Chapter 1

Lost

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSKvkGfqdTQHSri9a_W3IP

~ChoiSeungHyun POV~ 12-year-old ChoiSeunghyun

Chapter one- Another family member

Being the oldest is a tough job. I was the only child until my mom adopted three little boys. At first, I thought it would be fun to have dongsaengs but in a way, it is kinda annoying. They enjoying playing with each other, especially to mess with their hyung (me seen I am the oldest). They break my toys. They kept messing with the oldest stuff. They want the oldest attention. When they are in trouble, I get scolded for them because I hate seeing their baby sad face. I sometimes have to take care of them while eomma works. Sometimes it is hard to scold them if they get into fights but they must learn. However, I do not regret being their hyung. 

This started when eomma and I lost appa from cars accident. I was five at the time. I did my best to cheered my mom but I did not know how since I was still somewhat a baby with little memories. Eomma told me that she was in depression for a year. I did not remember much when she was depressed but I did know she suffered so much from losing appa. She really did loved appa. I bet I did too since I have little memory of him. Two years passed,(I was 7), was when Dong Youngbae and Kwon Jiyong joined our family. 

My eomma told me she adopted them from a foster care. I thought she was crazy for having two strange children in our family household. But, just by looking at her warm smiled for each of those two boys made me cried a little. I cried with joyed and let every pain in my small heart go. Well... that is what eomma told me. She said she gave me a hug and told me "You are very strong for holding your emotions for your eomma. I am very proud of you Choi Seunghyun" She said. I burst out crying when she said that. Even Youngbae and Jiyong joined us in our embraced that time.

Youngbae and Jiyong got along with me so fast. They tend to follow me around so much and my mom thought it was cute. "It is not cute!" I blushed. 

"Hyung! Let's play" Jiyong shouted with excitement. Jiyong is a bit hyper and selfish when he was six. He sometimes does not want to share me with Youngbae. However, Youngbae, he is a bit caring and sometimes hit Jiyong if he has done something wrong. They are the same age but three months apart. Youngbae birthday is on May 18 while Jiyong is August 18 year XXXX.  

"Ya! Jiyong! I want to play with hyung too!" shouted Youngbae. They were annoying when they were so small. 

2 years passed after Youngbae and Jiyong joined the family (I was 9)

It was raining at the time, I remember, I was sitting on the couch with Youngbae sleeping on my lap while Jiyong was sleeping on my shoulder. We were watching some movie that I cannot remember.

"I am home" I pop my little head to see the entrance of our door seeing our eomma holding a small boy on her arms wrapped with blankets. "Why does it look like she is bringing an animal? " I thought. 

Youngbae and Jiyong open their eyes by hearing our eomma coming inside the house. They both ran towards her but stop when they saw her holding a little boy.

"Who is that?" Said Youngbae.

Eomma place the little boy on the couch near me. His eyes are closed because he was sleeping. He seems angelic for some odd reason. Jiyong could not hold his excitement and poke his chubby cheeks. It was cute in a way.

"Eomma! Is he going to live us?" Shouted Jiyong.

"Shh, and yes, he is going to live with us, he is your new little brother Jiyong. Now, you get to be a hyung." Eomma said with a cheerful smiled and ruffled Jiyong hair.

I look down at the boy. I was going to ask for his name but Youngbae beat me to it, "What's his name?" 

"Kang Daesung," She said. 

"Kang Daesung" Jiyong repeated. Eomma nodded. "Kang Daesung I will be your best hyung!" Jiyong kissed Kang Daesung on his forehead. 

"'That is not fair Ji! You are not the only hyung you know!" Next, it was Youngbae that kissed Daesung on the forehead. They both turn their head and stared at me even eomma joined the stare. I felt uncomfortable at the time. They expect me to kiss Daesung but it was too late, he woke up.

"Auntie?" Daesung got up and rubbed his eyes. He was half asleep. He looks around at his hyung. He begins to cry. He was such a cried baby but it can't be help seen he lost both his parents. I heard he was the only one to survive at his burning house and the parents left a will that they want our eomma to take care of Daesung. I remember that I was the one that hugs him tight and embraces him to let him cry on my shoulders. Jiyong got jealous and join as well. Same with Youngbae. We all 4 hugged each other. 

"My four boys" Is what I heard from my eomma. 

Back to the present (12)

We live in a countryside with a 6 bedroom, 1 kitchen, 2 living rooms and 3 bathrooms. 

I thought Daesung would be our maknae. Until it was me and Jiyong that brought another boy.(I'm surprised that it wasn't eomma. I can see why I am related to her ^^) 

It was summer. So we were on a break from school. I was watching over  my dongsaengs. All three of them were playing games. I guess they are racing with each other. They all love to come to my room and play games in my room. I cannot have peace. I even have a friend name Hyunbae that wanted to come to my house and play. But how can I? If I don't have peace!? They don't want to share me even when my friends come over.

"Seunghyun! Can you come down! I need a favor from you!" I heard eomma called me from downstairs. 

I sigh. I got up from my bed and throw my book on my bed. Jiyong saw me got up and started to follow me. "Jiyong, mom called me not you," I said without turning and walking down the stairs. "I know," he said and still following me down the stair. 

I spotted eomma washing the dishes. "Seunghyun can you go to the grocery store, the one that is down the hill to buy milk" She wiped her wet hands with a small towel. 

"Okay" I nodded

"Ah eomma can I go with hyung!" Jiyong cheerfully said.

"Of course" She took her wallet out of the purse to lend me some money. "Take Jiyong and please take care of him, he tend to jump a lot" she giggled and mess ruffles his hair. 

"Kay" I took Jiyong hand. I never complain every time I make errand with my little brothers. I guess you can say I am already used to it. 

 

After we got out from the store. Jiyong kept jumping a lot again. I try to get his hand but he cannot stop hopping around like a crazy bunny. "Jiyong give me your hand and stop jumping" I was irritated for missing his hand.

"Hyung! try to catch me!" He started to run up the hill until he slipped. 

"JIYONG!" I dash toward Jiyong. He rolled down the hill and  hit his head on a garbage can. I throw the milk away and caught up to Jiyong. "BABO! I told you to give me your hand!" Jiyong got up and rub the back of his head "Ouch..." That is what he get from running up the hill. "Are you okay?" I check if he got any cuts on his leg or arms. I then shift my hand on his head to see if he has a bump. He only has small scratches. Nothing serious. "Idiot"

"Sorry-" He stop of whatever he was gonna say. His eyes seem to be fixed on something. I turn around and see a small boy lying on the ground near an ally. Oh, man is he okay? Jiyong got up and ran towards him "Ya Jiyong!"  I called his name but he ignores it. What!? He is ignoring his hyung! Not once he did that. Still he needs to be careful. What if that kid is a bad or something. 

Jiyong grabs a stick and pokes the boy's back with the stick. OH MAN! Is he serious! "YA JIYONG ARE YOU CRAZY?" 

"Hyung! I think he still alive" If he is alive, why is he still poking him with the stick. "Okay okay stop poking him with the stick" I took the stick away from him and Jiyong pouted. That stupid pout.  Anyway, my eyes shifted away from Jiyong and look at the boy. I place my finger under his nose and he seems to be breathing. 

"What should we do. Should we call the police!?" Then suddenly the boy grab Jiyong arm. "No!" He coughed. "NO! THEY will take me back to my foster home and I hate going there!" that was the last thing he said and fainted again. This boy probably has not eaten. He really does not want to go back to the foster home. 

"Hyung! what should we do!!" I can see Jiyong panicking. I calm down and thought that the best way is to take him with us. 

"Come on, Jiyong lets take him with us to our eomma." I got up and patted Jiyong head. Jiyong nodded and got up as well. "Now help me put him on my back" Jiyong picks him up. He notices something, "He feels so light hyung!" He has worrisome eyes. I turn my head to see that his shirt was a bit up since Jiyong was holding him from behind. I saw that he has some cuts and bruises. Oh no, he must be through so much pain. "Hurry Ji!" He places the boy on my back. Jiyong was right. He does feel so light. "We must hurry to eomma, maybe she can help" Jiyong nodded at my response. 

 

We arrived home.

Youngbae and Daesung were the first to greet us but stop because they saw a dirty boy on my back." Call mom" I huffed. It was hard to carry someone and walking up the hill with the sun burning us. It took some of my energy.

Daesung rush inside our home and grabbed eomma outside, "Hurry, hurry eomma! Hyung has a boy on his back and he seems sick" Mom rush with Daesung "Okay okay, I am coming" 

She gasped at the sight of the boy.  I know eomma is sensitive with children. This probably is killing her heart. "Aigoo! What happen to him and why is he with you?Shouldn't you call an ambulance or a police? " Mom grabbed the boy on my back and slowly walk inside. 

"We were but he said not to"  reply Jiyong.

"Really?" Youngbae turns his head to me. I nodded the answer that it was true. I do wonder why he does not want to go back to his home. Oh right. "'He said that he did not want to go home," I said with the full story. 

Eomma place the boy on a bed in an empty room. She took his shirt and raise it ."Omo he has so many bruises and cuts!? How?" She turns her head towards us but Jiyong and I just shrugged because we do not know either. 

"Eomma we should take care of him" Daesung suggested. 

"I want to Daesung but what if he does not want to live with us?" She places her hand on Daesung and patted gently.

"I want to be a hyung," Daesung said truthfully. I guessed he really want a little brother. 

"I wonder what is his name" Youngbae followed inside my room and sat a chair near the door with his arm around his neck and leg crossed. I swear Youngbae always try to act cool. 

"Um...Lee Seunghyun...hyung he has the same name as you" Jiyong perk up while holding a tag on the boy shirt. 

The boy the same name as me? I look at the tag that Jiyong is holding. "Lee.....Seunghyun....this must be fate" I joked. Jiyong giggled and look back at little Seunghyun. His eyes seem different when he is looking at little Seunghyun. Like he wants to protect him from harm. If we do have him in our family. I can tell we will spoil him so much. I hope Seunghyun will be part of our family. 

 

-To be continued-

 

Be patient for the main point, I just want to introduce of how they are a family. Hope you like it :)