스물

Ambivalent
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Hey, is something bothering you?"

Changkyun nudged the girl beside him. He noticed she kept spacing out the whole time the two were walking. She seemed tired as well, not to mention bothered. He could tell by their eleven, ignore the years they've been separated, of friendship.

Minji raised her eyebrows at first when she heard him questioning but then she shook her head as she, herself didn't know what was occupying her mind. She kept her vision up front and walked forward, not realising she left the boy steps behind her. Changkyun stared at her back confusedly before rushing up towards her. He knew something was off and he needed to find out.

"Yeah, obviously there is something you're not telling me." Changkyun pestered as he tried to catch the peer's attention. Minji felt slightly annoyed because she remembered how their last conversation about her and Wonho's relationship went with Changkyun. So, she thought it would be best if he was the last person she'd talk to.

Minji kept quiet as she made her way through the crowds of people. Changkyun had to struggle to keep up with the girl who was currently further away from him. Just how fast can she walk? he thought as he didn't take his eyes off her. He kept apologising to people he would bump into the whole time he tried catching up to her.

Changkyun had to apologise to a woman before he realised that the girl he wad chasing had disappeared. He looked around the crowd of people, trying to search for his friend again as he couldn't spot her at all. Then, he almost panicked. Just the thought of Minji getting lost worries him as he knew she could be overreacting at times. Let's just say that she wasn't the best in critical thinking.

"Changkyun, let's go. We're going to miss the train." The named male looked in front of him only to see the girl he was looking for. Minji grabbed her friend's hand and they both stood at a less crowded spot as they waited for the train. Changkyun then realised something as he caught himself staring at her. He realised how much different Minji had become.

She used to panic a lot when she claimed herself to be 'lost'. She just easily panicked when she couldn't spot the person she was walking with out of a sudden, she was always scared of being lost and alone. So, he would always worry when he couldn't see her close by, but it seemed different now. She grew up, he didn't know when but she did and he can't help but to smile.

"You're different now." the words spilled out from his mouth.

"Huh?" Minji raised her eyebrow at his sudden statement. She wasn't really paying attention to what he was saying, her mind was just full of things she couldn't even explain. She then noticed a warm smile forming on his face.

"You're different." he repeated. "How so?" Minji asked as she looked at him. "You used to be so scared when I lost you, now look at you." He said and Minji couldn't helo but to look down at the floor. She didn't want to remember it as it was an embarrassing memory for her. It actually continued even after Changkyun left her and it disappeared when she was in highschool.

The two fell silent again as they boarded the train, they even had to squeeze themselves close to each other as the subway was packed for the day. When the train was about to move, most of the passengers who didn't hold on to something jolted backwards and Minji happened to be one of them. Luckily, Changkyun who was standing behind her caught the girl from falling.

Minji heard a chuckle from him as he kept his ha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter