Chapter 5

Lost

Chapter 5: As a Hyung.

~Daesung POV~ (Age 14)

 

Just here waiting for my dongsaeng outside of the school gates. I just finish my cooking club activities. Seunghyun should be out by now. It is already 20 minutes late. I wonder what he is up to.

“Hyung!” I turn to see my dongsaeng rushing towards me, however, I do not like the sight of seeing how a mess he is. He got a black eye! His arm seems to have small bruises. His uniform shirt is a bit torn from the side of his shoulder. 

“What happen to you?” Then the thought had hit me. He was bullied again. “Seunghyun we should tell our hyungs now! This is getting out of hand dongsaeng!” I shouted.

“I don’t want to, I remember you told me that you were bullied and our hyungs almost killed the guy who bullied you, I don’t want them to be aggressive toward the guy who bully me” He shout back. I feel so angry. Why does he care so much about the people who hates him? Though, I cannot say anything because it was true what he said. Before Lee Seunghyun joins the family, I was the one who was bullied. When my hyungs found out. They really hurt the boy really bad that he had to go to the hospitals. I remember mom had to say sorry to the boy’s mom but the boy’s mom said it was her child fault and apologize to me. I regret telling that story to my maknae

I calm my anger down. I do worry about my dongsaeng. Ever since I first found out, I was going to tell our hyungs but he stopped me. I remember he even begged for me not tell. It was so hard because I feel guilty when hyung asked what happen to Lee Seunghyun. I wish I can do something.

“Oh, he still here!” We both turn around and see a tall boy with two other kids next to him. They look like thugs but they are kids too. I am guessing these are the guys who bully my little brother. I can feel the anger rising again. Usually, I don’t get angry but they hurt my little brother!

I step up, “Hyung what are you doing? You going to get hurt!?” My little brother cried and tug my shirt.

“Oh, big brother is going to step up, ” said the kid.

“I bet he is a weak loser just like his little brother! Heck, they are not even related! Leave the boy! This has nothing to do with you! Save your and leave you idiot “brother” to us.” I felt little Seunghyun buried his face on my shoulder. Those words probably hurt him. “Hyung, let’s go…” I heard he voice crack. These….bastards. (I rarely curse)

“So what! He still my little brother” I ran towards and punch him in the face.

“Hyung!”

“Aish” The boy got up and lay a punch on me too.

From there we started fighting. I took all the punches for Seunghyun. The fight stop when I hit the oldest with the wooden stick and hit his area. Well, he fainted and the two other boys just grab him and said they will stop messing with Seunghyun.

 

The sun is about to set. Seunghyun and I are walking up the hill, silently. He is helping me to walk up since I’ve been injured so much. I can see that Seunghyun has worrisome eyes. I bet he was scared but he did help me a little. Well, I am just glad is nothing serious. Sure, I have my shirt torn off complete, I have a few bite marks and scratches, and my cheek is swollen. But this nothing.  I am a hyung. Hyungs are supposed to protect the little ones.

I believe this is how we got closer though because this was not the first time this happen. When I first met little Seunghyun. I was happy to become a hyung but I never thought it was tough because I could not say a word to him. I do not know what to do or how to play with him. I was used to being a little brother.

But that awkwardness broke apart. I was taking Seunghyun for some ice cream. It was hot outside and we wanted something to cool us down. Then, Seunghyun bumps into some older teenage boy. His ice cream messes with that boy’s shirt. The boy cursed and grab Seunghyun by his shirt. I rushed and kicked the teenage boy in his area and grabbed Seunghyun for a run. After that, Seunghyun becomes to follow me a lot. I even see Jiyong jealous eyes. Youngbae thought it was cute. Seunghyun hyung just laugh at Jiyong because of his jealousy. I smirked. I was little Seunghyun hero. Day by day, we become close.

But when I found out he was bullied by those three boys, I was about to do something about it. Like I said he stop me and said he can handle it. I remember those words that he told me “I am not a little boy anymore, I can handle this on my own” I felt hurt. Hurt, because he did not want me to protect him from last time. Sure, he is grown teen. He is 13 years old. I’m pretty sure he is trying not to rely on his hyung. I guess he realizes he was pretty spoiled and probably does not like that now. I’m glad they will stop messing with him.

“What are we going to do?” He asked with concern eyes. We both made it home but we did not enter our house because the way how we look. We so beat up.

Before he got bullied, I did tell him how our hyungs is overprotective. Because of that, he does not want to our hyungs to know how much he gets beat up.

“Don’t worry, I will handle this” I slowly open the door nervously and we both to a step and enter our house. I can feel Seungri trembling behind my back with his hands on my shoulders. 

“Daesung!  Seunghyun! You guys are late!  You are lucky that eomma is not home …yet” It was Seunghyun hyung that shout at us but stop because of our wounds. “What the hell happen to you guys!?” Seunghyun hyung gasped. I saw Youngbae and Jiyong peek to see why our hyung is yelling. They both gasp of our sight and ran towards us.

“My panda! My dongsaeng! What happen!? Are you guys okay!?” Jiyong checks each of our body.

“Who did this to you guys!?” Youngbae touched my face and saw how swollen my cheeks are. Jiyong gasp to see his panda with a black eye.

“Out with it!” Seunghyun hyung shouting scared me. I know he is mad. Just by us not saying anything, is not making any better. I can feel he is impatient.

“Let them sit down first hyung,” said Youngbae and slowly guide me to the couch while Jiyong guides little Seunghyun to the couch too. We both sat down not even making eye contact.

“So, speak now!”

“Um…” the only lie I can think of is, “Seunghyun and I, got into an argument and well it went straight to violence. “ I said it low but Youngbae caught it.

“What were you guys fighting about?”

“Well…” Man did not know what else to think. They all have their eyes one me. I feel so nervous. I cannot bring the words coming out of my mouth.

“We argued because I was jealous of Daesung, for liking the same girl as I do” I turn with my eyes shock to see little Seunghyun. He was confident in his words, hiding the fact that he is lying. He glances at me and he is giving me that vibe like he is trying to say “I got your back hyung, don’t worry.” Is he crazy!? We will get scolded for a stupid reason. “Yeah, so I punch hyung and hyung punch me for defensive and that how the fight started” he finish the lie.

My heart kept beating because they have not said a word. They all look at each other, probably wondering what to do. Finally, it was Seunghyun hyung that steps up and scolds us. I knew this will happen. But we had no other choice, we both accept the Seunghyun hyung scolding. The only thing I got from that scolding is “You guys should not fight over a girl, girls come and go and brothers stick together” from there I zoom out because, well we know that. I wouldn’t like the same girl that my brothers like. Is weird. Also, throughout the whole lecturing, me and Seungri kept our hands lock to each other for support.

Eomma came and our brothers explain everything to her. All she did was patch up our wounds and made us head to bed. She even ground us from using our phones now. Well, this is what we get. I deserve it. I did not want little Seunghyun to get in trouble but he said he is fine with it.

Everyone is asleep. Expect me. I am a terrible little brother for hiding this from our hyungs. The guilt is eating me. I cannot stand this. I have to tell Seunghyun hyung and mom.  

I was about to get up but little Seunghyun, open my door, “psst …Hyung are you awake?” He whispered.

“Yeah, what is up?” I whisper back.

Little Seunghyun let himself in and join with me on my bed. “I cannot sleep… I felt bad that you took the trouble because of me” this brat.

“Ya, maknae! Don’t take all the blame for yourself, it is my fault too.” I hit his head.

“Ouch sorry, but is true… if only-“ I had enough so I attack him by covering the blanket over us. “Please do not take the blame dongsaeng. Let me take the blame too” I said and hold his little hand.

“Sniff, sniff” I see tears running down his cheek. He begins to cry and attack me tight with his hug. “Sorry hyung, I will be a better maknae for you. I will not cause any trouble. Also, thank you for not tell them the truth.” I felt my heart tight and my throat dry. I want to cry with him but I have to hold it in. I patted his back to comfort him.  I guess this will be our secret now. I am glad I am the one that protects him.

No matter what. I will always be there by his side. Even if he want to hide something from our hyungs. I will help in any ways he needs. I love my dongsaeng. I love my family. Hope we stick together until death apart us. 

~to be continue~

Author note: Okay, each of them have their time for the little maknae. Now prepare for the next one! Thanks again for your support.