The Lonely Nutcracker - BTS Rap Monster

Jimin's Not-So-Hopeless Love - Collection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
The Lonely Nutcracker

An AU where Jimin is a ballerina and Rap Monster is an underground rapper. The two are alone in their jobs and struggle with their dreams, with loneliness beginning to consume them, they discover each other. What kind of effects do they have on each other?

 

Park Jimin had a job that would surprise anyone, she had become a ballerina.

Many were surprised because from what they remembered, Jimin wasn't the best dancer.

Jimin hated hearing that, just because she didn't have talent in the field, didn't mean she couldn't have passion for it.

In the past, her dancing may have been a joke for all her friends, but the girl found a dream in the movement.

She soon applied to a dancing academy, despite everyone's protests.

The girl there had met many friends who had the same passion and always supported her unlike her 'friends', this helped her keep going.

Unfortunately, they all split ways after graduation because everyone had different dreams in the field.

She was alone now and had no one to lean on.

However, even though she parted with her friends, she learned many things in the academy. 

Jimin experimented with many different styles of dance, and found ballet stood out the most for her.

She loved the graceful movements, and the elegance ballerinas had.

Jimin had then decided to be a ballerina, and soon applied at a theater.

Unfortunately, the girl was always a supporting character in the dance.

It was because she didn't believe in herself, thinking she didn't have any talent.

Jimin thought everyone outshone her and thought she wasn't enough.

Despite that, she really desired to be in the spotlight.

Jimin had wanted to show the audience her emotions, her presence, her passion.

She just couldn't.

 

Jimin never had the confidence to step out of the boundaries.

 

Kim Namjoon was an underground rapper by the name of Rap Monster, eliciting many laughs from his peers from the ridiculous stage name.

The boy didn't look like a Rap Monster, more like a Nerd Monster.

The boy looked like a smart individual, not someone who could be able to aggressively show his presence.

The underground world was pretty competitive after all.

For Namjoon, that didn't matter to him at all, whether he got ridiculed at or not.

Ever since the boy was young, he loved rapping, even leaving his hometown to pursue his dream.

Namjoon loved writing lyrics, composing, and releasing his emotions over his music.

His intelligence had nothing to do with rapping at all, but everyone thought the boy would put on a funny performance.

To them, Namjoon was a joke.

Although his thoughts were positive like that, his heart didn't agree at all.

He wanted them to acknowledge him.

To do that, Namjoon would write aggressive lyrics and try to live up to their requirements, but every time he tried, the boy ended up making a fool out of himself.

After countless of failed attempts, the boy gave up.

He stopped going there and stopped rapping altogether.

If Namjoon couldn't live up to their expectations, then he wouldn't.

Contrary to his decisions, he longed to make a name for himself and be number one.

Namjoon wanted to fulfill his dreams.

He just couldn't.

 

Namjoon never had the confidence to step out of the boundaries.

 

In the theater, the dancers were planning their next show.

The play they decided to base their dance on for their Christmas show was The Nutcracker and the Mouse King.

They had already chosen roles for the dance, and they were beginning the making of the choreography.

Jimin was offered the main role as Sugar Plum Princess, but since she had no confidence, Jimin gave the role to another ballerina.

Skeptical, the head allowed this, after insisting the girl should be the understudy.

Jimin of course wanted to take the role, but just couldn't.

Something kept preventing the girl from taking it.

Singing alone like this

Everyone knew the girl had exceptional talent and ability, however, Jimin had never acknowledged it and always backed out.

They never pushed her towards it because if Jimin didn't have confidence now, then how could she fulfill her role?

Can even an out-of-the-way island such as myself shine brightly?

Jimin just needed a little push.

 

Jimin was fit to be the Sugar Plum Princess.

 

 

Namjoon would routinely wander around the park, ever since he gave up his name.

The boy didn't have anything to do after that, so he just spent his time in the park to make time go faster.

Slowly, without his passion, he had become an empty shell.

He was beginning to miss his family and friends back home.

Namjoon wanted to talk to them, have someone listen to him and his problems.

The boy wanted guidance to the right path again.

But what should he do without anyone?

What can he do?

My mother said that the sea is blue

This is the life cycle of the music industry.

She said to throw your voice out as far as you can

Namjoon decided he needed to accept the reality of it.

You either become the prey or be the predator.

Namjoon had his 'abilities' and 'talent' thrown away, he had become prey.

But what can I do? It's too dark in here and there are only entirely different whales

It was over.

He was over.

Namjoon was consumed by loneliness.

Namjoon lacked self-confidence in his abilities.

If Namjoon associated with his own style, instead of trying please others, maybe things would be different.

Namjoon just needed a little push.

 

Namjoon had become the defenseless and lonely Nutcracker.

 

As it grew closer to the performance, one chilly day, Namjoon sat on a park bench contemplating his life.

He had done this a million times, but never reached any conclusions.

The boy was still making a living with a part time job, but was that enough?

A gust of wind grazed his arms, snapping him out of his thoughts.

Rubbing his arms, Namjoon looked up at the sky and frowned.

The sky was blue yet windy.

The ground was dry grass yet glistening with frost.

How come it hadn't snowed yet?

Why is the sky still so blue?

Getting up from his seat, Namjoon began trudging out of the park, when the sound of music caught his attention.

Caught in a trance, the boy drew nearer to the music, until his feet led him to an outdoor stage near the park.

When he got there, his attention was immediately caught by the performance in front of him.

The ballerinas were practicing for thei

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter