서른 아홉

Ambivalent
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Do you have a country or a city you'd want to visit one day?"

"I think I do."

"You think?" she scoffed and shook her head. "Which one?" and asked

"California and Rome,I guess."

Those were what she used to ask him and she could not believe it was turning into a reality. Not when she had finally realise the sparkling and so called enchanting feeling she had towards him. She wanted to tell him to not leave her, but she just couldn't. She knew perfectly how selfish she would sound as she knew that he would never do the same thing to her.

"Now, now. Stop with that sulking face of yours." Chaeyoung slung an arm around her as the two walked down the streets. It was getting colder each day and the sun was barely out shining, it represented how Minji felt. She was making herself feeling that way as she didn't want to be too heartbroken for the second time.

"It happened too fast, I didn't even get a chance to tell him." Minji sighed and looked down on the road. Oh, how she hated thinking about it. She couldn't even process the cold she was feeling when the wind blew.

Heck, she was like a zombie. She would give a long and blank stare at couples on the streets walking hand in hand to warm each other up. She barely talked and that worries her friends a lot. They didn't exactly know how it felt like to be in her shoes but her behaviour told them everything they needed to know. Minji was lifeless.

Chaeyoung sighed, she felt sorry for what Minji had to go through. "Have you tried telling him now? At least before he leaves?" she asked. "Chaeyoung, that is absurd. I feel like I'm holding him back if he decided to not proceed to California after I confess to him." Minji lazily rolled her eyes, of course she thought about that.

"Besides, there will be lots of other girls he'll meet and eventually he'll forget about me. He would move on." Minji's last sentence was so soft, she was whispering. Chaeyoung looked at her with full of sympathy. How she wished she could do something to help the two lovebirds. Lost lovebirds to be exact.

Chaeyoung and Minji continued walking as Chaeyoung decided to walk her friend home, in case something bad happen as the girl was zoning out quite a lot. However, something of Minji caught her eyes. Chaeyoung looked down at the girl's hand and noticed she was playing with her bracelet. She didn't have to ask, she knew that bracelet. It was given by none other than Changkyun.

She sighed softly so that Minji wouldn't be able to hear her, it was going to be very hard but not impossible for Minji to forget about Changkyun. What Minji went through was what she would describe bizarre. Having her boyfriend cheating on her since the start, her childhood friend b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter