One

Hello, My Ghost Friend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Replay if you've finished! : ^ )

*Haneul-nim: In Korean, Haneul means sky and adding the '-nim' makes it more respectful. I really didn't know how to address the Heavens or God in Korean, so I felt that this was appropriate! 

"Name?"

"Jeon... Jungkook."

"Class 3-3, you should know where that is."

Jungkook nodded at the teacher who was standing next to the boards which had everyone's new class displayed for the year. This was going to be his last year in Yeonhwa High School, but he really didn't want to leave after this year ended. He still had so many teachers to annoy, students to prank, records in the basketball club that needed to be set... 

The only good thing about this year was that he was still in his same old class, mostly with his classmates from the previous year. He didn't know why he found it unfortunate that Taehyung and Jimin were in his class. He'd had enough of them over their school break. The both of them came over to his house every day in attempts to crash his room just so they could game on his Playstation console. It didn't help that their houses were close to each other, super close. His house was in between theirs. 

"Jungkook-ah!"

Two arms slung around Jungkook's shoulders at the same time. The young boy turned to his left and right to find two familiar faces he was quite tired of seeing everyday. But nonetheless, Taehyung and Jimin were still his friends he couldn't neglect no matter what. 

Park Jimin, with his short height, had decided to dye his hair back to dark brown for this school year. He had his tie loosely worn and his blazer was slung over his shoulder, like how he always wore his uniform. It was decent, to say the least. At least he didn't decide to come to school shirtless. With his defined features grinning his signature eyesmile at Jungkook, he continued to chatter about what he'd done during the break.

On his other side sauntering next to him, was Kim Taehyung. He always looked blank, as if he was staring out in to space instead of listening. His brown, captivating orbs always seemed to show minimal emotions, but that look was enough for him to earn admiring stares from the youthful public of Seoul.

"Hyung, you were held back a year, I think you should be showing some respect." Jungkook joked as he slung his arms around both of his friends.

"We don't talk about that." Jimin shushed the younger boy like a mother. "Take it like we're same age friends, you punk. Don't you know how disappointed I was when they told me I would be held back a year because of my grades? This year, I really need to graduate with the highest marks."

"Yeah you should, so Taehyung hyung can graduate too. I can't believe you held him back too." Jungkook sighed at Jimin's cowardly behaviour. He didn't want to be the only person in the grade that was a year older, so he'd decided to coax Taehyung in to failing the paper after causing him to miss it, saying that staying back a year wouldn't hurt much.

Before Jimin could defend himself from further accusations which were embarrassingly true, the ringing of the school bell sounded from inside the school building. The crowds of students started to flood their way in to the school, all of them giddy for the first day. 

The three of them reached their floor, but Jungkook ascended up another floor without hesitation. 

"Kook ah, where are you going? You know it's the first day, you always need to be present on the first day!" Taehyung shouted after him. "Don't tell us you're going up there again!"

"Tell our homeroom teacher I went to the restroom real quick, I'm asking you this favour hyung!" Jungkook poked his head out from the railings, bringing both of his clasped hands up to his chest so Taehyung would show him some sympathy. After a few seconds, the older boy closed his eyes and sighed, gesturing with his hand for him to go.

Jungkook rushed up the stairs, even making sure that he was skipping two steps to save time. He knew he was just being a bit too gullible, believing in old myths that surrounded Yeonhwa High School, but that myth intrigued him. The myth about the rooftop door always being locked because a ghost was guarding the place. The students weren't helpful at giving many details, and all Jungkook knew that the said 'ghost' was most likely a girl about their age. 

Jungkook didn't think the door was locked because of a ghost, he was actually convinced that the school's manteinance team locked it because the rooftop was a dangerous place to be with circuit cabinets and no barriers attached to the ledges. But he just wanted to believe his moronic, childish theory for once. 

Swiftly, his hand reached to twist the doorknob of the old, grey door. As expected, it didn't budge one bit. He tried searching around the small floor for any secret props that could be used for hiding the keys. There was nothing like that. He tried picking at the lock with a paper clip he'd found on the ground, but he wasn't an expert at it like how Taehyung was. Coins were the last method he had, and after countless minutes of trying to get the thing to move a bit, it still remained stubborn. 

"I should try this later..." Jungkook sighed, stuffing his coins in his pocket before making his way down the stairs, back to his classroom.

 

Ji Haewon was confused.

In the five years she'd been residing on the desolate rooftop of Yeonhwa High School, more than a hundred people had tried to break in! Couldn't these dumb students understand? This place was locked ever since she fell to her death,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter