Three

Hello, My Ghost Friend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Replay if you've finished! : ^ )

Where is she? 

Jungkook reached the tree he'd seen Haewon sitting on only to find that the girl was nowhere to be seen. He turned around, his eyes scanning frantically around the place for any sight of her. Drops of sweat trickled down his forehead down to his cheeks and his arm reached to wipe them away, his breaths were still heavy from the intense running. 

"Are you looking for me?" A feminine voice said from behind.

Turning around, he found Ji Haewon's head poking out from one of the tree trunks. She grinned at him, sticking her hand out for a wave. The wind ruffled her wavy hair in all sorts of directions, and from Jungkook's point of view she looked breathtaking. But he wasn't going to tell it to her face   she didn't need to know about his thoughts. 

"Did you jump?" He asked her while panting. Damn, that was a stupid question. 

The girl stepped out from behind the tree trunk, an unamused expression displayed on her face. "Well, obviously as you can see, my limbs aren't broken. I just said it to scare you. It worked, right?" 

"You little..." Jungkook muttered under his breath as he glared at the girl without failure. This was the first time since his first year of high school he'd been worried for a girl, let alone a girl he'd only met for a day. He didn't know what class she was in or what year she was in, but he still managed to unintentionally interfer with her business. 

This girl by the name of Ji Haewon, standing in front of him with that grin on her face filled with mischeif  her personality, he could see quite clearly. An adventurous one, much like him. Seeing how she enjoyed climbing on trees, standing on ledges of high buildings with no consideration for her safety whatsoever, she seemed more brave than him. Maybe that could even be true, if he could find her doing more dangerous antics he'd never had the balls to do. 

Though, their personalities definitely didn't match completely. Jungkook was a relaxed guy, often finding a million of things in life tiresome. He believed the size of his brain was equivalent to that of a peanut. He was loud at times, but he was mostly reserved unless he was with people who he knew. Then, there was Haewon. If she were a player in a game like Street Fighter, he energy bar would never be able to run low. That was how Jungkook viewed her.

She was a ball of energy, a bit too much for him. 

"Alright, you're done with your tricks, right? I'm heading back to class now." Jungkook turned around. He started to walk his way back to his class.

"Jeon Jungkook! Jungkook-ssi! Jungkooooook!"

Suddenly, Jungkook stopped in his tracks.

Now, in case anyone was misunderstanding him for stopping due to Haewon's cries, they were wrong. He realised that because of her, he'd embarrassed himself in front of the class by abruptly running out without an excuse. How the heck was he supposed to explain it to his teacher when he entered? He couldn't! Not when all eyes would be on him.

Jungkook turned around as he speedwalked to the clueless girl until he stood in front of her. He lowered down his head, letting out a loud sigh filled with irritation. "I can't go back to my class."

"So what?" Haewon crossed her arms. She closed her eyes and turned her head to the side, imitating a child who wanted attention. "I thought you said you were going back to class."

"Don't you have class?" Jungkook raised an eyebrow at her. 

For a slight second, her face went blank. The type of face resembling someone who had been caught off guard, and had no reasonable answer to give. It took some time for Haewon to respond. "I'm skipping. I'm going to do a lot of things starting from today. Swimming, playing instruments, dancing, listening to music, exploring the city, watching every single movie in the cinema   just think of all the things waiting to be done!" 

"You're saying that as if you've never done those things before." Jungkook joked at how pumped up she sounded.

"B-Because I wasn't really   No, I'm not really good at doing all those things!"

"You aren't even good at listening to music? Is your music taste really that bad?" Jungkook couldn't stop throwing back remarks at whatever Haewon was saying. "This is the first time I've heard someone say they're not good at listening to music. Why, Ji Haewon? Are nursery rhymes your type of songs?"

"No, as if they would be." Haewon shot him a look. "Anyways, I'm getting out of here. I feel stuffy in this area even if I'm outside, maybe because it's the school." She turned around, this time it looked like she was deciding to leave Jungkook behind. He watched her lifting up one of her feet, but shortly placing it back down again. The girl spun around to face him. "Are you coming? You can be like my companion or something!"

Jungkook widened his eyes. "C-Companion?"

"Yep, a companion. I really don't have many friends, and I'm by myself most of the time. But you know, it's completely alright if you don't want to. I'm not forcing you or anything." Haewon told him.

Jungkook didn't know why he felt so guilty. Maybe the reason was this girl in front of him, so the answer he gave her next was able to send her smiling for the rest of the day. "I'll... follow you, sure."

Jungkook didn't know what he'd just a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter