서른 네

Ambivalent
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"No, seriously. I'm telling you, I'm fine. You don't have to come over."

"Jungyeon, we promised that we won't lie to each other and I'm telling you the truth. No, for real- listen to me- you two don't have-"

"Hello?" Minji pulled her phone from her ear and glanced at the screen. Jungyeon had just ended their conversation with a 'No, we're still coming and you can't stop us.' Minji sighed and shoved her phone back into her pocket. She took a last sip from her latte before throwing the empty plastic cup into the trashcan as she walked out of the cafe.

She fasten her steps back home as she was worried that her friends might already be standing in front of her house, or they're already standing inside her house. She didn't know how, but the news about the fight had gotten to them real fast. Chaeyoung called her that night asking if she needed someone to talk to. Honestly, she was touched by that.

Unfortunately for Chaeyoung, she didn't feel sad at all. Maybe it was because she had expected a break up from the start? From when they first fought with each other. However, she wouldn't say that her mind wasn't occupied. Oh, it was. Badly.

The reason she managed to answer Chaeyoung's call was because she couldn't fall asleep at all. She had been thinking of what Changkyun said to her and also the flashbacks kept flooding her. It was madness. She didn't know what she was feeling, it felt like guilt. However, she could tell that guilt wasn't the right word. It was frustrating because she didn't know what to describe her feelings.

As she walked towards her house, she noticed a car parked close to her house. However, since it was an unfamiliar one she thought it was probably one of her neighbour's car and ignored it. Just as she was about to step at the doorsteps, she felt someone yanking her arm from behind. Minji's whole body was pulled back from where she was standing.

When she turned around, she was faced with someone she was in the least of mood to see. Immediately, anger gushed through her as soon as she saw his face. She remembered perfectly what he did to her. His words were what she hated the most. He lied to her when she actually trusted him. Heck, he even covered for the fault's.

"What do you want?" Minji groaned and rolled her eyes. She didn't give him a chance to answer and walked towards her house door instead. "Wait, Minji. Just hear me out first." The male stopped her, but obviously it wasn't working because she was upset and disappointed with him. How could she not? She hated being lie to.

"Hyungwon?" Another female's voice spoke before Minji could even shoo the male away. The two looked back and saw Jungyeon and Chaeyoung standing there, looking confused. "Oh, you came." Minji said s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter