Ambivalent
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Apparently the two decided to go for a walk around the town as Changkyun said that he wanted to know the ways better so he wouldn't get lost or something one day. Minji didn't realise she would easily accept his request, guess she still can't stand him. The whole time Minji was showing the way, she can't stop playing with her bracelet.

She didn't know why, but she didn't want to let go of the object. It was the same when Changkyun first gave her the bracelet, a week before his disappearance though. She just felt the itch to touch that thing, to make sure it's secure in her wrist, so that she could never lose it.

Changkyun who noticed this, couldn't help but to chuckle. He wasn't expecting for her to like it that much, it was just a simple gift from him. He had that ever since he was a kid. He and his family were on a trip to Thailand when that bracelet caught his eyes and he really liked it. So, when he received the news that they were moving he thought he should hand Minji something he truly treasured.

"It's not going anywhere you know that?" Changkyun when she didn't reply to his statement a while ago. "Huh?" Minji looked at him, but her right hand was still holding the bracelet. "This." Changkyun said as he pulled her right hand upwards. Minji finally realised how she didn't stop playing with his gift and finally let go of it.

"You like it that much, huh?"

He said as he grabbed her left hand and pulled it closer to his face, he twisted her hand to examined the bracelet he gave her six years ago. Minji on the other hand was startled by his sudden touchy actions. Doesn't he know I still feel awkward around him? she thought as she watched him examined her wrist.

"It looks perfectly the same like when I bought it nine years ago, how did you do that?" he commented and finally let go of her hand. The girl felt relieved as she can finally breathe again. She could've swore she wasn't breathing when he held her hand.

"That is um... a secret." she answered awkwardly. Changkyun noticed that from the very first start they met in front of the cafe, and he had been trying to get rid of that awkward atmosphere and talk like the used to. However, now he realised how much of a problem he had caused the two of them and he wished to fix it.

He shook his head at that thought and focused on the girl in front of him. "Secretive much." he teased as he elbow-ed her, Minji laughed nervously because she noticed the sudden change in h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter