Chapter 19

Lost

Chapter 19

POV Youngbae

Age: 23

Time: Evening. Weather: cool

Finally is my turn to hang out with my maknae! Choi Seunghyun called me as soon as he finishes his little play date with Seungri. He said that he has amnesia. I felt a bit down when he mention that. I kind of guessed it though but still, I can’t believe Seungri has amnesia. I can see why he does not want his past self. Hyung also told me to keep an eye on him if he remembering things. He said too calmly tell him to remember by taking deep breaths. I will remember that. He will slowly remember anyways.

I ended practice early. The dancers know that I am meeting with my little brother and they were happy for me. I mean I am happy too. I finally have my lost brother. I text my brother to come to my dance studio in YG Company. My brother Hyunbae hyung said he wants to meet him. I hope Hyunbae doesn't shock my maknae.

“Hyung!” I turn to see my little maknae running towards with his adorable panda smile. Gosh, I miss him so much. I couldn't help myself, I gave him a big hug. Seungri did not expect that. I realize his body is a bit shaky. I know he probably not uses to touchy feeling but I really miss his warmth. “Hyung… I can’t breathe” he chokes it.

“Ah sorry,” I let go of him from my embrace. “I know you don’t remember me but I do, I really miss you maknae” I felt a tear starting to develop.

“Hyung~ don’t be like that! I came here to enjoy my evening with you” he pouted while patting my back. I smiled at him and wipe away my tears.

“You are right, hyung is sorry” I chuckle.

“Okay so why did you invite me here?” he looks around the studio. He is amazed of the dance floor and the bright light of the studio. Also the mirror in front of us. He really likes the studio

Right, I invite him because I want to dance with him like good old times. Hoping this will jog his memory. Plus, I am also trying to convince him  to come back and work with me in YG Company. I know that stupid dragon scared him but this will be his chance to shine. “I want to see you dance again” He drops his smile.

“Hyung…I don’t know…I feel like if I dance here, my memories will rush and I will faint.” He looks down on his feet. Sigh, my poor maknae I wish this did not happen to you. I patted his back to comfort him.

“Is okay hyung is right here, I am pretty sure you took your meds right?” I ask to make sure if he is taking care of himself. He gave me a nod without looking. “Okay then, just relax, take a deep breath, and just dance along with me” I turn on the music to give us the motivation to dance. “If your memories do pop up in your mind, let it happen. Do not panic” He gave him a gentle smile. He finally raises his head and gave me a small smile.

“Don’t forget that I will be watching” we both turn to see my brother Hyunbae hyung with a wave.

“Hyung” I brightly smile.

“Hey bae, I can see that you are over joy” he chuckles. I blushed. Well yeah, I am with my maknae.

“Hyung, who is he?” Seungri pointed out. Of course, my brother is a bit sad. Couldn't blame him. He doesn't remember much about me too. So I know how my hyung is feeling.

“He is my biological brother, I thought I lost him in the shipwreck when I was a kid before joining our family but he came back from the dead” I laugh along with Hyunbae. Seungri laughed a little.

“Ah, so you are his blood brother, I envy you” he shook my brother's hand. “Likewise, my dongsaeng was happy to be your hyung again. While you disappear, me and him had a bad relationship. But we made up and he sees me as his hyung.  He was also in depression when he lost you” I gasp and kick Hyunbae in his knee playfully.

“Shh, hyung he was not supposed to know that!”

“Hyung? You were in depression” Seungri ask. Great, I was hoping he will not find out how much all of us suffer because we lost someone important to us. I have to speak the truth.

“Yes, is not just me, it was all of us. We thought we were not going to see you again and your hyungs, Seunghyun, Jiyong, Daesung and I suffer so much, especially Jiyong who was looking for you desperately. It was not your fault that we suffer. We made ourselves like that” I explain.

“Ah…I am still sorry, I can’t believe you guys suffer so much. I am pretty the past me miss you guys too but I am sorry but I feel nothing. I envy my past self that had so much good memories of you guys and me I just have good memories of my family in Japan. I am sorry” I feel my heartache. He still not accepting his childhood. His childhood is still him. Why is he being stubborn?

“Well…the past is the past right” Hyunbae walk towards Seungri and place his hand on his shoulder. “It doesn't matter is what you are thinking” Seungri nodded. “Yeah, that is why I don’t need it”

“Okay answer this question for me, did you lost yourself Seungri?” Seungri took a moment to answer his question. He slowly said “Yes I did, I thought being a new me would help me with a different life but I felt a bit down and not knowing what I really want, that is the reason why I stop singing. I did debate if I want to remember my childhood but I am scared” He begin to develop tears. “Hyung, I am scared of my own childhood, I am scared to remember those bad memories but they are a part of me” he pointed his chest and begin to cry.

I couldn’t help it, I grab his arm and pull him into my embrace. “Don’t worry my maknae, your hyung is here for you, I will help you get over your fears, I know you must’ve remembered those bad memories but you have to get through this” I felt his finger clutch on my back. He was hugging tightly. He sobs on my shoulder. I can feel my shirt wet but I don't care. He needs me.

Hyunbae was aweing the view. I can see a big smile form on his face. I smile back and begin to cry as well. I am going to help my maknae get through this.

“Sorry to break this relationship but we should dance” Hyunbae is right. I slowly break our hug and place my hand on his cheek. I wipe away his tear and said “Right now let us have fun and I…no we will help you so please understand you must remember those awful memories and happy memories, it is still you” Seungri nodded. “Good, now let us smile and dance!” I cheered. He begins to laugh. There goes that smile that I am looking for.

We had a great time. Seungri did not have any memories today but he made a new memory. He was united with me and we both were dancing along with Hyunbae. Although, Hyunbae just record us to make a memory. It was a smart idea. I do want to look back and see the video.

The three of us were sitting down behind the mirror. Seungri and I were eating ice cream after our dance. Hyunbae was tired, he is sleeping on Seungri lap. At first, Seungri was uncomfortable but he let it go. I do recall this moment, though. While Hyunbae was tutoring Seunghyun hyung, Seungri always wanted to play with Hyunbae hyung but he was busy thus he waited. He ended up sleeping on Hyunbae lap. I walked in the scene and Hyunbae told me to take him to his room. Yeah, it was great memory how Seungri loves my older brother. He respects my older brother.

Then I recall that I want to work with Seungri. “Seungri, you should work here with me and Jiyong, not as dance choreography, come and sing and have a duo with us!”

Seungri took another bite of his ice cream. “Hyung, I want to but first, let me have recovered from my amnesia,” he said. I nodded and took another bite of the ice cream. Today was great between me and my maknae.

“You know I love you Seungri,” I said with a smile. He looks at me but “I…” he cannot say it. He looks down on his ice cream. “It will take time,” he said. I nodded in understanding. I know it will take a while to say those three words but that does not matter. I kiss his cheek. “Ew, hyung I don’t want your kiss, I want a cute girl kiss” he blushed. Omo, he always says that if one of us kiss him. He always wipes off the kiss too. I begin to laugh. “Nah you love my kisses” I place my arms on him while he still eating his ice cream. This is a great day for me and Seungri. Don’t worry maknae we will help you.