Seventeen

Hello, My Ghost Friend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N : Enjoy lovelies <3

 

As much as Haewon didn't want to step foot in this place, she had no choice. It was that time of the month again; she was hungry. The funeral hall was the only place where she could get her hands on food that she would actually be able to eat. Other foods outside the funeral halls didn't work on ghosts. She took a deep breath before stepping in the place. 

Her heart was thumping nervously against her chest. The last few times she'd been here, other ghosts , they'd belittled her for being a ghost who'd suffered one of the most lowly causes of death. Well, not everyone had done that to her, just the cockier ghosts who stayed in the funeral all day feasting off the food lavishly. Still, it was quite a number of them who opposed of her. 

Maybe if I go to an empty hall... Haewon thought, passing through numerous mourning people dressed in black. The sombre atmosphere that the living were feeling didn't have any effect on her at all. She poked her head in a few rooms that were filled with ghosts waiting for their turn. They would chase her away for sure, coming up with some lame excuse that there was no space for her anymore. 

She finally settled for an empty room at the end of the hallway. The lights were dim, and there were only leftovers on the tables of the room. At the end of the room was an altar of the deceased which was giving off the smell of burned incense. These rooms were considerably big, so the mess people had made was huge. Haewon figured she just had to be happy with what she could get her hands on. 

"These people are so selfish, seriously!" She scrunched up her nose in distaste once her eyes landed on the poor fish that had been ripped off of it's meat. 

Haewon grabbed a pair of fresh wooden chopsticks, reached for a cold bowl of rice lying within an arm's reach from her, and she clapped her hands together. Her eyes scanned the measly dishes in front of her. She let out a sigh and bowed tiredly, "I'll enjoy this meal."

The food tasted kind of stale, but it always tasted bland so she really couldn't complain. Even if she did complain, no one would be able to listen to her. There was no Seungcheol today, no Myungsoo and most importantly to her, no Jungkook. She was thinking while stuffing spoonfulls of rice in to . The words Jungkook had said to her made her fill with more rice until her cheeks were bloated. She wanted to take her mind off the memory. 

"Well, well, well... who do we have here?" A deep voice filled the empty room. 

Damn it, I thought I would've been able to eat in peace for once. Haewon calmly placed her spoon on the table and swallowed the rice in . She turned her head around to stare at the group of ghosts smirking at her. "Aish, what the hell do you guys want?" 

"Come on now, you shouldn't be like that to us, Haewon-ah. Don't you think you should remember where you fall in the social ranking here?" The leader of the group, Jang Kijun was a guy in his mid 20s. The reason for his death was a car accident. He was a slobby guy because he always had this smug look on his face and it didn't help that his eyes looked like slits and he had a big nose.

"Look, I just want to eat here. After I'm done, I'll be gone." Haewon told herself not to feel scared. Kijun and his gang of a few ghosts surrounded her, their faces  clearly being amused at how Haewon had shrunk when they sat around her.

"Oh no, we don't any issue with you being here. Right, guys?" Kijun asked everyone who nodded in agreement, focusing on Haewon again. "As you can see, some newbies are here, and you know how much I love to talk about you. I accidentally let it slip off my mouth," Kijun pretended to gasp, "about how you died. It's not true, is it, Haewon? Why don't you tell them?" 

When Haewon couldn't say anything, some of them started to whisper to one another. 

"I guess what Kijun said was right, she did commit suicide."

"Even I wouldn't dream of doing that. Why did she do it anyway? Did she think she was too dumb or something?" 

"Jang Kijun, you good for nothing jerk  " Haewon knew she'd reached her breaking point. She was already trying to deal with Jungkook, she didn't need this disturbance in her life. 

She lunged for the older male with a flaming passion to tear his head off eventhough he was already dead. The room now erupted with Haewon's cusses directed at Kijun while he screamed at her for being psychotic. The ghosts around them held the both of them back since Haewon and Kijun we

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter