서른한

Ambivalent
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

School was gloomy for Minji and her friends. She wasn't in the mood to talk much and none of her friends dare to ask her about it as they all knew the answer already. All she did was nod, shrug, and blinked not more than that. It was killing them, especially Chaeyoung and Jungyeon. They felt useless because they couldn't do anything for her.

Countless times Jungyeon wanted to settle this for her, that is with violence but Chaeyoung would always stop her as she knew how Minji wouldn't want her friends to be involved in this. It was madness, everyone experienced the affects one way or another. Also, it was frustrating because they couldn't talk with her about it.

"You know what, I can't stand this anymore." Jungyeon said as soon as their final class for the day ended. Chaeyoung looked at her confusedly before witnessing her friend sprinting along the hallway. Chaeyoung could sense trouble so she ran after her before something unwanted happen.

"Jung-"

Chaeyoung didn't bother to finish calling her name when the girl was already with Minji, by the lockers. "Minji, talk to us please! It's killing me." Jungyeon said as she shook the girl's arm. "What is there to talk about?" Minji shrugged her shoulders and shut her locker. "Hello, something just happened to your relationship with your boyfriend and you're telling me there's nothing to talk about?" Jungyeon asked, she couldn't believe her ears.

"Fine, I broke up with him. Happy?" Minji asked and rolled her eyes as she walked away from her friends. It was killing her inside at the mention of her relationship. She didn't want to talk about it, she wanted to forget about it. Yes, she was running away from it.

"That's all? Talk to me! I don't like seeing you this way." Jungyeon pulled the girl back towards her. Without them realising, Minji started crying and the two girls immediately hugged her. Both of them almost teared up when they held each other by the lockers. Luckily, most of the students had left the school so they won't have to face embarrassment.

After a whole period of crying the three girls finally stop and broke the hug as Minji wiped her tears, which was wetting her face. Minji then found herself chuckling at how pathetic they were although she was touched by their strong bond. All of them ended up chuckling at themselves before hugging each other yet again, with a smile on each of their faces.

"Thanks guys. Really that just made me feel a million times better." Minji said

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter