열한

Ambivalent
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When night came, Minji can't even shut her eyes closed. Sure, she was exhausted after three rounds of pool volleyball. As a normal being, she should feel tired by now and finally drift into a deep sleep like those two girls in her room. Minji would caught the two of them snoring once in a while, it was probably because they were tired because those two girls wouldn't stop moving.

They wanted to do everything in one day, they played a lot, they swam a lot, they eat a lot and they talked a lot for the whole day. Thank God it was finally night, she can finally rest peacefully without those two yapping all the time.

However, she can't do that. She didn't feel sleepy anymore, she can't even keep her eyelids close for a minute her body wasn't tired. Even after all those games? she sighed to herself. She didn't want to be tired and unenergetic for the next day because it was going to be their first trip in Rome! She wanted to do so many and she needed the energy.

Just as the girl was contemplating with herself, she noticed her phone buzzing as light beamed from her phone underneath the covers. Minji grabbed her phone which was hidden somewhere under her blanket and tried to see if it was a message from her mother. Unfortunately, it wasn't from her mother, but it was from Changkyun, her saviour of the day.

'Are you sleeping?'

'Yes'

Minji replied to his question, seriously his question was really unnecessary and probably the stupidest one to start a late night conversation. At least she had something to do until she feel sleepy that is. Minji waited for his reply, but he never did so she assumed he fell asleep. She scrunched her nose at the thought and put her phone aside as she tried to fall into sleep.

Out of the blue, her phone started ringing and it surprised her. Quickly, she tried to reach for her phone without looking as it was near her, but she can't find it. She turned to her left and grabbed it, immediately taking a look at the ID, she grinned when she saw Changkyun's caller ID on Skype.

"I thought you fell asleep." Minji said first and she could actually hear him smilling through the phone. "I was about to, y'know." he said, Minji wanted to say something but stopped when Changkyun spoke first. "-But since you replied, I decided to call." he said. His words were normal, nothing special behind it but Minji felt flattered.

"So?" Changkyun's voice dragged her back to reality, she just didn't know what to say after his reply. All she knew now is that she was having a hard time to sleep and she still wasn't feeling drowsy. "I can't sleep. Help." her voice became a whisper out of a sudden, she was afraid that she might wake up her friends and they all might ended up not sleeping at all.

"Hmm, let me tell you boring stories then."

Changkyun voiced after a moment of silence between the two, Minji raised her brow at the idea. She didn't think he was serious but he kept insisting, he was like a child. "Okay, okay fine. But what am I going to do if I still can't sleep?" Minji asked beforehand, she was still worried about being unenergetic for the next day.

"Don't worry, I have thousands of them. I'm sure you'll sleep after hearing one of it." He chuckled,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter