Chapter 6

Lost

Chapter 6- How everything change

Choi Seunghyun POV

Age: 16

“Hyung!!” I hate it when someone try to wake me up from my sleep. I already know who it was. It was my maknae who kept shaking me up from the bed. “Hyung!! Get up!!” Where did he get so much energy in the morning?

“Aish!” I grab my pillow and shoved in his face. I glance at my clock and it said 7 am. “Ya! It is 7 am in the morning! I have school at 9!” I shout in a grumpy tone.

“Sorry hyung, I am just excited! Guess what today is!” Today? Oh! The dance audition is today! It is his dream to become some hip-hop dancers even though he is young, 13 years old, he does not care. He loves to dance and sing sometimes but mainly dancing. By watching his two hyungs (Youngbae and Jiyong), he wanted to sing and dance better than them. He loves to compete.

“Today is the day where you show your talent!” I try to sound exciting but I am so sleepy. I stayed up late, I was helping Daesung with his homework.

“Yes! I know you have school but wish me luck!” He rushes out my room and I can hear him shouting in Youngbae room. That little brat always annoyed us but that is what make him adorable and cute.

We all woke up and started eating our breakfast expect Jiyong who is still asleep but he already gave little Seunghyun so many kisses last night they both slept together.  Jiyong sure loves to spoil him so much.  “I wish I can watch your audition dongsaeng,” Said the yawing Daesung.

“I wish so too! But it can’t be helped! You guys skipped so much with your classes, you are forced to go to class” pouted little Seunghyun.

“Well, is boring” Said Youngbae, playing with his food.

“Ya, you need to get your education and eat your food right Youngbae” eomma said and hit Youngbae in the back of his head.

“Sorry,” he looks down on his breakfast. Little Seunghyun tries not to laugh.

“Anyway, you practice hard Seunghyun, I am sure you will make it to the finals. Even better, you might win the spot of becoming a dancer” I said and patted his back.

“Your right hyung! I will do my best” little Seunghyun have some determination in his eyes like fire burst out. This kid knows he will do well.

We all finish our breakfast, Jiyong finally woke up and just ate a banana. All 4 of us wish little Seunghyun to do his best. Eomma is taking him to the audition.  She said she is going to record it. I can’t wait for that. I really want to see my maknae dance. Even Youngbae and Jiyong because they both helped him practice. Daesung said he wants to go and cheer for his dongsaesng. But, what little Seunghyun said was true, Jiyong, Youngbae, and I got in trouble for missing classes while Daesung kept sleeping in his classes. If I went back in time I wish I can tell my past self that I should take school seriously.

“Alright bye~! Love you guys” He gave us bright warm smiled. We couldn’t help it, we all hugged our maknae because he so cute. We love our maknae so much, we hope that he will do his best for his future. We will do anything for him and same for him, he will always do anything for us. That is what brothers are for. Being together till the end. We all watch our panda leave with our mother.

 

I was waiting for the time to pass by. For I can hear about the news about my maknae. I was already home. Jiyong, Youngbae, Daesung were probably in their school activities.

For some odd reason, I did not feel right. Like something just stabs my heart. I was supposed to feel excited about my maknae but I feel down. I look at the time and it was already 6 pm. I forgot to ask mom what time she and little Seunghyun is going to arrive home. ‘I must distract myself from my thoughts’ I thought and turn on the television. The news pop open. “Oh, Hyung you are home” I turn to see Jiyong behind me from the sofa while Youngbae followed. Daesung already went upstairs. I am guessing he went to his room.

“What are you watching hyung,” Youngbae said and sat next to me on the sofa.

“Not sure…” I have a terrible feeling when I was looking at the news. The headline said “Terrible Car Accident, Car exploded” A lady is reporting about a woman, who got in a car accident. The cause of the car accident was a mad man that murder an innocent woman by crashing into her car. Before the car exploded the woman only saved who is her “son”. It seems like the mother of the child, both came out of an audition in Seoul.

My heart drop. I drop the remote. My two brothers notice and gave me a confused look. “Hyung?” They probably think it might be some other woman but I know the reporter is talking about our mother. Finally, the news showed an image of our mom. I heard Jiyong gasp and drop his knees while Youngbae is speechless.

That moment, our mind is closing. We couldn’t move an inch. I felt my hand trembling. My heart is sinking down from the shock by the news. I stood up and try to calm down because I am pretty sure my brothers are freaking out. Suddenly, Jiyong scream “WHAT THE !? HYUNG! THAT CANNOT BE EOMMA IN THE NEWS RIGHT!?” Jiyong pleads to be a lie. Youngbae looked away from the news and curled his fingers tight into a fist, walk towards the wall and punch the wall hard, it made a hole.

“Hyungs!?” Daesung rush downstairs to see what is going on. I did not want Daesung to come and see this but is too late to calm Jiyong down.

“HYUNG! PLEASE TELL ME THIS IS AN LIE! THAT CANNOT BE HER!  WHAT HAPPEN TO OUR MAKNAE!?” Jiyong grabbed my shirt with both and hand and grip it tight. He kept begging for lies. Lies that should make him believe that this is a dream.  A dream that we are not losing our mom and little Seunghyun. I couldn’t look at Jiyong. Just by looking at his eyes made my heart sadden.

“What…happen to our eomma?” I can hear Daesung waiting for answers. None of us did not want to reply. Jiyong calms his anger down and lets go of me. “Hyung?” I walk toward Daesung. I gave him a tight hug. I can feel his body shaken with fear. “Hyung! Please tell me this is not true” I felt tears on my shoulder. “HYUNG! Where our mom and our maknae! Please answer” I felt my chest tight. I do not know what to say to our dongsaeng. 

Suddenly, the phone ring. Youngbae did not move from the wall. I could hear him sobbing, he cries louder than the phone ringing. Jiyong sat down on the sofa with his face covered by his hands. Daesung did not move from my embrace, he kept crying. The phone kept ringing. Someone has to answer it. I slowly let Daesung sat near a chair. I try to move but my body towards the phone but is still a shock. Damn, it just moves! Slowly by slowly, I moved close to the phone. My heart kept rising for every inch I take the phone. I reach the phone but my hand trembles so much that I can’t touch the phone.  Youngbae suddenly helped me by picking up the phone. I grab the phone and place it to my ears.

“Hello, is the Choi Seunghyun?” a man said. A man who I do not know.

“Yes, this is Choi Seunghyun” I reply slowly. My heart kept increasing the beats. My palms feel sweating. My head is going crazy. I could not think. I am nervous to hear this man reply. Hoping is something else. Please let it be something else. I do not want this. We do not want this.

 “I need you to come to Seoul Hospital, it's urgent. Is about your mom and the little boy” My heart drop. I drop the phone. Daesung, Youngbae, and Jiyong turn their heads and saw me fell on my knees. Jiyong eyes widen. Youngbae shook his head. Daesung sobbed even harder. Here comes the pain. That moment we know, this is a reality. Is not a dream.  I can’t believe this.

 

A friend of my mothers, who was also Jiyong and Youngbae Caretakers from the foster care, took us to the hospital.  As soon as we made it to the hospital, we rushed to the emergency room. When we arrived, we do not see little Seunghyun but our mother in the hospital bed with her eyes closed. Each of my brothers broke down crying. Jiyong kept cursing. Youngbae went up to Daesung and hold him tight while Daesung broke down crying in Youngbae embrace. Even my mom friend, the old man is crying. My mom looked terrible. She has blood running from her forehead. Burn marks in most of her beautiful face.

“She does not have much but she wants to say something to you Choi Seunghyun” The doctor spoke. I walk towards my mom bedside. Mom slowly opens her eyes “Seunghyun…” she is trying to speak but she kept coughing. “I am sorry….” She begins to cry, “I wish I can stay with you and your brother longer…but I can’t” I felt my chest tighten again. I try to hold my tears tight. “I am also sorry that I cannot save your maknae…he disappeared …I …do not know …where...” Maknae? What happen to my little brother? “Please…find your brother…I wish I can help but I can barely make it…I am sorry…I love you all…I love you with all my heart…eomma is so proud…” She touches my cheek. From that touch, I could not hold it anymore. I begin to cry,

“EOMMA! DON’T LEAVE US!! WHAT ABOUT OUR BIG HAPPY FAMILY! YOU CAN’T LEAVE US ALONE! WE NEED YOU! LEE SEUNGHYUN NEED YOU!! WHAT IS GONNA HAPPEN WHEN WE FIND SEUNGHYUN AND HE Ask FOR YOU!!! YOU CAN’T….you….cant” I choke up my words. My tears cannot stop. The pain in my chest won’t leave.

She gave me a weak smile, “I love you so much, be a great hyung to your brothers”

“Eomma!” Jiyong shouted. She shifted her eyes to my little brother. She gave them a warm smile like she usually do. “I love you my boys” then her heart stop beating. Our eyes widen my brothers all join me and shouted for our mother to come back.

This cannot be goodbye…

We lost our mom. We do not know where our adorable panda is. We lost two wonderful people. What is going to happen to us? 

To be Continue.

 

Author note: I had a tough time writing this because I have not experienced a lost mom or siblings. I did lose someone who was close to me but not to the point to cause depression. I had to use music to pump me up. Anyway, thank you for 111 subscribers! Also viewers! Again, sorry for my grammar. I will fix it up after I finish this story. Thank you again!!!!! Sorry, that is a kinda sad. I hope. o.e.