Perfect Strangers - BTS Jin

Jimin's Not-So-Hopeless Love - Collection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Perfect Strangers

An AU where Jimin and Jin are strangers and have different jobs (assuming everyone is around the same age, in their 20s.) It became a tradition for Jimin and Jin to see each other at their favourite restaurant. They never talked nor have they ever exchanged names, Jin wants to talk to her but can't initiate a conversation. One day, something happens causing the two to finally acknowledge each other. 

 

Kim Seokjin was a chef at a restaurant, along with his six other close friends. He loved his job because he got to cook and eat whenever he secretly could, while having fun with his friends and making good money.

The business was doing pretty well, but he often went out to eat at this particular restaurant called Parfaits Étrangers. 

Seokjin's six close friends who also worked at the restaurant would often ask why he would eat there, when he already worked at a restaurant. 

But Seokjin had grew up with this particular restaurant, it was the whole reason why he loved food and became a chef!

Ever since the boy was little, he always wondered what the name of the restaurant meant, it was a different language compared to the Korean he was used to.

Later, after Seokjin grew up and studied French to be a chef, he became even more confused why the owner named the restaurant that:

Perfect Strangers

The name was pretty mysterious and often made Seokjin think long, about what the meaning was. He asked everyone around him, including the owner of the restaurant.

The owner just smiled knowingly at him and said,

"You'll know when you meet someone like that." That didn't really help Seokjin at all, he knew the owner knew something, he saw the secrecy in her eyes!

So for his entire life, the boy never knew what it meant.

 

That was until he met a certain girl at the said restaurant.

 

Park Jimin was an office worker strangely enough, who just moved in this quiet section of Seoul. She didn't like nor hate her job, she just did what she had to do to get money.

Her friends often commented how the job didn't suit her, with the girl always shrugging it off.

Secretly, Jimin agreed with them.

When she was young, the girl dreamed of being a comedian or a singer that would make people laugh or smile. Unfortunately after auditioning, it didn't work out and she got turned down, so the girl gave up with her dreams crushed.

It was much harder than Jimin expected to make people laugh or sing to warm people's heart.

It just didn't work out

How was she supposed to make anyone smile?

When she graduated university, one of her teachers recommended her to a company and the girl just went along with the flow. Her best friends Kunpimook Bhunwakul who was referred to as BamBam, and Kim Yugyeom often chided her for giving up so easily on dreams.

They were lucky, Bambam has accomplished his dream of being an MC in the entertainment industry and Yugyeom had made it as a backup dancer.

She was always jealous how they loved their jobs, when she didn't even know whether she liked her job or not.

To help herself adjust and like the job, Jimin decided to move out and move into a new apartment with a new start.

It was a nice section of Seoul, it was calm and quiet.. Depicting more of the countryside with nature, compared to the usual busy crowds and flashing lights.

One day, when Jimin was walking around the streets, she found a nice restaurant called Parfaits Étrangers. 

Overhearing certain conversations near the area, she learned the restaurant was really good.

But there was just one thing that bothered the young adult: the name.

Being an office worker she studied many languages, including French. When Jimin saw the sign, she was confused and curious on why the restaurant was named that.

 

She never did know, for a while.

 

Seokjin knew everyone at the restaurant including the customers, it was usually empty considering the popularity of the restaurant.

Every time Seokjin came to the restaurant, he would notice there would be different customers each time, but he learned to know when they would come.

For example the group of rowdy boys would come when there was something to be celebrated, or when the group of old ladies came to catch up with each other.

But as of lately, there had been a new customer who had started frequenting the restaurant.

She was pretty and looked to be in a business related job, the woman looked his age.

For some reason he couldn't figure her out, because the adult came at irregular times.

One time when Seokjin had to stay late at his own job, he came in the restaurant and saw the girl, at 2AM.

Another time, when he had the day off, he saw her coming in at 6 PM.

There were also times when she didn't even show up at all.

It bothered Seokjin greatly, especially with the expression displayed on the woman's face.

It was always neutral, the boy could never decipher what her personality was like at all.

The only thing he could identify was the joy she found eating the food.

He wanted to approach her and get to know her, but since Seokjin had a shy but gentlemen-like demeanor, he thought it would be rude to go up to her.

And never did.

 

Jimin liked the little restaurant, she really did.

The restaurant was fairly empty compared to what Jimin thought, but the girl thought it was actually a good thing.

And the food had a warmth that reminded her of her friends and family. She really missed them a lot, it was hard to keep in contact with different schedules.

The girl came at random times, depending on whether she felt like it or not, depending on what she felt today, if she worked late, or if she just felt plain hungry.

Jimin didn't really care what times she came, and thought no one else would either.

When she came in, she often observed the surroundings around her, there were kids, families, friends, couples, etc.

And there was one particular guy who was always there, a pretty handsome fellow.

But Jimin paid no mind to it, she thought he was just another guy.

 

Jimin had come to the restaurant like she always did, ready to eat some good food.

Sitting at her usual table, the girl looked around recognizing some familiar faces, along with Seokjin's.

Oh he's here again

Turning to her menu, Jimin scanned it deciding what she wanted to eat today.

Seokjin who had been originally there, noticed the girl walk in and sit at her usual seat.

Looking at his lap, the boy fiddled with his fingers and tried to gather up the courage to execute his plan.

Get up from your seat, go up to her and say hi. And start a simple conversation! This isn't hard Seokjin, you can do this!

Seokjin stood up from his seat, preparing to head over to her table, fists clenched determinedly.

But when he turned to her direction, the girl was looking over at some papers while waiting for her order.

The boy took this as a "do not disturb" sign and sat down awkwardly with embarrassed cheeks.

He did it again.

As of lately, Seokjin had been trying to approach the woman but always failed.

He groaned internally, his friends would've made fun of him, if they learned he couldn't start a simple conversation.

Unknown to Seokjin, the owner was looking at him amused.

Are you starting to get what Perfect Strangers mean Seokjin?

The middle aged woman glanced at a photo frame with a younger smiling woman and man.

She then looked at the boy who was me

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter