열아홉

Ambivalent
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Hello?"

"No, I'm at the library."

"Yes, this is Minji and I'm not sick."

"Alright, see you." the named girl rolled her eyes as she glanced at the caller ID before ending the call. Why was it that her friends never believed her every time she said she was studying?

Well, she wasn't studying real hard, she was just taking a brief look at what she was going to learn in her senior year. So, basically all she did was going through the pages without even bothering to read it. Or in other words, she actually had nothing to do at home. Her parents are out for work, Changkyun was hanging out with his friends, Wonho was busy preparing for his university and she was left all alone, again.

Luckily, the call from Jungyeon made her feel better. At least, she'll be doing something rather than sitting in this strictly quiet place. Seriously, how can anyone stay silent for so long? Minji thought, as she knew she can't even stand of keeping shut even for just a few minutes. There was just so much to talk about.

It was actually a bit weird because she used to be one of those people. Staying quiet all the time until she was in middle school after her childhood friend left her. She decided to make a drastic change when she knew she would never survive school if all she was going to do is stay low. She should at least talk more.

Minji then heard her phone beeping, indicating someone had sent a message to her. She fished her phone out of her pocket and read the message from Jungyeon. She took her bag and placed the books back on the trolley before exiting the library.

"So, where are we going?" Minji asked as soon as she saw Jungyeon under the stairs. She was scrolling through her phone and didn't notice her friend walking towards her. "Jungyeon?" Minji called her again as she waved her hand in front of the girl's face. Jungyeon finally looked up from her phone and paused to look at Minji for a while.

"You okay?" Minji asked again as Jungyeon wasn't replying but she kept staring at her instead. "Oh yeah, I slept late last night." Jungyeon blinked a few times whilst answering. Minji made a face as her friend was acting quite strangely. "So, where are we going?" Minji repeated her question in a different tone, as they walked away from the library.

"Let's head to the mall. I'm hungry." Jungyeon said as the two girls crossed the street and headed down the subway. They started conversing about their day and random things and they even wondered why Chaeyoung couldn't join them. After the subway stopped, the two headed out along with several other passengers.

They had to walk further before they could even reach the mall. The whole time they were walking, Minji was vigilant. She kept an eye on her surroundings as she walked with one of her hand holding her bag firmly. She was a bit traumatised at what happened yesterday

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter