Thirty [FINAL]

Hello, My Ghost Friend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Jungkook and Haewon stood outside Namjoon's studio the next day. He had his hand wrapped around hers tightly, so he could stop her from barging in. He was having mixed feelings bringing his girlfriend to meet all of his hyungs. Sure, they'd only met Haewon a few times; one of those times as a human and the rest as a ghost, but he was still worried that some of them would start to get too much of her attention. He was especially prepared to pounce on Taehyung if he wanted to try anything flirty with her. 

"I told you we still have time to go somewhere else! Can't you meet them another time?" Jungkook whined. "I mean, you just came back from the heavens to start a new life, and what better way to spend your second day alive with me? Haewonnnnnnn!"

"Jeon Jungkook," Haewon pinched both of his cheeks, shutting him up, "you're such a cute, jealous boyfriend."

"W-Who said I was jealous?" Jungkook forced out a laugh. "Yah, you said you had a lot of things to tell me but you haven't even told me anything! When am I going to hear about the six months you spent up there?"

Haewon seemed to be amused at his behaviour, but Jungkook was not going to let himself get swayed by her smile. He continued to pout and have his back hunched and his head lowered. He waited for Haewon to say something, maybe agree on his idea to visit his friends some other time. Though, an answer like that never came. Instead, she went in for a hug.

Jungkook knew this meant that she really wanted to see his friends. Sighing in defeat, he returned her hug. His hand cupped the back of her head while he placed his chin on top of her head. If Haewon was being this sweet to him, the only thing Jungkook could do was give in to her simple request.

"Yesterday, you said that we'd have all the time in the world to hear about that." Haewon looked up at him with her big, glistening orbs. "I'll tell you all about it later, so don't worry. Tomorrow, we can go to the Han River, Namsan Tower   anywhere you wanna go. Can't we just go in, Jungkook-ah?" She pecked him once on his lips.

Jungkook turned to face the door. He glanced over at Haewon with a smirk on his face before pushing the door to Namjoon's studio open. He knew the older boy often kept it unlock due to his forgetfulness. There had been many times where he'd told Namjoon to install a passcode system for his studio, but he was too lazy to get it done. 

Inside Namjoon's studio, nothing much was happening. Namjoon was at his desk composing music and Yoongi was helping him. Seokjin, Taehyung and Jimin were busy playing tennis on Wii sports. Lastly, Hoseok was busy munching away on a hamburger. When Jungkook entered the studio with Haewon, the first one to notice was Taehyung since he was closest to the door.

Taehyung thought that Jungkook must've come by himself, so he kept his attention on the game. "Yah, Jeon Jungkook, what took you so long?"

"Oh, Jungkook's here?" Jimin turned to the doorway. "Hey, i-i-isn't that Haewon?"

One by one after the mention of her name, the heads of the boys started to turn. All of them surprised, no doubt, to say the least. They hadn't seen her in six months and they weren't used to seeing her as a real human. They'd always met Haewon as some sort of invisible entity. Now, to be able to see her for real, they must've been feeling emotional. 

"You're right," Hoseok's mouth was agape, "it really is her. It's her! The Queen of Cuteness is back!"

Taehyung tossed his controller on the sofa, hurriedly walking up to the girl. Jungkook eyed his hyung and stuck a cautious arm out to make sure he wouldn't get too close. He met eyes with Haewon, who mouthed at him to stop overreacting. They were just going to have a happy reunion, much less intimate than Jungkook's. But it was a problem when he considered smiling at each other the equivalent to a hug.

"You never told us that Haewon was back!" Jimin crossed his arms. "Was that why you rushed off so fast yesterday?"

"N-No! it was nothing like that! I just didn't want to be there when you guys got drunk." Jungkook explained. "I didn't know she was back until yesterday evening."

"Woah, did you get more beautiful?" In an instant Taehyung clung on to Haewon's arm. "Haewon-ah, it only felt like yesterday when you patted my head as ghost. Time really does fly by, doesn't it?"

"I feel like it's been a long time since I've seen you, Taehyung." Haewon chuckled. 

Jungkook cleared his throat. "Now hyung, don't think of getting too close!"

"Jungkook-ah, just lighten up abit!" Namjoon went over to pat the younger on the back. "It's been awhile since all of us have seen Haewon, and now seeing her in front of us as a fine woman instead of a ghost, it sort of feels incredible. Like, wow, I don't know what to say."

"Alright, alright, we get it. You're amazed, now don't even start on your whole explanation of possible things in the universe!" Yoongi scowled, causing Namjoon to put what he wanted to say on hold. 

Alas, a chuckle couldn't help but escape from Jungkook's mouth when she saw Haewon laugh. Eventhough he'd been a bit against bringing her here, he was starting to take those feelings back. She'd just returned to this world as a human, and whatever made her happy, he guessed he would just have to deal with it. Even Taehyung's poor flirting.

 

 

 

It was a Friday evening. Jungkook hadn't seen Haewon ever since the morning of today, he was starting to miss her. He put the books from his last class in his locker since his lecturer had let them out late. As soon as he slammed the door to his locker, he was met with the ghost of a young man around his age. The young man had on a pleading look on his face, and he could only roll his eyes in return.

"What do you want?"

"Y-You can r-really see me? So I guess that the rumours were true after all!" The fluffy brown haired boy with soft eyes said. "I heard that there was this guy named Jeon Jungkook from a bunch of ghosts the other day. They said that he could see ghosts and help them move on to the afterlife. That Jeon Jungkook guy should be you, right?"

Jungkook would've been obliged to help this troubled boy if he didn't have to find out what Haewon was doing. "I think you got the wrong person."

"Eyyy, stop kidding. I saw your name on your textbooks just now, they clearly said Jeon Jungkook."

"Well, my services today are closed. I'm really rushing right now." Jungkook shot him a glance and turned the other direction.

When he was far from his locker, he turned around to find that the ghost boy wasn't there anymore. For some reason he felt sorry for the boy since he'd rejected his request so curtly. Jungkook sighed to himself and stared down at his feet which were dragging themselves on the tiles. Once he was near the entrance, he felt a presence, and he stopped moving.

"You do look kinda busy, so this is the last time I'll be asking you." Jungkook looked up and it was the same ghost again. "I figured that I should tell you about my situation first. Let's... start with my name. It's Byun Baekhyun, I'm twenty three and I died two years ago. I always thought to myself, that if I were to die, then I want to at least die for doing something good. But my death was far fro

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter