Sixteen

Hello, My Ghost Friend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N : Warning! Jungkook is going to be unleashing his anger!

 

Jungkook had never imagined that he would get punched by someone in his life for being irrational. He wasn't a gang member, nor was he someone who enjoyed picking fights, but on this cooling summer's night where the faint sound of dogs barking mixed with the chirping of crickets was audible, someone had snapped him out of his senses, that person set his head straight for him again.

On the afternoon of the same day it happened, Jungkook was in a more messier state than he'd ever been in before. There were two essays he had to pass up tomorrow, his basketball team had called him to tell him that they definitely needed to come for the match this Saturday afternoon although he'd told them a few days ago there was going to be this exclusive movie premiere he was going to with his hyungs at night. He didn't want to show up to the place looking exhausted, but he knew he had no choice since he was the captain. 

"Hey Jungkook!" Taehyung slammed both of his palms on the younger boy's table loudly, surprising him. "The movie premiere, you're coming right? You can't miss it! Jin hyung worked so hard to get those tickets from his seniors! You have to come tomorrow night!" 

"I'm going, I'm going, alright?" Jungkook stuffed a finger in his ear, tired of hearing anymore of his friend's nagging. "I wouldn't miss being able to see Park Shinhye for anything else."

"I knew you'd say that," Taehyung grinned, but shot him an uncertain look, "but, what's up with you? You look dull nowadays, and you don't sound really excited to go for the premiere either. You know... if it's about that Ji Haewon girl... I think you should sort it out with her, Jungkook-ah. Whatever the two of you are fighting about."

At Taehyung's words, Jungkook's anger was starting to boil for no reason. Maybe it was because he was too ignorant to realise that Taehyung really was right and he was tired of people asking him about his relationship with the girl. 

"There's nothing wrong between us." Jungkook heaved a sigh. "Hyung, just stop talking about her. Please..."

He was lucky Taehyung was more understanding today because he tapped his head before leaving the classroom. 

 

 

Jungkook sped down the hallways of school, loosening his tie because of the hot weather. He couldn't wait to get home, to feel himself sink in to the smooth sheets of his bed which would immediately be able to erase all his worries away. He could already imagine his ideal Friday night, sleeping in his room while it rained gently outside. 

A lonely night all to himself, that was what he needed. Just thinking about it lifted his mood up for a short moment. 

Jungkook's thoughts were interrupted when he felt his phone vibrate in his pocket. He stuffed his hand in pocket and rummaged through the clutter of hundred won coins and packets of bubblegum. If the world couldn't be anymore cruel, Jungkook's phone slipped out of his hands once he pulled it out of his pocket. He watched the silver Iphone 6 hit the ground.

"Damn it," He cursed under his breath, bending down to pick up his phone, "I think it's scratched."

Still in his bending position, Jungkook checked for scratches on his phone. Appearing in his view suddenly, he could see two pairs of shoes.  The two people standing in front of him weren't walking away, and his conscience pleaded for him not to look up. Being the disobedient bastard he was, he decided to lift his head up.

The sunlight hit at his eyes, blinding him. He raised his arm next to his forehead so he could see the two figures more clearly, although he already had a rough idea of who these two people were. The grip he had around his phone tightened once he saw Myungsoo holding Haewon's hand.

"You  " Myungsoo bent down a few inches and pulled Jungkook up forcefully by grabbing the collar of his uniform. "Apologise to Haewon, now."

"Firstly, it's not 'you'. I have a name, it's Jeon Jungkook." Jungkook said to Myungsoo, his eyes were focused on Haewon.

Judging from her facial expression, she seemed uncomfortable. The look in her eyes bore in to Jungkook's, and he wanted to pull her out of this situation. To Jungkook, it was just him and Haewon face to face. Deep inside of him he knew he didn't want to be standing apart from her like this. He wanted his arm to be around her waist, or their hands to be interlaced together. 

"Fine. Jeon Jungkook, you're avoiding Haewon, aren't you? You're avoiding her because she's a ghost. That's it?" 

"If I answer this question, can I go?" Myungsoo nodded at him. "Yes, she's a ghost. I don't want to get involved with any other things that aren't human, but for some damn reason I keep getting tangled up with them. Choi Seungcheol, Jaemin... Haewon... I don't want to have anything to do with all of you!" You know you don't mean that Jungkook. 

What a great way to rain on Jungkook's parade. He was hoping to stay out of harm's way today. 

Jungkook knew he said would go after that question, but he found his mouth blurting out hurtful comments. "Ji Haewon, she was t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter