Chapter 3

Lost

 

 

 

~Youngbae POV~ (Age 15) 

Chapter 3.Living a Happy family

 

I am just waiting outside of my little brothers, Daesung and Lee Seunghyun’s junior high school. Usually, it is Jiyong that picks them up. However, Jiyong had to stay longer in his club activities.  He said something about finish a song. He asks me to pick up our maknae. Seunghyun hyung already pick up Daesung right after school since he does not have after school activities. It was only my maknae Seunghyun that stays for a dance club.

“Hyung!” I turn to see little Seunghyun running towards me while waving at me. Then I notice something on his cheek. Why does it seem swollen?

“What happen to your face,” I said when Seunghyun caught up to me. I check his face. It was his right cheek that is swollen. I am concern about this. Have someone bully my maknae. If so, is going to be trouble.

“Ah, that, it was an accident, a student throws a ball at me during gym period but I did not pay attention” He laughed. He is always like this, a clumsy kid, I guess. Every time he injures or hurt himself he always put up a laugh or smile. I sometimes do not believe his story because he is always hurt. I even ask Daesung if he had any bullies but he said no because he is always with Daesung and Seunghyun. Daesung is popular in school. Well, why wouldn’t they? They do have handsome…well adorable faces. Wouldn’t blame a girl who falls for either of my dongsangs.        

“Okay, if you say so-“I want to believe him but his smile is letting me believe him. “So how is school” I change the subject. We both started walking.

“Tiring, like always, girls kept going up to Daesung to ask for his number and they never bother asking me!” I laugh so hard. “HYUNG! Is not funny! Girls see me but when it comes to Daesung, they rather stay with him. I love Daesung hyung, but he should give me some girls too” He sulked and folded his arms.

Well, he is at the age of wanting to be near girls. Although, sometimes girls can be scary. I patted his back “Well I guess those girls prefer Daesung’s nose” I chuckle.

“My nose is better than his plus he has a big nose” he whispers low but I did catch it.

“Right, don’t worry girls just think you are cute even guys think so too” I put my arm around him while we are walking.

“Hyung, I am manly! I more manly like you. I heard you were more popular with the girls than Jiyong hyung in your class” I felt praised.

“Well, I am good looking,” I said, proud of my looks but then Seunghyun hyung pop in my head. “Isn’t Seunghyun more handsome though? I do remember that most girls rather want to be with him”

“Yeah because he is y” maknae smirked. This little brat. He was just praising me few seconds ago. I tight my grip around him and give him a nudge on his head.

“Yah! You were just praising me what happen to that!”

“HA-haha hyung let go” Gosh, I love this little cutie.  We all mess with him. Who wouldn’t stand his adorable panda smile? We all spoil our maknae. I was worry that Daesung would envy Seunghyun because he is one year older than him. But I was wrong. Daesung is the sweetest when it comes to our maknae. Though I envy their relationship. It starts off awkward between them. Out of nowhere they are close. Even Jiyong envy Daesung.

I let maknae go but suddenly I bump into someone and made me trip on the ground.

“Hyung! Are you okay” shout my maknae. He helps me get up on my feet. I dust the dirt off my pants.

“Sorry-“ I look up and it was someone familiar. It was Hyunbae. The guy that has “bae” in his name. I find that fate for some reason. He is four years older than Seunghyun hyung. Seunghyun hyung admire him. I know he is already in his 20's while Seunghyun hyung is 16 but Hyung does not care. He sees him as an older brother since he was the one that helped him on his studies when Hyung was a kid.

“Youngbae! Ah, little Seunghyun! Look at you guys! You are grown!” He ruffles both our hairs.

“Hyunbaeish you are messing with my hair,” I said and let his hand go off my head. I do not know why but he always gives me sad expression every time he looks at me. “What? this hyung can’t touch you guys' hair?” He laughs “So cute”

I blush at the comment. “I am not cute, I am y”

“But not y than your Seunghyun hyung” He continue laughing. I blush even harder because I can feel my pride drop low.

“Youngbae hyung…your face-“I cut Seunghyun sentence by covering his mouth. “What are you doing here Hyung,” I said to Hyunbae.

“Shopping and about to head home” he gave me a small smile. Why he always like this with me? Why do I feel like he might be important to me? I can’t get this pain off my chest for some odd reason. “Is your chest hurt” He notice my hand on my chest.

“Ah, yeah…well Seunghyun and I need to go home” I bow to him but before we left, Hyunbae patted our back. “Alright be safe guys! And tell Choi Seunghyun to come and visit me. I miss that little guy” He wave us goodbye.

“He is a great hyung to our hyung right Youngbae?” little Seunghyun said with a bright smile.

“Right…” I said while I was dazed by Hyunbae back.

“He too sees Seunghyun hyung as a y guy” He laughed. But I hit his the back of his head. “Ouch Hyung!” He cried.

“Aish, that is what you get for disrespecting your hyung!”

 

 

We made it back home before it turns dark. It was only Jiyong that greeted our maknae. “My cutie is here!” He rushes and gave him an attack hug.

“Welcome home guys” Seunghyun hyung greet us next.

“Oh hyung! We saw Hyunbae on our way home, he said he miss you and  to tell you that you should visit him sometimes” I said while hugging hyung.

“You saw Hyunbae? When was the last time we saw him hyung?” Daesung came right after Seunghyun hyung.

“When I finished my tutoring from him…I think” Hyung cannot recall. I guess it has been awhile. “Alright, I will visit him” He ruffles my hair. Great that was the second time of someone ruffling my hair. I am not a kid.

“Dinner is ready guys” We all perk up because we are hungry. Mom makes the best dinner. I enjoy eating her food. I am glad she accepts us. Jiyong and I were in that shipwreck`accident. All I can recall is that Jiyong and I lost our family in that accident. Ever since that day, Jiyong cannot swim because sea traumatized him. I can swim because well…I do not know why I am not traumatized. I do not recall my family either. It was the old man from our foster care that found us but he knew our eomma and want her to take care of us. She agreed so easily, though.

 

After dinner, I brush my teeth to go to bed. I cannot seem to stop thinking about Hyunbae. Something about him makes me want to be near him or understand him or get to know him. What is stopping me from that?

“Bae!” Jiyong broke my train of thoughts while brushing my teeth. “Are you okay? I’ve been calling your name.”

“Really? I am sorry Ji…is just”

“Is about Hyunbae right?” Only Jiyong knows about my conflicted emotions on Hyunbae. I nodded at his question. “You should find out about him if you are feeling doubt about him” he leans on the side of the door with arms folded

“Is not easy Ji, what if he thinks I am weird to ask so many questions about him? I just need to find out why he seem so familiar when I first met him” I said and begin to rinse my mouth and spit the water out in the sink.

“Well! I am here for you~!” He gave a cute kid smile at me and he pitches my cheek.

“Ya! “ I rub my cheek.

“If you want, I can sleep with you, this time, ~” he grinned

“YA! Go sleep with Seunghyun hyung or our maknae like you always do”

“Aw…jealous!!!” He places his arm around me and was about to kiss my cheek but I stop him with my hand.

“Why should I? When our maknae thinks I am better looking than you” I smirked but I will leave out that he thinks that our hyung is ier. I saw his eyes widen at my statement. I am trying to hold back my laugh.

“YA! That is not true!” Ha. Ha, he did not believe me.

“Oh yeah, tell that to our maknae” He then hit my head. Ouch. He really needs to control his jealousy when it comes to our maknae.

“So not cute! Hmph,” he seems a bit annoyed of what I said. Don’t matter. My maknae thinks I am better looking than Jiyong. Although, I pity maknae now. Jiyong enters his room. Sorry, little Seunghyun. I had to bring Jiyong self-esteem down.

 

I enter my room and lay on my bed. I wonder if I can find something about Hyunbae. I do not even know his family name. Maybe I should let go of this feeling because I am happy of where I belong. Maybe my siblings are the reason why I can’t find about Hyunbae. I love each of my brothers and my step mom. I hope we do not break apart. I hope we will be together forever. I can feel my heart so warm when I think about them. I will be a great son and a great hyung. Also hope to achieve my dreams as a dancer. First, I need to be y than Seunghyun hyung. Damn you maknae. I hope Jiyong is teasing you tonight. 

-to continue-

Thanks for reading!