Fifteen

Hello, My Ghost Friend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N : I bet you guys never expected this update! Heh

 

Jungkook watched Haewon stay stuck in her place, silent. The words that had just come out of his mouth, were those the right things to say to her? He shook off the regret in his head and waited for an answer. He wanted to know a lot of things from her. What caused her to be what she was now, why she ever thought of hiding her identity from him, what did she possibly do it for. 

It all made sense now, everything he was confused about her before. Why she'd always rejected his offers for her to have a bite of food or a gulp of a drink. She wasn't able to eat them. How she was able to balance on the rooftop ledge without any fear was because she already dead. She wasn't scared. Her hands always felt so cold when he circled his own around them because they were supposed to feel like that. He understood why no one paid any attention to her during their brief trip to Hongdae, when people were complaning of the chills down their spine everytime he walked past them, dragging Haewon behind him.

Ji Haewon was a ghost ignored by the whole world, only noticed by a few. 

"J-Jungkook, I really didn't mean to  "

The girl took a step forward and he took one backwards. 

"I c-can't do this, Haewon. D-Do you know what I felt back there?" Jungkook took a deep breath as he thumped his fist on his heart. "S-Seeing your smiling face, your m-memorial   I felt like I was going crazy! It hurt me like hell! I didn't want to believe it... that a girl like you... was dead. But this isn't a dream, and I can't change anything! No matter how much I god damn want to."

Like what he'd told Jaemin hours before, it wasn't like he could turn back time to stop him from dying, neither her. He had no power to, he wasn't God.

He roughly wiped his tears away with the sleeve of his school blazer. He looked up again and under the sunlight he could see that Haewon's nose was starting to turn red. The girl blinked a few times and tears fell down to the ends of her jawline, disappearing before they could even reach the ground. This was probably the first time he'd seen her cry. The worst thing was that she was crying because of him.

"I wanted to tell you Jungkook, I r-really did! I just didn't want you to..." Her voice slowly died down. 

"I don't want to hear it anymore... For now, just don't come looking for me. I need to sort out my thoughts."

Jungkook needed some time since he hadn't completely come to accept that the girl he liked was a ghost. He always tried to avoid any possible ghost around him and he had followed this rule so perfectly up until now. Avoiding Haewon just didn't appeal to him at all. 

He turned around and started to walk back, he didn't want to meet eyes with her. Only when the rooftop door was closing behind him did he take a quick glance back. Between the gap he met eyes with Choi Seungcheol, and the door closed, engulfing Jungkook in darkness.

 

"Hey Captain! There's a meeting after school, don't forget about it!"

Myungsoo watched Sungyeol scurry down the corridor of the fourth floor. He scoffed at how dense his friend was and mumured under his breath, "What makes that guy think I'll forget it? I'm the one who set the meeting for today."

He continued walking down the corridor, his grape flavoured lollipop rolling on his tongue as he looked in the different classroom to see what was going on in each of them. Someone had earned his questioning gaze in one of the classrooms. Jeon Jungkook was sitting at his desk with his hands sprawled over his closed books and his head hidden away from everyone. 

To Myungsoo, this was fairly strange. Normally, Jungkook would've been anywhere but in the school classroom during lunch time. He knew on most occasions that Jungkook was always with Haewon, but today he wasn't. There was a sullen atmosphere surrounding his isolated figure. It was like the boy's soul was out of him. 

It was then that Taehyung and Jimin were coincidentally making their way towards Myungsoo. The two were too engaged in arguing about something, so Myungsoo casually pulled Taehyung by his hoodie.

"Kim Myungsoo? What do you want?" Taehyung straightened his back in front of him. 

"Don't ask questions and tell me straight." Myungsoo gestured his thumb at Jungkook. "That guy   what's up with him? He's not dead, right?" 

Jimin took a glance at Jungkook, shaking his head. "No, he's just really gotten depressed lately. Like, from a few days ago, dunno why." 

"He's not even buying sausage bread," Taehyung sighed, sounding heartbroken, "and he really loves sausage bread."

"Then, do you at least have a brief idea of what might be upsetting him?" 

The two boys eyed Myungsoo suspiciously and looked at each other before nodding hesitantly. "We'll tell you, but just keep it to yourself. It'll be a problem if our pretty boy starts getting flooded with unwanted questions."

And it'll be a problem if something happens to Haewon because of him. Myungsoo gave a short nod. "What do you take me for? I'm not a talkative one."

"Well, we think it's because of this girl. I think her name's Ji Haewon? Yeah, for the past few days we've been teasing him about when he was going to show her to us but he didn't look flustered or anything like that. Just a shake of his head, and he was gone. The other day he wanted to introduce her to us, but something came up so we didn't get to see her." 

"This Haewon girl sounds so mysterious," Jimin whipped h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter