마흔두

Ambivalent
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Minji's mind were occupied with what she would like to call memories. She kept on recalling those memories of her school trip at Rome. It felt real now that she was actually in Vatican City, the same place where both of them caused trouble. She would be lying if she said she didn't miss him. She did, like crazy.

To her, no one could replace his spot. Moving on was hard, and truthfully she couldn't fully move on at all. Some of her still hoped that she had a chance with Changkyun, or at least see him again after five years of lost contact. She regretted of how stubborn she was to not bid him goodbye for the last time and cried in her room with her friends instead.

Well, what can I do? It's too late anyway. She sighed to herself, it was true. She didn't even have his number and she wasn't going to ask her friends or her family for his number they're going to think that something was going on and-

"Sorry." she muttered in Italian but she heard the male muttered it in English. For some reasons, it felt like Déjà Vu but the girl shrugged it off and stood up quickly to leave. She wasn't in the mood to deal with foreigners. Just as she was about to walk away, she felt the male holding onto her wrist. This made her annoyed.

"Sir, it's fi-"

"Minji." the sound of his voice made her silent. Minji was facing the other side so she didn't get to see whoever was holding her wrist but his voice explained everything and she was scared to see if it was real. Involuntarily, her hands started shaking and it was inevitably noticable for the male.

"Sorry, I think you got the wrong person." Minji said it English and pulled her hand away, her heart was beating so fast it could popped out of her ribcage anytime. Again, just as she was about to make a move the man stopped her. "Oh, but I'm sure this bracelet is yours." he said. Minji brought her wrist to her heart and noticed that her bracelet was gone. His bracelet.

She had no choice, so she had to turn around. However, she didn't look at the man at all. She kept her gaze at the bracelet in his hand and took it from him when he handed it. Just as she was about to take it, he grabbed onto her hands which involuntarily made her look up right to his face. Minji swallowed hard, it was him.

"Minji, it really is you." Changkyun flashed her a warm smile. A smile that still made her heart beating like crazy. However, Minji stayed frozen. She said nothing. She didn't know what to feel, it was mixed. She was angry, happy, touched, flushed, everything. Out of a sudden, tears started rolling down her cheeks.

The girl started crying and she couldn't stop. Changkyun reacted fast and pulled her into his embrace. He didn't say anything and kept hugging her, he knew she would react somewhat like this. It made him feel even more guiltier for what he did to her.

"You liar! You lied to me!" Minji cried and kept hitting him. It was funny for Changkyun to see her this way, but nonetheless he felt guilty. He couldn't imagine what she had gone through. He brought his hand on top of her head and started it. "You promised me you never leave me! I hate you!" she cried.

"You know what? You didn't let me finish." Changkyun said shortly which caused Minji to stop crying, but she wasn't ready to lift her face. Instead, she kept facing his chest. "Finish what?" she asked. "That night, the night you said y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter