Chapter 44: Following her footsteps

Twisted Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kim Jong Kook

As soon as he opened the door to the hotel room, he laid down on the bed. He closed his eyes and pretty soon he fell asleep. The lack of sleep for the last 11 hours was finally kicking in. He didn’t realize that it was already 8am when he finally woke up and he reached for his phone. He had received a message from his assistant with the details of an investigator. Knowing that he could not speak French, he took the lift to the hotel lobby, hoping to receive some help.

Putting his pride aside, he managed to pass her details over to the investigator with the help of the hotel staff. He received a couple of weird glances from the staff but he ignored it, nothing was more important than locating her whereabouts.

As he made his way back to the hotel room, his stomach started grumbling. He remembered that aside from the lack of sleep, he couldn’t remember when his last meal was. As he approached his room door, he contemplated whether or not to head down to the restaurant or order room service instead. After standing outside his room door for about a minute, he decided he would have his breakfast at the restaurant and to enjoy the view at least, when he was here. As he walked towards the lobby absentmindedly, he didn’t realise a person in front of him until he heard the tune whenever the door was locked. He looked up only to face a back view of a lady that looked too familiar. He stopped right in his tracks and took a few steps backwards, hoping she did not see him. He waited as she stepped into the elevator and turned around…

It was her.

What were the odds?

As the elevator door closed, he ran towards it

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter