Ambivalent
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Wake up lazybum!"

Minji groaned and tossed around her bed, she wasn't in the mood to listen to her mother's alarm. It was summer anyway, who'd ever wake so early on the first day of summer? However, Mrs. Kang wasn't an easy person. She looked in disbelief at her daughter on the bed, it was already nine in the morning and she refused to wake up.

"You better get up or I'll take away your phone-"

"I'm up!"

Minji yelled immediately and shot up from her bed, she heard her mother laughing as she exited the room. Having no guts to go back to sleep, she head into her bathroom and freshen up. She walked down for breakfast, which she happen to cook by herself since she woke up late.

The teenage girl opened the refrigerator and tried to look for anything that she could simply make for breakfast, but to her hollow there was absolutely nothing. "Mum, there's nothing to eat." she whined. "Serves you right for waking up late." Her mother replied before grabbing her bag to head out of the house.

"Here, go out and eat. Don't you try to skip breakfast." Mrs. Kang warned as she handed her only daughter some money. She bid her goodbye with a kiss on the cheek and left to work. After her mother left, she went upstairs to change into something better and head out. Alone. She tried calling Wonho but he didn't answer.

Minji thought maybe he was too tired and just like she stated earlier, no one wakes up early on the first day of summer. With a sigh, she locked the front door and started walking out of the neighbourhood.

An idea struck her mind, she could ask Yoona to join her but she didn't want it to be awkward since they just met. So, in the end she had to have breakfast all by herself. She walked alone at the street, the sun shining and it was heating her up. Minji decided to fasten her pace so that she didn't have to face the weather outside.

She saw the shop and felt excited immediately, so she half-ran. Just when she was about to reach the shop's door, she accidentally hit someone causing both of them to fall down. "Ouch." both of them graoned.

Minji opened her eyes and look at the male in front of her, his voice sounded familiar. "Sorry." he apologised first and stood up, Minji saw his hand in front of her, offering a help. When she finally stood up and face him, her expression changed. Her heart started to beat in a fast pace, she finally realise who it was.

"Ch-Changkyun?"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter