Chapter 15

Lost

Chapter 15: Denying

~JIYONG POV~

Age: 23

Setting: YG Company Studio.

Time: Late afternoon

I know he was dancing MY maknae moves. I was the first person who taught him how to dance his moves. His moves can’t lie to me. Seungri, V.I IS MY MAKNAE! I KNOW THAT MUST BE HIM!

“You are Lee Seunghyun” I look deep through his shades and saw him surprise. It is you! I can feel my heart increasing nervously hoping that I am right. I move my hand to take off his shade but…he shoved me away.

“Hyung, are you crazy” Daesung broke the silent.

“Please don’t do this JI!” It was Seunghyun who spoke next but I ignore him.

“Don’t touch me” He snapped. “How the you know my name,” He said with angry tone. Why is he mad?  Does he not remember me? I am you hyung! Hyung that spoiled you and adored you! How can you forget about me!? I heard my hyungs and dongsaeng gasp. Expect Jonghoon.

“Wait, that’s… your… name?” Daesung shook his words.

“Yeah…and” he spoke up high with rudeness in his tone. That does it. I took off his shades. “YAH!” He pushes me away and his shade drops to the ground. All gasped expect Jonghoon, who seem lost. My eyes widen. My heart was shaken. My mind is blank. My eyes are locked on his anger eyes. I see bags under his eyes. His eyes…his panda eyes. He is my maknae. My maknae who I’ve been trying to find. My heart tightens. I try to hold it in but couldn’t, I let go of my tears.

“Seunghyun-ah” Daesung was the first to make a move. He gave him a big him. “Let me…go” my panda try to break free but stop when he felt Daesung cry on his shoulder. He glances down. He seems speechless. I look at Seunghyun who is sobbing on Youngbae shoulder. Even Youngbae is crying. Jonghoon is still confused with my maknae.

Minutes passed, he gently moves Daesung away from him. “I am sorry, but I do not remember you guys, even if I did…I am not Lee Seunghyun, my name is Seungri” My heart shattered. What is he saying? What the is he talking about!? “Please, do not call me by that name”

“But…you are our maknae” Youngbae confirm what he is.

“I am not!” Seungri snapped. “Look, your maknae is long gone!  DO you guys know what he been through! The past is the past!”

“But he is still you! Lee Seunghyun is part of you! Quit being stubborn about yourself!” It was Seunghyun who was pointing at him with a frustration tone.

Daesung wipe away his tears “Does that matter now? We are finally together please guys do not dwell on this matter.”

Seungri ignores Daesung comment and signals Jonghoon to leave. While Jonghoon stood there awkwardly trying not to get involve in our mess. Before he took off I grab his wrist. “Where do you think you are going,” I said.

“Away from this! Look this is too much for me to handle. I just got out of the hospital. “I forgot he was in the hospital. Wait, why was my maknae was in the hospital? What happen to him? I heard he fainted but how?

 He jerks his hand away from my grip. “Thanks for the audition, do not call me if you are hiring me. I do not feel like working here” He left out of the room and Jonghoon followed but he bid his goodbye to us “Sorry hyungs, I will try to convince him to talk to you guys, he is my best friend” that was the last thing he said. Seunghyun gave a nod of approval.

We stood silent. We were surprised by his rudeness and anger. What happen to my sweet maknae? He mentions something about ‘Do you know what I been through.’ What does he mean by that? Does he only remember the pain he been through that foster home he was in? Oh my maknae, please look deep in your memory. I am your hyung. I miss you so damn much.

I fell on my knees and begin to cry. These tears cannot stop this mix feelings from my heart. I am happy but sad because he does not remember his hyungs. Daesung patted on my back to comfort me, “He will get through this hyung” he said with his soft tone. How can Daesung be strong about this? Our maknae can’t remember us.

“Daesung is right, we will help Seunghyu- I mean Seungri memories back,” Seunghyun hyung said while patting Youngbae who is still sobbing.

How can we help him, though? It seems to me that he does not want to remember. Why does he not want to remember? Is it really about his painful memories? Then I realize something.

“Hyung…he was in the accident with eomma…do you think he remembered seeing her death? If so…” I stutter.

“You think it might be better for him to lose his memory?” Youngbae helped me finish my question. I nodded slowly.

We both stood quietly. We do not know what to say. We are just having mix feelings by this situation. Right now our Seungri is looking for something. I believe he is looking for himself. That is why he quit singing to find what he wants. “He is lost right now” I finally spoke. They have their eyes shifted to me and agreed, “We are going to help and hopefully not let him remember that painful memory of mom’s death” Said the oldest.

“Right now…we need to act as a family now… we are lost too because we did not have each other, so please consider this idea. We been a family before, we must be a family again for our maknae.” Seunghyun added on.

It has been 9 years since we been apart. I wonder if getting back together will help us. I hope so too. “I am going to find a house for us to live together. A new house. A new beginning of our family” Seunghyun finish his speech. We all look at each other and grew a smile.

“Yeah…for our maknae,” we all said. Don’t worry my maknae, we will have you back.