Is it me or does he have some anger eyes? Why is he sad and angry? “Youngbae?”

“Sorry Jiyong” Is all he said and run pass by me. “YA YOUNGBAE!” I shouted but he ignored me! Why did he ignore me? What is going on?

“Ah, Jiyong!” I turn to see Hyunbae hyung. He stops to get some breaths, “Where is Youngbae?” I point the direction. Hyunbae patted my head and begin to chase after Youngbae. What is going on? I shrugged off and return back home.

 

I made it home but Seunghyun hyung was not in bed yet. “Hyung?”

He beams up, “Jiyong…I am sorry”

What does he mean by sorry? “I am sorry…Jiyong but Youngbae will not live with us anymore.” My heart stops for a minute. What does he mean by that!? He is my brother!? He can’t leave us!? We are family! We are supposed to stick together to find our maknae.

“What's going on?” I try to speak but I choke on some words.

“Hyunbae is Youngbae older brother” My eyes widen. Hyunbae is Youngbae’s older brother? That must be a lie. I remember Youngbae told me that he lost all of his family members.

“How did you find out?” I ask weakly.

“Just today…We should let Hyunbae hyung have Youngbae…” He averted his eyes away. He knows I would be upset about this.

“HYUNG! ARE YOU CRAZY! I AM CLOSE TO FIND OUR MAKNAE! AND YOU JUST GOING TO LET A DEAD MAN TAKE YOUNGBAE! HE IS YOUR LITTLE BROTHER! HE IS OURS NOT HIS!” I pound on his chest.  I know is selfish but Youngbae has been with us seen he was 6. How can hyung give him up like this?

“You need to let Maknae go” Why does he keep insisting on leaving our maknae alone. Does he know something?

“What do you know” I stop beating on his chest and glared at him.

“...Nothing, is just, I feel like our maknae is in a better place now. If he is, he should not be with us because we lost out eomma. Do you know how much he loved our eomma? He loves her so much, if he found out that she is gone then he will suffer like we are right now. Is also the reason why I should let Youngbae be with his biological brother” He slowly replies. He did not even look at me. I know he does not want this too. He lost his own mom and we are the only family to him. Why is he sacrificing of his needs for us? He should worry about himself too, not just us.  

“So what, they both are our brothers hyung…We are supposed to get through this together. I am not going to give up” I firm my tone. I calm down a little. I wonder if Youngbae is doing alright. I wonder if he is coming back to us. Is this it? Are we going to split up? I can’t let that happen. I think our solution is to find our maknae. Maybe…Just maybe, we might heal if he was beside us.

“Hyung?” We both turn to see Daesung yawing, “What was that about” He scratch his eyes, trying to open his eyes. He barely got up from the bed. Is still too early for him to wake up.  It is 3 am in the morning. 

“Sorry Daesung, for waking you up” I walk up to Daesung and grab his hand, “Let’s leave our hyung alone.” I look at Seunghyun hyung and he did not response. This bastard!

“What happen?” we both walk to Daesung’s room. I decided to sleep with Daesung now. I do not want to sleep alone again. Memories kept flowing of how little Seunghyun sleeps in my room.

“Nothing, I will explain if you let me sleep with you” I gave him a small smile but he took it and nodded as a response.

 

We both were in Daesung bed. I explain everything to Daesung. About Lee Seunghyun might’ve been kidnap seen he was a kid and his family found him. I told him, is still a theory so I wanted to make sure if my theory is right. I added that I am going to join the YG Entertainment Company. To find our maknae. I also told him about Youngbae. That I am not sure if he coming back. Daesung seems down about Youngbae and Hyunbae. He also does not want Youngbae to be separated from the family.

“Hyung…you not going to leave us right? You said you are going to YG Entertainment…I thought your dream is to a be a fashion designer?” He asked. He turns his body for I won’t see him crying. I can tell he is crying since I told him about Youngbae leaving us.

“I…” I do not know what to say. Yes, a fashion designer has been my dream but if anything, I want to find my little brother. I will become a fashion designer after I find my maknae. However, I am not going to leave them right? I am not even sure how long will it take me to succeed. But, I hate to see my adorable dongsaeng like this. “No, I am not. I am just joining to find our maknae. I love you Daesung! I am not going to leave you alone!” I hug Daesung.

Sorry Daesung, this might be a lie but we have no other choice.  Hyung is still depressed and not doing anything. The police are not even doing anything. We lost Youngbae to that bastard Hyunbae. I must find our maknae maybe and hopefully we will be together again.

 

As soon as morning arrive, I pack my things up and kissed Daesung on the forehead, “Hyung will come back to you, don’t worry my little dongsaeng. I’m going to bring our maknae back” I left a note to Daesung. I got out of his room. I walk slowly to the exit.

“Where are you going, Jiyong” I turn to see the old man in the kitchen. He is sitting next to Seunghyun hyung who is asleep on the kitchen table.

“I am going to bring my maknae back. I am going to work for YG Entertainment, The man who works there already gave me his card. He loves my singing. I must do my best for I can go to Japan or better for I can the ability to travel” I open the exit door.

“You know your older brother is going to miss you.” He gave me a small smile. I shift my eyes to Hyung. “That man would not care what I do” I finally said. I know I did not mean it but. He couldn’t stop Youngbae from running. I am still upset with him.

I left the house. I turn to another corner, where our house is. Our house is not far from the old man house. I look at the house one more time to say my goodbye. “I am going to find you maknae” From there my life has changed

 

Author note: I got the other chapter ready. I need to take my quiz first, though. I decided to make that grandpa for Woo-Bin X)