스물 일곱

Ambivalent
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Call me if you need anything, honey. We'll be back on Wednesday."

"Don't worry, Mum." Minji nodded understandingly as she bid her parents goodbye. They had to go to another state for work, as always. And so, she thought she would have the whole house to herself for three days. Unfortunately, that wasn't it. She had to, by force, to stay with Changkyun and his family until they get back on Wednesday.

"Be good, okay." Mrs. Kang reminded her before kissing her forehead. "Don't worry Mrs. Kang, I'll take care of her." Changkyun added and Mrs. Kang just smiled. After Minji's parents took their leave, Minji and Changkyun proceeded to head to school. She was still uneasy with the idea of staying with someone else's family because she was better off by herself, but her parents just won't trust her.

"C'mon Minji, it won't be that bad. I'm going to be there anyway." Changkyun slung an arm around her neck as they got down from the bus. "Yeah, exactly." Minji slightly glared at him. She wasn't used to his family yet, heck she was awkward as well when she stayed at Chaeyoung's house last year. She groaned at the thought of spending her first night there today.

Changkyun chuckled a bit when he noticed her behaviour. Well, he knew how she was always the awkward type of girl. They arrived to school a bit earlier and Changkyun decided to accompany the girl to her locker, still with his arm around her shoulders.

"Hey Min-"

"What are you doing?"

Both Minji and Changkyun looked away from each other and up front to the source of the voice. Minji's eyes rounded in delight as she walked away from Changkyun's hold and into another person's embrace. Again, Changkyun felt a pang in his heart. It was exactly the same when the three met at the shopping mall. She left his side again.

"What are you doing here?" Minji asked and released the hug from her boyfriend. "Ah, Hyungwon left his phone at my house yesterday so I wanted to give it to him but I guess he's not here yet, huh?" Wonho said and grinned afterwards. "I can give it to him, we're in the same class anyway." Minji offered. "You two are in the same class?" Wonho asked, his eyes rounded.

"Why didn't any of you tell me? He must bother you a lot, huh?" Wonho asked and patted her head. "We're deskmates as well." Minji added causing Wonho to laugh. Changkyun on the other hand, wasn't amused at all. He wanted it to end now, it was irritating for him. Wonho however, noticed that. It was becoming a competition.

"Alright then, I'm pretty sure you have class so I'll be going now." Wonho handed her the Eiffel Tower's phone before planting a kiss on top of her head. After he left, Minji turned to Changkyun, she could see that he wasn't like how he was 10 minuted ago. "Let's go, Changkyun. We're going to be late." Minji pulled him and they headed to their block

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter