스물 두

Ambivalent
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Thud.

Minji dragged herself back to reality when she heard a thud on her desk. She blinked a few times before looking at the person who did that which happen to be standing across her desk. She gave him a confuse look as the guy gave her the same look as well

"Are you going to talk?" He asked and so, she made a face. The guy came out of nowhere and now he's asking her a random question. Who even invited him? "Come on, Minji. Don't leave me hanging." He suddenly shook her left arm. Minji yanked his hand away from her arm and continued reading her book. "I owe you nothing." She said cooly and focus on the book.

"Actually you do." He insisted. "Yeah? What is that?" She raised her brow although she was still reading. "Why did you and Wonho fight? He won't tell me, you're my last hope." the male pleaded and shook her arm again. "Consider the answer as no." Minji answered and pulled her arm away from his hold as she placed it on her lap, away from his reach.

"If you won't tell me, I will yell and get both of us kicked out and then I'll force the truth out of you." he threatened in a whisper. Minji kept quiet for a while, considering his threat. Getting kick out would be embarrassing, and she can't risk her reputation, not to mention she's a regular at this very library. She then sighed when she knew she had lost the game.

"What do you want, Hyungwon?"

The named male flashed a Cheshire grin as he knew victory was in his hands. "Okay, why did the two of you fight?" He asked as he brought his face closer to the girl across the table. Minji rolled her eyes as she closed her reference book and eyed the male. "Why do you want to know?" she asked, slight annoyance in her voice. She was hoping not to talk about this anymore.

"Because... The two of you are the most favourite people in my life." He sugar-coated his words and again, the girl rolled her eyes at his sense. Minji let out a sigh before she decided to tell her story. "God, I hate to talk about this." She started as she told him the whole thing and it made the talkative boy, silent. He blinked his eyes a few times while processing the story.

"Well, did he come to say sorry?" He asked as he furrowed his eyebrows. Hyungwon too was surprised to hear this side of his friend. "He did three days ago, but I wasn't in the mood to talk so I ran." Minji answered. Hyungwon couldn't translate the girl's emotions at the moment. It was vague.

"Did he call you after that?" Hyungwon asked again as he wanted to make sure. "Only like 20 times a day." Minji said and somehow that made Hyungwon

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter