Nine

Hello, My Ghost Friend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Replay if you've finished! : ^ )

Haewon stood on top of the rooftop on a fine Friday afternoon. It had been a month and a half since she'd met Jungkook, Myungsoo   these handsome human boys. She was surprised at how she could keep her true identity a secret for this long, save for the close calls where she was almost found out. Jungkook was someone who casually brushed it off, while she couldn't tell if Myungsoo was someone who pretended not to notice or if he was literally clueless. 

"Haewon!" 

Haewon rolled her eyes at the voice she'd last heard weeks ago, because she didn't miss Haneul-nim at all. She thought of him as a father who always nagged her about when she would visit her family. Every single time he visited her, the question would always be asked. The question that Haewon ignored all the time. 

"If you're going to pester me to visit my family, then please go inform Seungcheol about how many more months he has left and skip me." She turned her back from facing the sky as she lay on the rooftop ledge. "I have other things to think about."

Hanuel-nim let out a loud sigh, which were the moderate winds that blew behind her. "Alright, it looks like it wouldn't be any use if I asked you to visit them anyway. I believe that there will be someone you'll want to take with you to see your family."

Someone? Frowning in confusion, she turned around to look at the sky. "Haneul-nim, what do you mean by that?"

However, Haneul-nim immediately diverted away from the topic, and asked her. "Anyway, I wanted to know about your progress. Have you found something you're passionate about? An interesting hobby, maybe? Or have you found someone you love?"

"Nope, no one at all. I'm only going to focus on what I'm passionate about, which is nothing at the moment." Haewon grinned. "Haneul-nim, if I say my hobbies are sleeping and eating can you give me another chance?" 

There was no response for a few seconds, and Haewon could feel an even stronger wind compared to the first one brushing against her back. This one was on the verge of pushing her off the ledge. She guessed Haneul-nim was speechless at her witty answers. 

"No, Haewon, your talent cannot be sleeping and eating. It's been months since you went to the funeral hall for food." Haneul-nim was nagging at her again. "Well, as you said earlier, I have to go see Seungcheol. But, I truly believe that you have a hidden passion inside of you that you're unaware of. And I'm certain that you're going to start falling for someone soon! A two in one package, I'll be delighted to hear about it next time!"

With that, Haneul-nim said his farewells, leaving Haewon dumbstruck. She instantly sat up with her legs crossed, and her legs swingy back and forth frantically. She thought the higher-up was being carelss for assuming, until she realised all of his assumptions always ended to be true. She didn't know her cheeks were starting to turn red. It was weird how she could suddenly feel a hot sensation creep up her face although she was a ghost.

"W-What   Haneul-nim is crazy  " She mumured to herself. "S-Someone I-I-I like?! No way..."

It was then that the old rundown door of the school rooftop flung open, hitting roughly against the white painted walls. Haewon lifted her head up to see who it was. The boy stood at the doorframe, panting. The look on Jeon Jungkook's face was one that screamed for something to do. He continued to stare at her, with excitement written on his face. 

"Live performances, they're showing today  " Jungkook stood up from straight from his bending position. 

Haewon, totally forgetting what she'd been looking forward to ever since a month and a half ago, questioned him casually. "Yeah, so what?"

"What the   Didn't you say you wanted to go see them?" Jungkook frowned at her. "Don't you remember? Two weeks ago you were annoying me so much over it, and now all my tests are done for." He ruffled his hair frustratedly when Haewon was still blinking at him. "Which means I have the time to take you! Okay?"

Oh yeah, that famous band he was talking about last time. "O-Oh that, let's go then." The only reason Haewon didn't sound enthusiastic was because her mind was still trailing back to what Haneul-nim had told her. 'And I'm certain you're going to fall for someone soon!'

Jungkook sensed the tone of her voice, and he walked over to her, sitting next to her on the ledge of the rooftop. "Hey, what sort of reaction is that supposed to be? You should be pulling at me along and shouting 'thank you' instead of stuttering."

Haewon was spacing out when Jungkook poked his head in front of her vision to take a close look at her. "Your face is red. Are you okay?"

She felt the tip of his fingers brushing over her cheeks, and she met eyes with him. Shivers went down her spine at his touch. The evening light shone on the both of them, making the scene feel almost dreamlike in their eyes. At the same time, the winds ruffled both of their hairs until they turned in to flying messes. Is Haneul-nim watching this? 

Jungkook realised what he was doing, and hurriedly retracted his hand back, while Haewon pulled away from his comforting touch. 

"I-I'm okay, really." She stood up, lowering her head down to stare at her feet. 

She heard Jungkook let out an awkward cough. "If you say so..." 

It didn't take more than a minute for the atmosphere to suddenly turn quiet. Jungkook was probably waiting for Haewon to say something as his foot tapped impatiently on the ground. Haewon decided to get rid of the thoughts about what Haneul-nim had said to her, and went back to her usual self.

"Jeon Jungkook! Let's go, you slowpoke! What are you waiting for?" Her chirpy voice yelled, catching his attention right away. She ran to the opened rooftop door, her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter