마흔

Ambivalent
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You know when they said that the weather could affect someone's mood? Well, that was what happened to Kang Minji. It was dark for what you could describe as an afternoon. The coulds were grey and it was pouring with droplets of rain. The weather expressed how depressed Minji was, all locked up in her bedroom. She was in no mood of being delighted.

"Minji, your friends are here."

The named girl could hear her mother perfectly from downstairs but she didn't want to meet any of her friends at the moment. Then, she heard knockings on her door which of course she didn't even feel the slightest urge to move. The knockings were getting louder and louder each time and it annoyed her. She was annoyed.

"Minji! Stop doing this to yourself."

Minji didn't listen but instead rolled her eyes and shut her ears with the pillows. She hoped by doing so, both of her friends would go away. They were good friends, making sure she was doing fine. At least they tried. However, she kept hearing noises in front of her bedroom door. Just like she expected they won't leave.

She let out a loud groan before unlocking the door roughly. Chaeyoung stopped knocking on the door when she and Jungyeon saw Minji in front of the door, pissed off. Without a second thought, Jungyeon stepped inside her friend's room followed by Chaeyoung before closing the door behind them.

Minji ignored them and lied herself back on her bed. The two friends looked at each other, telling one another to make a first move before both of them sat at the sides of Minji's bed. Minji was faster, she buried her face in the pillow, she didn't want her friends to see how sad she was feeling at the moment.

"I'm just going to be honest, are you not going to see him?" Chaeyoung asked and touched Minji's hair. Minji didn't answer verbally but shook her head instead. "Minji, I know you're sad but-"

"No! You don't understand what I'm feeling at all!"

Before Jungyeon could even finish her words, Minji snapped and sat on her bed. She seemed worse than they expected. She looked so unorganised, what they were seeing was a really different side of Minji. Jungyeon looked into Minji's eyes as she was staring at her, trying to look angry when she wasn't at all.

Instead of anger, her eyes were filled with tears. Depressed tears. "Then talk to us." Chaeyoung voiced from her side. Jungyeon immediately gave her friend a hug, she coul

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter