Five

Hello, My Ghost Friend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Replay if you've finished! : ^ )

 

If any of the ghosts Myungsoo knew asked about how he met Haewon, he would tell them that they were friends at first glance, rather than love. Sure, he might've felt a small liking towards her, but that was because she intrigued him more than any other lost soul. It was a rare sight for him to see a ghost so full of, ironically, life. Especially when she was a ghost who fell in to the category of suicide as a cause of death.

Ghosts who commited suicide were ranked low in the spirit world, according to what Seungcheol told him. They were above the spirits who were sentenced to death for crimes, of course, but the wandering spirits on Earth didn't favour them. They were kicked out of funeral halls by other ghosts, they were often criticised at for not valuing their lives.

"I don't know why other ghosts hate ghosts who've commited suicide, but I don't discriminate. All I know is that Haewon is a good person to hang out with. She listens to what I have to say, and she has stories of her own to tell. Sometimes, seeing her so enthusiastically sharing her stories of when she was alive, it makes me wonder if she really decided to end her life." Seungcheol said to him once when they were resting on the stands.

Myungsoo thought he would never be able to get a chance to see her, because every time he was running he would spot her on the ledge of the school's rooftop, looking out in to the distance. The only place he would be able to meet her would be on the rooftop. The girl seemed to never leave the area, except for when she was with Jeon Jungkook. He wanted to know more about Haewon, maybe they could even become friends.

 

 

On a hot Thursday morning during the first week of school, Myungsoo finished his tenth lap around the school track. The thoughts on his mind were usually about winning when he set foot on the track, but today he couldn't help but drift to think of Ji Haewon for three of those laps. It caused him to run slower, and this sudden change Seungcheol noticed. 

"Slower than usual today, captain." Seungcheol had his arms and legs crossed relaxedly as he looked at Myungsoo. The ghost boy scooted closer to him, batting his eyelashes. "Why? Were you thinking about me? Did you slow down to stare at me longer?" He clasped his hands under his chin. 

"In your dreams, Choi Seungcheol." Myungsoo glared at his friend. "I-I was thinking about something else."

"Something else, or someone else? Make yourself clear," Seungcheol smirked at him, opening his mouth again, "is it really something else you're thinking about? Because if it was someone, I think I clearly know who. You're thinking about Hae  "

"Ji Haewon  " Myungsoo interrupted him, suddenly getting hyped up at the mention of her name. "Yeah, I was thinking about her... Seungcheol, can you introduce me to her?"

"Why don't you approach her yourself? She's back at the rooftop again, I haven't seen her with Jungkook ever since yesterday. This is your opportunity!" Seungcheol pumped his fists in the air and gave him an excited look. "She likes having someone to talk to, and maybe you can be that someone."

But I don't think I can do that, I don't know how to approach her. Myungsoo stared on the ground, biting on his lip nervously. He'd never acted this way in front of Seungcheol before, but this was a favour he really wanted from him. He brought his both of his clenched hands up to either side of his cheeks.

A dead serious expression was on his face. "You don't tell anyone about this."

"Who can I tell? I'm a damn ghos  " "Seungcheollie, introduce her to me, please? I'm begging you, Cheollie-yah~" "Ah, what the hell?!"

Seungcheol curled up in to a ball, circling his arms around his knees which were glued to his chest. The boy did a double chin, 'subtly' trying to back away from Myungsoo, who was back to his serious personality.

He crossed his arms. "So, are you going to help me, or not?"

"I'll do it, if you promise to never do that again. Even when I'm gone, don't do that. It's disgusting."

 

 

That Friday, the Track and Race club had just finished their meeting. Myungsoo exited the clubroom, and the members followed behind him. Some of them patted him on the shoulder for his hard work, while the juniors glared at him. A number of them had been scolded for not showing up to a few practices, Myungsoo thought they deserved it. 

"Don't overwork yourself, Myungsoo-ah." His friend Sungyeol nudged him before walking down the long corridor. 

"I know that..." Myungsoo murmured to himself, his eyes watching as Sungyeol's figure disappeared down the corridor.

He stared outside the window at the trees swaying from side to side, and suddenly remembered something. A favour he'd ask of Seungcheol, even going so far as to do reveal his dreaded cuteness for the boy to agree with him. Today was the day he was going to meet Ji Haewon, face to face. How as he supposed to greet her?

What should I tell her? Myungsoo stopped in front of a classroom window, turning to face his reflection. He gave a friendly smile at it. "I've heard of you before, Ji Haewon   No, Kim Myungsoo, are you a ert?" He slapped himself and cleared his throat, trying it again. "My name is Kim Myungsoo, it's nice to meet you. Does that sound too plain? .

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter