Chapter 2

Lost

Image result for t.o.p

~ChoiSeunghyun POV~(still at age 12)

Chapter 2- Welcome to the Family

 

3 hours has passed. Daesung is already downstairs, watching ‘Doraemon’. Daesung really loves that show. I remember how happy he was when he got the chopstick of Doraemon. He was adorable with his angelic smile. Youngbae went back to his room. Jiyong is sitting next to little Seunghyun while napping next to him. Eomma is with me in the room.

“Omo, is Jiyong hurt?” I totally forgot about Jiyong scratches. Eomma walks near the sleepy Jiyong. He sounds peaceful. Less annoying to be honest. “Seunghyun, what happen to Jiyong?” Damn, she going to scold me for this. It is my fault for not watching Jiyong well.

“Um, he was running up the hill and fell down, he was fine but he ends up getting scratches” I avoid eye contact with eomma. “I did warn him” I pouted.

She giggled, “Is not your fault, Jiyong loves to play with others especially you” She gave me her soft smile. I can’t help but blush. It is true, Jiyong tends to follow me a lot along with the other little brothers. But, Jiyong rather plays with me than Youngbae or Daesung. I feel special in a way.

“Now bring the badge kit” I nodded and went to the bathroom to look for the badge kit. As soon as I found it, I head back to the room. I gave it to eomma. She slowly picks up the sleepy beauty, Jiyong and places him next to the injured little boy. Mom patched Jiyong gently because she does not want to wake him up. “By the way, Seunghyun, where is the milk” I felt a sudden shock on my shoulders. I tense up and answered “I ….left it behind. I forgot it when we found Seunghyun”

“Well that is fine, we can get it next time” she pinches my nose. Eomma is one lovely woman. I sometimes want her to find another man next to her but knowing her, she does not want to replace appa. Is understandable.

“Hmm…” Eomma and I heard someone moving the bed. We both shift our eyes on the two sleeping boys. It was the boy who is hurt that got up from the bed. We saw that Jiyong body position change and have his arm around Seunghyun’s waist. Aish….this child.

“Whe-Where am I?” Seunghyun yawned.

“In my house” Eomma gave a warm smile. I notice Seunghyun blush and then shift his eye on me. “Ah-“ He recognizes me. “Thanks for helping me” He bows a little. I bow back.

“Eomma what is for- “Daesung stop midway of his sentence, “He is awake!” He shouted with thrill.  He walks toward little Seunghyun. “Are you feeling okay?” he asked

Little Seunghyun is speechless. I guess seeing so much strangers around him might have frightened him a little. He then notices an arm around him “Um…” He probably not used with a boy sleeping next to him. I don’t blame him. It is weird.

“Sorry, he was tired from walking up the hill and he also helps me carried you and it was hot outside so the heat took most of his energy though I thank you for that” I explain to him. He nodded slowly. I guess he accepts that?

“I will cook something for you to eat” Eomma walk out of the room.

“Sorry that we took you in without permission, I am pretty sure you are shocked right now” I sat near him.

“Ah no is okay, as long-“He paused and shook his head “Is fine” He avert his eyes away. Then suddenly, Jiyong moved again and hold little Seunghyun tightly. “Does he always sleep like this” He pointed out.

I laughed “Yeah, it is hard to sleep with Jiyong, he is a hugger when you sleep with him”

“Ah, look” he smiled awkwardly. He looks up again “By the way, what are your guys’ name? He asked us.  

“My name is Kang Daesung” Daesung went up first.

“My name is Choi Seunghyun” I can tell his eyes is surprise by my name. Yes, we both have the same name but different family name. He is a Lee and I am a Choi. “Ah, the sleepy head is Kwon Jiyong and there is an another boy but he is in his room, his name-“

“Dong Youngbae” Youngbae interrupted me. As always, he wants to be cool. He enters the room with a trait on his hands. I saw a bowl of soup. I guess Mom cook porridge or something. I guess that will be our dinner too. Daesung grabbed the small little table. But before that.

“Ya, Jiyong nap time is over” I tapped his cheek to wake him up. This will be tough. It is always hard to wake up Jiyong. He only wakes up whenever he feels like it. If one of us wake him up, he gets a bit grumpy.

“Hyung, here” Daesung took the water bottle from the table that was for little Seunghyun. I took the water bottle from Daesung. I dab water on my hand and slap Jiyong gently on his cheek. He suddenly woke up from cold touch of my hand. “HYUNG!” He shouted while he got up. “Erk” He then grabs hold of his shoulder. I gave him a confused look. But then it hit me. He did fell from the hill so I am pretty sure he would feel sore later on.

“Take it easy Jiyong, You fell remember?” His body probably sore since he gave me that painful look on his eyes. He then glances up to see the little Seunghyun. “Ah! You finally woke up!!!” he said gleefully and went straight for a hug.

Did Jiyong forget that Seunghyun is injured and himself as well? How can he have so much energy? Seunghyun seems very uncomfortable.

“Sorry about my dongsaeng” I pull Jiyong away from the bed.

“YA! HYUNG!” Jiyong is throwing a fit of me dragging away from little Seunghyun.

“Brothers?” Seunghyun seems to be confused about our relationships.

“Yeah, we are but” Youngbae started “But we are not blood-related”

“Seunghyun Hyung’s eomma…well, our stepmom is the one that took care of Me, and my two other hyung, Youngbae, and Jiyong, that is why we all have different family names”  Daesung continue.

“But that does not matter if we are blood-related! We all have a happy life thanks to our eomma” Jiyong ended the explanation while placing his soup on the mini table. “Eat” he gestures.

Lee Seunghyun seems down for some odd reason. “Um…” he started but he is taking a while to speak up. “Um…I was” I think I know where he is going for. “I was wondering if I can live with you guys.” He blushed. It is obvious to him that he was shy to ask that. ‘Cute’ I chuckle a little.

All four of us look at each other. Then our eomma enter the room. “He hasn't touched his food? Also, I heard you guys’ conversation. Seunghyun talks to me alone and explains everything to me and I will see if you can stay with us” eomma eye on me to give me a signal to leave them alone.

“Come on guys we need to eat too, Let eomma handle Seunghyun” I push my whining brothers out of the room and close the door.

 

“No fair! I want to eat with little Seunghyn” Jiyong pouted.

“You are not the only one” Youngba put his arm around Jiyong and lead him to the kitchen.

“Seunghyun hyung do you think he will trust our eomma? Or do you think Eomma will take him in? Daesung asks with curious in his eyes. I am not even sure for myself. What if little Seunghyun has a family. Then again he said he does not want to go back to the foster care. I patted Daesung back to avoid the question and lead him to the kitchen. We all sat on the table with porridge in front of us.

“I hope so,become” Youngbae said, “I mean, Seunghyun hyung just said it that he does not want to go back to some foster care, I think it is better to live with us than living alone” Jiyong nodded at Youngbae respond while he took another bite of the porridge.

“True…” Daesung begins to eat. We become silent for a while. We are all waiting for mom and little Seunghyun to come out of the room for we can hear some news.

 

We finish our dinner and went upstairs. Youngbae was about to turn the knob of the door but I stop him. I shook my head no. He starting to pout.

Ten minutes pass while we were waiting in the hall on the second floor. Our mom finally opens the door. “Oh, I did not know you guys were waiting”

“So!?” Daesung starting to jump up and down to hear what the news is.

Eomma smile and brought little Seunghyun in. She places her hands on his slender shoulder. "He becomes part of your little brother guys he is 9 years old and is birthday is December 12. He is your maknae “I see each of my little brothers with joy in their eyes. Each of them of gave a hug to Seunghyun and patted his back or ruffle his hair. Jiyong even gave a peck on his cheek.

“Welcome to the family Lee Seunghyun” I walk up towards him and begin to ruffle his hair. I saw his cute little cheek blush with happiness.

“Thank you” he cried with joy.

This is great. We have a little brother that complete our big family. I know we will give him the love he needs. I will protect each of my siblings. Care for them. Also, be a great hyung to them. I hope they all treat me with care too. I love my big family and hope nothing will break us apart. 

~to be continue~

Author note: Okay next will be their teenage life. Like I said this is gonna be a slow story to get to the main point. Also, I would like to thank you all for subscribing the story. I am glad you like it. Thank you for commenting it too. I will try my best with this story.