Ten

Hello, My Ghost Friend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Replay if you've finished! : ^ ) 

"What do you think of this?" Seungcheol asked a spaced out Ji Haewon sitting by the stands while he did another amazing basketball trick. 

It was another dull school day, where the sun hid behind the grey clouds, unwanting to come out of it's comforting hiding spot. The buildings in the school campus looked desaturated of their bright colours, and even the skin of humans seemed paler than before. On a day like this, nobody in Seoul had the mood to do anything. 

Haewon's mind, undoubtedly, was still thinking back to the words Haneul-nim had told her the other day. She was in dire need to find a passion, but nothing was coming to her at all, not even a miracle. If eating and sleeping weren't counted as passions, then she was totally doomed. Another possibility was falling in love with someone, and when she pictured it   Bleh! It made her sick. 

"Ji Haewon!" 

A large basketball flew past her, barely missing hitting her on the face. Haewon was lucky she dodged that in time, because although she was a ghost, she could still feel some pain. The ball rolled to the side of the stands as she glared at the culprit who'd mindlessly decided to throw it. Seungcheol blinked at her a few times and pretended to stare at the trees.

"Choi Seungcheol!" Haewon jumped out of her seat, taking rough stomps towards the boy. Once they were standing opposite each other, she fumed, "what was that for? You could've ruined my beautiful face." 

"You're making me laugh." Seungcheol replied to her sarcastically, turning his head to the side with a smirk. "I asked you," he stuck his hand out to the basketball beside the stands. The basketball started to move a few inches, and smoothly rolled over to Seungcheol before bouncing in his grasp. He dribbled the ball like a professional player and sprinted to the goal. 

Haewon wondered why Seungcheol was showing this off again when this was the tenth time she'd seen him do this. The first time she'd seen it, she praised him for being the Korean Michael Jordan. Maybe it was her that boosted his confidence a little too much. 

Seungcheol jumped with all his might, throwing the basketball in the air. They watched the orange ball circle around the frame of the basket and go through it, like always. Once the move was done (to Haewon's pleasure), Seungcheol gave a proud grin, "if you've seen that." 

"I've seen that too many times. Don't you have anything new?" Haewon crossed her arms. 

"Not yet, but hey, I'm trying to come up with a new move. The feeling just hasn't come yet." He replied casually. "By the way, what was up with you just now? You looked like you were thinking about something deep. Your future love, maybe?"

"What? Where did you hear that from?" Haewon tried to stop her face from reddening. "Hanuel-nim told you, didn't he? What did he say?" 

Seungcheol pretended to feign innocence. "Ey   What are you talking about? He just told me about my own matters. Haneul-nim said my time got shortened by two months, since he's been efficiently dealing with so many for the past month."

"That, and something else about me, right?" Seungcheol didn't give in to her persistence and shrugged. "Fine, if you were stranded on a cloud and had to choose, me or Haneul-nim?" 

At the childish question, Seungcheol didn't hesitate to give her a 'do-I-really-have-to-answer-this?' sort of expression. Still, she knew he was in deep thought at his answer. Finally, after some time, he answered. "I'd choose Haneul-nim, of course. I can't imagine being stuck on a cloud with you  "

"Yah, Choi Seungcheol!" Haewon was ready to pounce on him like a cat, but the boy pushed her forehead back with his index finger. 

Haewon honestly wanted to stay mad at him, but she couldn't stop herself from grinning too. "You're gonna get it next time."

The two of them smiled at each other in unison. Being friends for a year now, Haewon found that their childish fights were part of their routines. Back then, Seungcheol was her only friend who would show up on the rooftop at the dead hours of the night, he was the one who defended her from all the other ghosts looking down on her. 

Seungcheol's gaze focused behind her, and the smile on his face vanished. Was there a deadly creature behind them or something for him to pulling that sort of face? Puzzled, she tried to run around, but stopped her. 

"Jungkook's coming out of the building, I should go. Pretend you're playing hop-scotch or whatever you like to do." Seungcheol patted her on the head. "See ya."

She watched the boy disappear behind the stands with his basketball under his arm. Then, her mood brightened even more because as Seungcheol had told her, Jungkook was coming out of the buidling. Haewon spun around on her heels, anticipating another great escapade Jungkook was going to take her on today.

 

Jungkook was relieved when he found Haewon at the basketball court. It meant that he didn't have to speed up flights of stairs to the top of the school's rooftop. The rumours of there being a ghost residing there had died down with the rooftop door now being unlocked. The existence of the rumour was slowly fading away from his memory too.

"I'm glad you didn't go to the rooftop today, Jungkook-ah!" Jimin told him while they were exiting the school. "You can't be sure, you know. I still sense paranormal activity up there sometimes. Just because the rooftop door's unlocked, doesn't mean the ghost is gone

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter